2019 festival

36 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Would LOVE Tame Impala to be there. How likely is this to happen?

I don't know if I'm being bias, but they're surely almost as big as ToP or The 1975, so would surely have to sub Foos? Which would be amazing.

Would rate Pusha T being there too, DAYTONA is v good; would make a change from Lil Pump last year.

Replying here rather than the game thread.

I think Reading has the best chance of Tame Impala. Definitely not headline sized though, and I don’t follow the logic of biggest sub before biggest headliner.

3 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I'm thinking Vampire Weekend will be there cause they have been announced Mad Cool a few days ago but I don't know im just abit bias cause I love them 

It's possible but I think they're more likely to be at APE/Citadel/Glasto, maybe even a sub at BST. I'm not expecting them to be at R&L anyway, I reckon they've got better options in the UK.

43 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It's possible but I think they're more likely to be at APE/Citadel/Glasto, maybe even a sub at BST. I'm not expecting them to be at R&L anyway, I reckon they've got better options in the UK.

Citadel is a very good shout. Perfect, even.

16 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Pusha T doesn't really scream 'R&L booking' to me. I know he's had something of a resurgence this year (a lot of that down to the Drake beef) but is he that big amongst the under 23s?

Disregarding some of the big bookings they could make in the genre (Rocky/Chance etc.) I was thinking more along the lines of Uzi/Juice WRLD/Cardi/Tyga/Trippie Redd/21 Savage/6ix 9ine as far as US hip hop goes, with Brockhampton likely to return too. I don't really care about a lot of these but that's the route I thought they seem to be heading down based on a lot of this year's bookings.

Willing to be proved wrong and they get Vince Staples/Pusha T/Azealia Banks/Joey Badass/.Paak/Denzel Curry etc.

Eh  the hip hop is pretty diverse at R+L. Most of the names you said won’t play have played Reading since ‘14. Couple of those names should make it but not all of them of course.

6ix9ine won’t be leaving the US surely lol. Also I actually think Brockhamilton will just do Glasto and Wireless and skip Reading.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Eh  the hip hop is pretty diverse at R+L. Most of the names you said won’t play have played Reading since ‘14. Couple of those names should make it but not all of them of course.

6ix9ine won’t be leaving the US surely lol. Also I actually think Brockhamilton will just do Glasto and Wireless and skip Reading.

Maybe you're right but I definitely thought they made an effort to shift the focus on the hip hop side with a lot of this year's bookings. Felt like they were going for the under-20s hip hop crowd for the first time.

I don't think R&L would've booked mumble rap acts like Lil Pump and Playboi Carti in R1 slots when I first went in 2015. I expect them to continue that trend with the hip hop bookings mostly.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah don't see why they'd be in any rush to come back to R&L when as you said they could do Wireless/Glasto/Lovebox/Parklife etc. instead.

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

Where would they place nowadays if they were to return. I don't think they'd get anymore than 3rd down/ NME headliner but I can't see them getting less than that either. Outside shot of a new NME headliner guess then?

Yeah, 3rd main/R1 headliner sounds about right. They'd probably do fine as a main stage sub too tbh, but I reckon they'll be 3rd main if they're at R&L next year.