2019 festival

6 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

The first 30 or so pages of this thread and the thread for last years predictions was full of old timers (who admitted they hadnt even been in 10 years) complaining that they used to get "great headline acts" like Metallica, Guns n Roses, Stone Roses, Blur, RATM, Manic Street Preachers and now they have people like Kendrick Lamar and Eminem making repeat HL slots, and an undercard that is heavy on rap, hip hop, grime and pop. Someone a few pages back was crying that George Ezra was suggested as a mid slot on the main stage as "the death of reading".

Heck, even the Wikipedia page for the festival says:

Stages

The festival typically has the following stages

• Main Stage – major rock, indie, metal and alternative acts.
  • NME/Radio 1 stage – less well-known acts, building up to an alternative headline act.
  • Dance tent – dance music acts, previously sharing a day with the Lock Up stage, now a stand-alone 3-day stage.
  • Lock Up Stage (Can be known as Pit Stage) – underground punk and hardcore acts.[23] Due to demand, from 2006 this stage took up two days rather than previous years where it was only one day.
  • Festival Republic stage (formerly known as the Carling stage) – acts with less popular appeal and breakthrough acts.
  • 1Xtra Stage – new stage for 2013 that stages Hip-Hop, RnB and Rap artists.

Not being funny but people complain about the festival every year regardless of who's performing, dunno why you're just singling out the 'older generation'. I mean look at how many young people write it off simply because Arctic Monkeys aren't there or because they haven't organised an Oasis reunion. You're making a huge deal over a very small percentage of people.

I honestly really think Drake would be a  superb booking. Unlike Foo Fighters, ticket demand FAR FAR FAR outweighs the supply. He hasn't done a UK tour since early 2017, wireless was unannounced and sold out in days anyway. By R&L it will have been nearly 2 and a half years since his last proper UK dates and the demand for him is more than ever. Getting Drake is an absolute steal for R&L without any question.

1 minute ago, dum surfer said:

I think if biffy were to come back they would headline outright like they did in 2013

Yeah don't think there's much chance you'll get them sharing the spot again as that was pretty bizarre in itself in 2016. Doubt they'll have  Foos and Biffy as 2 of the 3 headliners too.

2 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Is there still the argument that drake is too big for r and l these days and would be better off doing stadiums and what not?

two words: foo fighters

besides i don't think Drake really cares about making heaps of money from shows

NGL see Drake co-headlining with someone similar to Panic. Not a fan of either Drake or Kendrick (Eminem or Stormzy for me) but IMO Kendrick is WAY bigger than Drake so feel like they'll do a similar thing.

Honestly if they announce Foos I'm happy. Being 7 years and didn't see their full set last timej due to only been 12 at the time plus there one of my favorites

I think if Arctic Monkeys were to do it, they’d be a UK exclusive so that would really bring in the £££ for R+L.

also, The Cure? They’re doing a few gigs in summer and last played in 2012.

also, no mention of Ian brown? New solo album and cause Liam gallagher went down so well they might give Ian a go as they’re from the same crowd.

2 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

I think if Arctic Monkeys were to do it, they’d be a UK exclusive so that would really bring in the £££ for R+L.

also, no mention of Ian brown? New solo album and cause Liam gallagher went down so well they might give Ian a go as they’re from the same crowd.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ian Brown played actually, didn't he headline NME a while back?

Could see him subbing or 3rd down main?

5 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

Ian Brown is the only one that you’ve mentioned that is at all likely to play imo. Arctics aren’t playing - please don’t listen to twitter - and the cure are playing a few European festivals but quite a bit earlier (Rock Werchter, Mad Cool, Nos Alive are the three I think they’re at?)

Just now, C14S said:

Ian Brown is the only one that you’ve mentioned that is at all likely to play imo. Arctics aren’t playing - please don’t listen to twitter - and the cure are playing a few European festivals but quite a bit earlier (Rock Werchter, Mad Cool, Nos Alive are the three I think they’re at?)

My mistake, they’re also at Glasgow summer sessions August 16th - still don’t see them playing though 

2 minutes ago, C14S said:

Yeah the Friday of the festival they're doing a festival in France. Wouldn't rule them out but very slim chance. Not a huge fan personally so doesn't bother me.