2019 festival

2 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Foo Fighters is a strong booking given it's been seven years since they headlined, and that should generate solid enough sales - though they are starting to look a little creaky IMO.

Very pleased for The 1975, they are pretty much outright headline material and I'd had the concern that they could be made to co-headline.

As for 21P, I'm glad they've been made to co-headline because they're not ourtight bill toppers for me - but gotta admit, Post Malone as their partner there has thrown me.

Then again, he's probably the same size as Stormzy and Glasto have plumped for him. In that sense, happy for the fella.

It's probably most telling I only know a few of the acts down the bill though.

Post Malone is much bigger than Stormzy right now. He's not for me but for that fest it's a great booking.

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I'm really hoping it is the latter. Get The Streets subbing Foos, please. 

Foo FIghters / The Streets / The Distillers / IDLES / Sundara Karma 

No chance Distillers play 3rd down.

I love Foo's, like Bastille but feel like I've seen them too many times now. Hoping they're up against Foo's in the tent and they pull in a decent sub.

What are the odds of Parkway Drive, Enter Shikari and Catfish & the Bottlemen appearing? Can see them all on the main stage.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bastille aren’t ‘dad rock’ lmao imagine your dad liking Bastille.

I like Foos and dislike Bastille but they’re both bog standard radio rock bands and the same people having a moment to Pompeii will be having a moment to Times Like These.

Honestly im finding it hard to see how Bastille are a rock band - theyre a lot more similar to 21p than foos imo

Just now, C14S said:

Honestly im finding it hard to see how Bastille are a rock band - theyre a lot more similar to 21p than foos imo

That's not really the point, tho. Most teenagers at Reading who wanna see Bastille for some big pop-rock singalongs will wanna see Foos for the same reason. They'd probably get a pretty poor crowd headlining the R1 stage for this reason. Makes much more sense to have a dance/hip-hop act opposite them seeing as there'll be a lot of people at the festival into that stuff who won't wanna see a rock band like Foos.

Also in regards to people saying Bastille are a small sub, you don't really need a strong sub below Foo Fighters, do you?

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

That's not really the point, tho. Most teenagers at Reading who wanna see Bastille for some big pop-rock singalongs will wanna see Foos for the same reason. They'd probably get a pretty poor crowd headlining the R1 stage for this reason. Makes much more sense to have a dance/hip-hop act opposite them seeing as there'll be a lot of people at the festival into that stuff who won't wanna see a rock band like Foos.

Also in regards to people saying Bastille are a small sub, you don't really need a strong sub below Foo Fighters, do you?

Were Black Keys not considered strong in 2012?

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

God ur argument is so logical it’s pissing me off I really don’t wanna have to watch bastille lol

5 minutes ago, C14S said:

God ur argument is so logical it’s pissing me off I really don’t wanna have to watch bastille lol

You'll be able to get a decent spot without watching them tbh. If I wanna get a good spot for a headliner I just make sure I get there before the sub has finished. If you're there before Bastille finish it'll be easy to get pretty close in the changeover.

Like, for Radiohead at Glasto this year I watched their sub (The xx) but from right at the side of the crowd, where I could have easily got to if I'd turned up during their last song. As soon as they finished most of the front pit cleared out and we moved into somewhere near the front of it. And The xx and Radiohead will have as much crossover as Bastille and Foos.

Even loads of people who wanna see both will use the gap between them to go for a piss and get food/drinks.

Edit: And as someone who has seen Bastille twice supporting Muse, I'd definitely recommend not watching them :P

Edited by Gucci Piggy

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Average sub, probably, but doesn't change the fact that you don't need a strong sub for them. If they're struggling to get a decent sub in then under a band like Foos they probably won't mind having to settle for a slightly weaker one.

Makes sense. Who might we see sub The 1975 and Post Malone/ ToP then?