2019 festival

3 hours ago, VCK said:

They did play it, they play it at every single show they do, probably an error on the part of the person who wrote that setlist.

IIRC they got half an hour extra at Reading that year than Leeds (three hours at Reading, two and a half at Leeds) which will explain the differences between the setlists.

Nah they were billed for 3 hours but finished half an hour early, so did 2.5 hours at both sites.

5 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I'd love NIN but I seem to remember @Gucci Piggy mentioning a while back that they didn't go down overly well last time they played. 30stm are a sub possibility I guess but can't see it considering there was nothing stopping them from being booked this year and we didn't get them.

Yeah they had a tiny crowd and a lot of them were just waiting for Biffy. No way they'll be booked again.

1 hour ago, robillustrates said:

Foo Fighters have always treated Reading like a big deal. Excellent in 2005 and 2012

I think they recognise that if they play Reading well, the people who go are the majority of the new ticket buyers to their shows in years to come.

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

1975, Drake and Foos would be HUGE. But is it too much to have a rap headliner at both reading and Glasto 

Glastonbury has sold out, and reading is way more appropriate for a rapper anyway. I think with Foos and Drake, basically the strongest of their genres Reading and Leeds could both sell out.

1975, Drake and Foo Fighters is possibly the strongest trio Reading could have this year for their current market. If it’s true that’s pretty impressive I imagine tickets will fly. It does the job of satisfying the crowd of last year and maybe bringing back the rawk fans that have started to lose faith