2019 festival

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not surprising news, but an excellent source with an excellent history has just told me it's the foos and The 1975 to headline.

Because he's not telling me a 3rd i'm guessing that one isn't fully sorted yet.

My god I really hope Foos are legit. I would be over the moon!!!! Thanks for the updates :D 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, festivalsaregood said:

Are you saying that I'm not an excellent source? I'm offended.

your record is good enough for you to be one of the few people here whose posts I'm following. :)

But your record isn't perfect (as far as i remember), whereas the source who mailed me this morning does have a perfect record.

No offence meant. There's very practical reasons for why his record might be perfect and yours not - such as you hearing stuff earlier in the cycle, where it might later change.

Edited by eFestivals

Professor Green to be headlining R1 /NME stage with his new album out soon.

Still think 21P will be a hell of a weak headliner. They subbed NME in 2016, pulling in a medium crowd (albeit they were dragged off the stage by a passionate fanbase).

They were booked for that sub of the NME stage on the back of approx 9m album sales the year before (6x Platinum, 3x Gold). They also had 5 hit singles out at that point that had collectively 45x Platinum and 4x gold. 

Whats changed since that last booking in which they only had that huge success and a sub of NME stage?

They released a sub par album thats only sold 380k copies across the world (inc streams on the instantaneous platform spotify) and 4 singles from said album which garnered average reviews at best. 

Why the hell are they put forwards as headliners???!

Sub to Foo Fighters at best. It will be something like Imagine Dragons, Paramore, Florence, Arcade Fire, Blink 182 etc as the final act.

Even Post Malone has more success to headline (and I think he is a contender in all honesty). 

R1 Headliner seems a stretch surely? Has he even played the festival before?

Having been in the tent at Reading for them in 2016 I can tell you now it was not a medium crowd. The entire place was rammed.

They'll be better off subbing 1975 if they're playing. The comparatively poor performance of this album hasn't added any strength to whatever headline value they had. Foos will either have a rapper sub or another rock band, can see it being Two Door if they're apparently about.

Honestly if 21P isn’t a done deal then they could probably shop around for better at this point - the album doesn’t seem to be living up to its predecessor. But at the same time, The 1975 and Foos are big headliners and if there is any festival that’s perfect for 21P then it’s this one so it ain’t so big a deal.

Post Malone as headliner in the very near future?

1) Been huge for 4 years now.

2) 2x number 1 albums.

3) Between the 2 albums they are 22x Platinum, 3x Gold across all territories.

4) 12 hit singles that are well known to pretty much everybody.

5) Those 12 singles have between them gone 124x Platinum, 8x Gold across all territories.

6) Combines modern hip hop with soulful rock undertones.

7) Brought the biggest crowd for the whole festival this year and is the biggest name other than Drake in that R&L target demographic age range.

3 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

The 1975 // Twenty One Pilots //. Vampire Weekend 

Kanye West // Tame Impala // Giggs

Foo Fighters // The Streets // Primal Scream

If they have Foos there is no way they can afford Kanye.

Can see a co for the 3rd day between a huge modern hip hop star that is relatively new like Post Malone (see above post), and some old school legacy headliner like Mumford and Sons.

21 pilots will sub Foos, and Giggs wouldn't be so close to a rap headliner as they need diversity and people to want to do all weekend tickets to see there fave genre spread out.

The 1975 // Post Malone // Tame Impala

Foo Fighters // 21 Pilots // Chance the Rapper

Mumford and Sons + Imagine Dragons //Jamie T // The Streets

very weak sunday in my view though

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Post Malone has not been huge for four years :lol: 

Correct tbf, his album Stoney came out 4 years back though and that has the record for most weaks in the r&b chart, beating Michael Jackson

edit: I was wrong. His album Stoney came out in Dec 16 but his singles were brought out in early 2015 for it. Stoney has never left the chart since it came out breaking all records.

Edited by Chad888

32 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

If they have Foos there is no way they can afford Kanye.

Can see a co for the 3rd day between a huge modern hip hop star that is relatively new like Post Malone (see above post), and some old school legacy headliner like Mumford and Sons.

21 pilots will sub Foos, and Giggs wouldn't be so close to a rap headliner as they need diversity and people to want to do all weekend tickets to see there fave genre spread out.

very weak sunday in my view though

Stop with this nonsense.

And Post Malone won't come back this year. Sub next time in a year or two probably.

Edited by Jericode

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

I personally don't think Post will be back would swap him round for Tyler The Creator or A$ap Rocky or Lil wayne to just name a few I think foos will really go on the sunday and be closing the festival.  as you did say Kanye is way to expensive what about Childish Gambino co-headlining with Imagine Dragons. And Jamie T wont be that high up anymore 

The 1975 // Lil Wayne // Tame Impala 

Childish Gambino / Imagine Dragons // The Streets // Portugal The.Man 

Edited by bigcharlie65

7 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

As much as I'm not fussed about Imagine Dragons, they are a lot more likely to be at R&L compared to Lil Wayne. Let's be honest. 

Unfortunately you’re right, although I would much rather see Lil Wayne headline outright than see Imagine Dragons ever be announced, but that’s just me.