2019 festival

5 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

surely juice wrld is R1 headliner, 

something like: 

Juice World

Blossoms

???? (Hopefully bastille but probably not)

is juice world even big enough? Tbh I don’t know who he is 

I think he’s probably big enough ye. In a world where Post Malone is a main stage headliner, Juice Wrld is a second stage headliner.

Foo Fighters is a strong booking given it's been seven years since they headlined, and that should generate solid enough sales - though they are starting to look a little creaky IMO.

Very pleased for The 1975, they are pretty much outright headline material and I'd had the concern that they could be made to co-headline.

As for 21P, I'm glad they've been made to co-headline because they're not ourtight bill toppers for me - but gotta admit, Post Malone as their partner there has thrown me.

Then again, he's probably the same size as Stormzy and Glasto have plumped for him. In that sense, happy for the fella.

It's probably most telling I only know a few of the acts down the bill though.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I think he’s probably big enough ye. In a world where Post Malone is a main stage headliner, Juice Wrld is a second stage headliner.

Fair enough, maybe they are our R1 headliners then?

I know what you said about clashing bastille with the foo's. 

It seems to me that Blossoms, Juice Wrld were announced as the R1 headliners for their respective days so i guess there could be a chance Bastille were announced as that too. because surely blossoms aren't subbing  

Last time Twenty-One Pilots played:

Wiki: In 2016, Tyler Joseph of Twenty One Pilots was attacked and robbed as he attempted to crowd-surf in a half-empty Radio One Tent. Reacting unfavourably to his behaviour, the hostile audience threw him to the ground, ripped off various items of his clothing and stole his ski-mask. Joseph was eventually rescued by security guards, who carried him to an elevated platform where he announced that the band's set was over

3 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

Fair enough, maybe they are our R1 headliners then?

I know what you said about clashing bastille with the foo's. 

It seems to me that Blossoms, Juice Wrld were announced as the R1 headliners for their respective days so i guess there could be a chance Bastille were announced as that too. because surely blossoms aren't subbing  

Blossoms wouldn’t exactly be ‘subbing’ in the typical sense but they could be third down aye. Would make more sense opposite Post Malone and/or Twenty One Pilots though.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Blossoms wouldn’t exactly be ‘subbing’ in the typical sense but they could be third down aye. Would make more sense opposite Post Malone and/or Twenty One Pilots though.

yeah i know what you mean, but then they'd technically be playing the exact same slot they played in 2017. 

hopefully the next announcement in like January, or whenever they typically do it, should clears things up a bit about subs and R1 headliners 

Edited by dum surfer

13 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Last time Twenty-One Pilots played:

Wiki: In 2016, Tyler Joseph of Twenty One Pilots was attacked and robbed as he attempted to crowd-surf in a half-empty Radio One Tent. Reacting unfavourably to his behaviour, the hostile audience threw him to the ground, ripped off various items of his clothing and stole his ski-mask. Joseph was eventually rescued by security guards, who carried him to an elevated platform where he announced that the band's set was over

I was there 2016 and the tent was absolutely rammed, busiest I've probably ever seen it. I don't remember anything like this happening either. 

9 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

I was there 2016 and the tent was absolutely rammed, busiest I've probably ever seen it. I don't remember anything like this happening either. 

In m memory, and I posted about it before on this thread it was a mildly full tent. Rammed outside but a lot of space inside and he came to close to the crowd and - i thought - super fans had grabbed him and dragged him off stage. I know he cut the set short cause of it.

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Post Malone ay, feels a bit weak but I'm strangely alright with it. I'd go and see 3 out 4 of those whilst in previous years it's been 1 max.

That is the best booking for sales they've made.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

This has to be one of the most successful years in terms of predictions tho. 3/4 headliners is pretty good....

Tbh I think we pretty much knew at least 2, nearly all 3.

Foos and The Distillers the same day pretty much secured a day for me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Reckon Post will have new material out by August?

I'd hope Post would not rush another Album and he doesn't seem like the guy to do that. 

Can't see a full album being out, but he'll probably have two or three Nº1 hits collab with some other artists just so people don't forget about him as he plays the festival season next year.