2019 festival

18 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Lot of ppl saying Foos will be announced first, and quite rightly so tbh it is usually the big rock band.

If the 1975 are announced first, do we reckon AM will play as they'd save the biggest one for last then probably? 

No. Why wouldn't you just assume that they'll be announcing Foos last in that case?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Do you think Foals are a possibility, they are releasing a double album next year - do you think they would only return to headline outright?

Only way I think they would return if they were offered that I reckon, no point in them being a co-headliner again and doesn't really suggest they've progressed. I'd say they deserve the slot unless this next album completely flops as I still think they fit the festival and the attendees. They were who I was hoping most for but I've got a feeling they'll be elsewhere this summer.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

3 hours ago, gfa said:

time stamped

Man about to eat Umtiti.

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Do you think Foals are a possibility, they are releasing a double album next year - do you think they would only return to headline outright?

This sounds risky, but fun at least. For every My Number there should be about five mathy bangers.

Don't see them coming back so soon. Hopefully they have something else decent sorted out - Finsbury Park would be good - but I guess if they have nothing they could be thrown a bone like Biffy on the release of whatever the last album was.

Double album from Foals is interesting news, although considering they've struggled to put together a really great single album the last few times and with a lot of it all sounding the same I hope they've got good reason for it being a double album rather than just them writing a bunch more songs.

Won't be at R/L anyway, although I'm struggling to think where they will end up. APE maybe?

Edited by FloorFiller
keep saying ATP instead of APE

29 minutes ago, BeardGlasses said:

How strong is the BMTH at APE rumour? I can’t help but feel they’ll be at Leeds! If not surely 2020? It’s definitely their time to headline

I don't think anybody doubts that they are "ready" to headline. FR have been slowly pushing them up the chain over the years ala Fallout Boy.

In fact their rise to the top is very similar to FOB and PATD:

Fall Out Boy - 2006 Main stage 5th ... 2007 Main stage 4th ... 2009 Main stage 4th ... 2013 Main stage 3rd ... 2016 Main stage 2nd ... 2018 Main stage 1st

Panic at the Disco - 2006 Main stage 7th ... 2007 Main stage 4th ... 2011 Radio 1 4th ... 2015 Main stage 5th ... 2018 Main stage 2nd (leading to headline in 2020).

Bring me the Horizon - 2007 Main stage 9th ... 2009 FR stage 2nd ... 2011 Main stage 6th ... 2013 Main stage 5th ... 2015 Main stage 2nd (leading to a headline in 2021)

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I don't think anybody doubts that they are "ready" to headline. FR have been slowly pushing them up the chain over the years ala Fallout Boy.

I know I’m not saying people doubt them, especially since their sub in 2015. I think 2019 is the right time following their album and world tour. But I guess R&L always get headliners one year after every other festival in the world gets them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BeardGlasses said:

I know I’m not saying people doubt them, especially since their sub in 2015. I think 2019 is the right time following their album and world tour. But I guess R&L always get headliners one year after every other festival in the world gets them. 

It seems very much like BMTH have been considered but passed on by FR, rather than being missed out on for the first year of the tour.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TommyS said:

You may not like it, but a lot of people do. I think it’s very good and I’m sure a lot of people do 

1 hour ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I have to admit the new Mumford and Sons album (Delta) isn't bad its got a lot of good reviews 

Simulation Theory got a lot of good reviews and have you heard that album?

• Like 1