2019 festival

48 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

No learn to fly? Next.

They did play it, they play it at every single show they do, probably an error on the part of the person who wrote that setlist.

IIRC they got half an hour extra at Reading that year than Leeds (three hours at Reading, two and a half at Leeds) which will explain the differences between the setlists.

13 minutes ago, VCK said:

They did play it, they play it at every single show they do, probably an error on the part of the person who wrote that setlist.

IIRC they got half an hour extra at Reading that year than Leeds (three hours at Reading, two and a half at Leeds) which will explain the differences between the setlists.

Ahh fair enough. Never had the opportunity to see them as missed out on tickets for their tour and it's probably my favourite song by them so it'd be a shame if it got overlooked. 

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

No. festivalsaregood’s info got all three put on as rumours, Neil heard further info from his source on The 1975 and Foos and upgrades those two.

Ah fair enough, it was a while ago i looked so i must have misremembered it 

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep, I've had his name thrown at me with different levels of vagueness from two directions, as  - perhaps - the 3rd headliner.

Does it mean that 21P are out or could they sub/co-headline with The 1975? 

Edited by Newjem

3 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

could 21P subbing drake be a possibility then? or a drake/21P co-headline, if Kendrick co-headlined is there a reason drake wouldn't?

Guess I don't see why not. If Melvin reels off "they've got a headline status but they're not headlining" thing and that becomes a thing then they could probably go before anyone.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Guess I don't see why not. If Melvin reels off "they've got a headline status but they're not headlining" thing and that becomes a thing then they could probably go before anyone.

I mean I thought the only reason Panic coheadlined last year was because Kendrick's set is quite short? I guess I dunno how long Drakes sets are but both 1975 and Foos I expect could easily fill a decent length set

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I mean I thought the only reason Panic coheadlined last year was because Kendrick's set is quite short? I guess I dunno how long Drakes sets are but both 1975 and Foos I expect could easily fill a decent length set

Pretty sure the only thing we ever heard about why Panic headlined was because they got offered it when R+L was freaking out and trying to put on an alternate main stage.

The set length thing was something cooked up here, and - while it does make a bit of sense - it isn't something that normally happens with Kendrick's headline bookings so why would R+L be any different?

the issue is that I've seen a drake setlist and sometimes he plays like 30 songs, although I'm not sure if he plays the songs in full.

If it were to be a co-headline between Drake and 21P i could see Drake having the longer set time, i think in terms of the fest that'd be a pretty big co-head and sell a lot of tickets 

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Oh fuck right off Drake. can't stand him. I'd imagine he'd headline outright and we'd get 21 Pilots subbing or something.

haha, personally can't stand twenty one pilots or any of drakes last 2 albums, the only think i like of his is if your reading this its too late. but it'd be a pretty massive booking for the festival and a quadrilogy of something like The 1975 // Drake + Twenty One Pilots // Foo Fighters could be one of the strongest set of headliners of the 2010s 

but would much rather have someone like kanye headlining despite how problematic his been recently 

Edited by dum surfer

Just now, dum surfer said:

haha, personally can't stand twenty one pilots or any of drakes last 2 albums, the only think i like of his is if your reading this its too late. but it'd be a pretty massive booking for the festival and a quadrilogy of something like The 1975 // Drake + Twenty One Pilots // Foo Fighters could be one of the strongest set of headliners of the 2010s 

Yeah I hated TOP till this new album I must admit I do like, Drake hasn't done anything for me since Take Care and I honestly can't stand the guy aha. Yeah no question would be huge bookings.

1 minute ago, robillustrates said:

Foo Fighters have always treated Reading like a big deal. Excellent in 2005 and 2012.

I always thought Drake would headline outright.

1975 not ready to headline in my personal opinion but there you go.

21 pilots would be good.

30stm or NIN would be amazing too.

I'd love NIN but I seem to remember @Gucci Piggy mentioning a while back that they didn't go down overly well last time they played. 30stm are a sub possibility I guess but can't see it considering there was nothing stopping them from being booked this year and we didn't get them.

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

I'd love NIN but I seem to remember @Gucci Piggy mentioning a while back that they didn't go down overly well last time they played. 30stm are a sub possibility I guess but can't see it considering there was nothing stopping them from being booked this year and we didn't get them.

I was hoping 30STM as they're around Europe the similar time, i can only hope lol