2019 festival

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

The only act that Dan wilcox got wrong was Circa Waves. So I’m guessing they’ll be in another announcement? Potentially pulled out but probs just in the next announcement 

Yeah I brought this up to but it got caught up in the announcement day hysteria that always happens. I doubt they've pulled out as they don't really have a reason to as they'll be touring a new album next year I believe so festivals are definitely are on the cards. Imagine they'll be on a later announcement and will be subbing R1 stage I reckon.

11 minutes ago, ConorC said:

99% sure Mike Skinner said at the end of his DJ set at Leeds this year that he'd be back with the band next year.

The 1% doubt comes from me being mashed but I'm confident that happened. So I'm expecting The Streets at this.

I think he meant he was “back with the The Streets” rather than “back, with The Streets”, as he was reported to have said that at other festivals too just as general patter.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Not very convinced by the first batch of names here. Pretty shocked, actually.

But I shouldn't be. When was the last time the R+L lineup was actually decent? 2009?

Foos is okay if you're into that kind of thing, but they're touring for 3 years now. Saw the Twenty One Pilots show at Firefly on YT and... it's not exactly for me. Looked like they didn't even play their instruments live.

BUT I guess this is an enjoyable batch of names if you're very, very young.

So, what you're saying is, the lineup isn't to your taste?

• Upvote 1

How does this look for a Main Stage prediction (I know there's a lot of slots missing)?

Fri: Foo Fightes // Bastille // ? // Sundara Karma // IDLES // The Amazons

Sat: The 1975 // TDCC // The Streets // Circa Waves // Pale Waves

Sun: Post Malone // ToP // Skepta

I've tried to base it off names that have been mentioned, but I realise The Streets 3rd down might be wishful thinking.

Edited by jamieaslee

2 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

How does this look for a Main Stage prediction (I know there's a lot of slots missing)?

Fri: Foo Fightes // Bastille // IDLES // Sundara Karma

Sat: The 1975 // TDCC // The Streets // Circa Waves // Pale Waves

Sun: Post Malone // ToP // Skepta

I've tried to base it off names that have been mentioned, but I realise The Streets 3rd down might be wishful thinking.

Not a chance IDLES are third down. More likely 5th/6th. But Sundara 4th makes sense, possibly a rap/hip-hop 3rd down on Foos day then put IDLES and Amazons before Sundara Karma?

Just now, NerdsNatterings said:

Not a chance IDLES are third down. More likely 5th/6th. But Sundara 4th makes sense, possibly a rap/hip-hop 3rd down on Foos day then put IDLES and Amazons before Sundara Karma?

Makes sense, wrong order looking at it actually and I wasn't sure who to put in before that - I'll edit it now

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Foos is okay if you're into that kind of thing, but they're touring for 3 years now.

Foos tour started June 2017 and ended in October 2018. Then a few dates in 2019 for Europe and fests. That's definitely 3 years... Their Concrete and Gold tour was a few months over a year so just under 2 years overall for these extra dates. 3 years is a bit of a push dude haha

10 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

The streets are on with annie Mac tonight, probably won’t mean anything but could be a good opportunity to announce them for reading

What time? Greg James said they'd talk about "full names" at 7pm, presume he means the rest of the acts and not just headliners, but chance they'll announce them too.

Edited by jamieaslee

Just now, 19liam75 said:

Anyone noticed that none of the headliners are listed as English/UK/European exclusives, I know they could be playing elsewhere but you'd imagine at least one of them maybe posty would be a UK exclusive

None of the acts are, maybe they just haven't specified who is. They could easily call someone an exclusive when they're hyping up individual acts

3 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

What time? Greg James said they'd talk about "full names" at 7pm, presume he means the rest of the acts and not just headliners, but chance they'll announce them too.

Not sure i just saw on Mike Skinners instagram theres a streets things on Annie Mac tonight, could coincide with the 7 o’clock announcement thats floating around 

6 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

Anyone noticed that none of the headliners are listed as English/UK/European exclusives, I know they could be playing elsewhere but you'd imagine at least one of them maybe posty would be a UK exclusive

Not sure it holds that much weight anymore but they tend to have one somewhere don't they. Maybe they just haven't specified yet because of fuck ups in recent years where acts have been announced as exclusive and performed elsewhere too.

But I shouldn't be. When was the last time the R+L lineup was actually decent? 2009?

Foos is okay if you're into that kind of thing, but they're touring for 3 years now. Saw the Twenty One Pilots show at Firefly on YT and... it's not exactly for me. Looked like they didn't even play their instruments live.

The festival is catered for very very young though mate. My big hope is that they don't clash Foos and Distillers which personally I don't think they'd agree to play unless main stage in the similar vain to ATDI

Edited by thewayiam

28 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Not sure it holds that much weight anymore but they tend to have one somewhere don't they. Maybe they just haven't specified yet because of fuck ups in recent years where acts have been announced as exclusive and performed elsewhere too.

Yeah exactly my thinking, maybe will specify at a later date. Not that it has much relevance anyway.

Part of 21P live show is preprogrammed music they've made, think the drummer controls when it comes in as he seems to have a laptop setup next to his drum kit. Tyler plays Piano really well and plays bass and Josh is an animal on the drums, plus they have to keep in time to the preprogramed tracks.

Lots of bands use tracking that the band members have to keep in time to, its nothing new, just very noticeable when theres only two members in the band.

I'm a fan of what they do, as are my full family, so that'll be 4 day tickets getting purchased on pay day.

The Post Malone booking is odd though considering he played the main stage last year.