2019 festival

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Two Door Cinema Club announced at Deichbrand, also in Germany. 30STM and Biffy also announced but I don't think either of those are likely, whereas TDCC returning is just about as good as confirming them for R+L.

Is there any news of a new TDCC record at this point? Would be weird for them to come back without new stuff (especially if they are getting bumped up to sub which I imagine would be).

I still reckon 30STM are possible too, can't see them doing any other UK fests instead so if they are around I don't see why they couldn't play (though just looked up Diechbrand and I see it's late July, so a good chance they won't even be around in Europe by R&L rolls around).

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Is there any news of a new TDCC record at this point? Would be weird for them to come back without new stuff (especially if they are getting bumped up to sub which I imagine would be).

I still reckon 30STM are possible too, can't see them doing any other UK fests instead so if they are around I don't see why they couldn't play (though just looked up Diechbrand and I see it's late July, so a good chance they won't even be around in Europe by R&L rolls around).

They’ll definitely have new stuff.

30 Seconds to Mars didn’t get on the lineup this year when they were completely around the festival and FR were scrambling around for names so why would they get them a year later?

41 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

said above^^^ started in September

also just got emailed this

image.png.fb52965bae22345ee2693abe1c18f8d0.png

4 hours ago, Chad888 said:

What would people think to:

Biffy Clyro + The 1975 // Tame Impala // Tyler the Creator

Kanye West // 21 Pilots // Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Mumford and Sons + Bring Me The Horizon // 30 Seconds to Mars // Chvrches

It has Biffy on their 10 year anniversary since Only Revs, 1975 leading the sub-heading for their step up.

Kanye West as the biggest name they can get with 21 Pilots in the highest slot they should achieve at this stage of their careers without insulting them by giving them Kanye

Mumford and Sons who will be bringing out a new album very soon and their songs are already getting a lot of air time, will bring in the older fans. BMTH will be fulfilling the prophecy that secret sets headline. Plus they have been tapped up for years now leading to a headline set.

I will go with the headliners 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They’ll definitely have new stuff.

30 Seconds to Mars didn’t get on the lineup this year when they were completely around the festival and FR were scrambling around for names so why would they get them a year later?

They were struggling for names, but in terms of subs (which is where I imagine 30STM would slot in) I think were all pretty decent last year. May have just been an issue with them not having a spare slot for them given the other acts they had already booked. I don't think they are particularlly likely, but I don't see how that rules them out completely...

But agreed, if Two Door have new stuff out and are free they seem like a lock for sub. Just gotta hope it's better than Gameshow (I loved the first couple of tracks but nothing else really stuck with me)

5 hours ago, Chad888 said:

That Friday Would be insane love it

Saturday is a sick day too I think Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes is to high they would suit 4th down or subbing radio 1 I would swap them for The Streets  At 3rd down which I think will make that Saturday pretty good

Sunday I personally think Bring me The Horizon and 30 Seconds to Mars will not be much of a money maker especially alongside Mumford and as much as I hate to say it but Imagine Dragons sadly but they are what FR want a youthful headliner platinum albums, no1 singles it's a money maker for FR i'm so ready for all those downvotes hahahaha and I think Vampire Weekend will suit subbing if there new album is ever released so yeah

Biffy Clyro + The 1975 // Tame Impala // Tyler The Creator

Kanye West ( Ye ) // 21 Pilots // The Streets

Mumford and Sons + Imagine Dragons // Vampire Weekend // Chvrches

sorry lads had to make a realistic prediction love to see 30STM and BMTH but just can't see it  happening 

Edited by bigcharlie65
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

That Friday Would be insane love it

Saturday is a sick day too I think Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes is to high they would suit 4th down or subbing radio 1 I would swap them for The Streets  At 3rd down which I think will make that Saturday pretty good

Sunday I personally think Bring me The Horizon and 30 Seconds to Mars will not be much of a money maker especially alongside Mumford and as much as I hate to say it but Imagine Dragons sadly but they are what FR want a youthful headliner platinum albums, no1 singles it's a money maker for FR i'm so ready for all those downvotes hahahaha and I think Vampire Weekend will suit subbing if there new album is ever released so yeah

Biffy Clyro + The 1975 // Tame Impala // Tyler The Creator

Kanye West ( Ye ) // 21 Pilots // The Streets

Mumford and Sons + Imagine Dragons // Vampire Weekend // Chvrches

sorry lads had to make a realistic prediction love to see 30STM and BMTH but just can't see it  happening 

did you forget to add the realistic prediction?

At the moment, would say this lineup is feasible:

Friday:

Twenty One Pilots/Two Door Cinema Club/ASAP Rocky/The Hunna

NME: CHVRCHES

Saturday: 

Foo Fighters/Catfish and the Bottlemen/Tyler, the Creator/Neck Deep

NME: Halsey

Sunday:

The 1975/Stormzy/Wolf Alice/Brockhampton

NME: Good Charlotte 

Edited by R Shah

23 minutes ago, R Shah said:

At the moment, would say this lineup is feasible:

Friday:

Twenty One Pilots/Two Door Cinema Club/ASAP Rocky/The Hunna

NME: CHVRCHES

Saturday: 

Foo Fighters/Catfish and the Bottlemen/Tyler, the Creator/Neck Deep

NME: Halsey

Sunday:

The 1975/Stormzy/Wolf Alice/Brockhampton

NME: Good Charlotte 

Friday looks fine

Saturday I'm pretty sure Tyler's ban ain't up yet. Also I belive Neck Deep said they were done touring this album other than the don broco tour. I doubt Halsey would be back so soon too, not completely impossible I guess.

Stormzy I doubt would be back without another album, and at that point he could probably coheadline. Wolf Alice are done touring for this album. Brockhampton seem a slot too high imo. Good Charlotte only headlined the Pit last year, can't see them being big enough to then headline the R1 (i expect them for 5th down main personally)

On 11/2/2018 at 2:24 PM, Chad888 said:

What would people think to:

It has Biffy on their 10 year anniversary since Only Revs, 1975 leading the sub-heading for their step up.

Kanye West as the biggest name they can get with 21 Pilots in the highest slot they should achieve at this stage of their careers without insulting them by giving them Kanye

Mumford and Sons who will be bringing out a new album very soon and their songs are already getting a lot of air time, will bring in the older fans. BMTH will be fulfilling the prophecy that secret sets headline. Plus they have been tapped up for years now leading to a headline set.

Shit, that album's already nearly a decade old?

Don't think Biffy will happen though, would be their third time headlining in six years.

Edited by VCK

12 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Were way bigger in 2017 than IDLES are now surely

Yep definitely. Like, we're expecting Idles to be overbilled (lack of a better word) into 5th/6th based on current hype around them; we were expecting Blossoms to be around the same slot without really factoring in any hype and then they were put up to 3rd.

Mid-main would be fine for Idles as it gives them somewhere to go on the next album - R1 headline would be a step up from there, or similarly from high R1 next year to 3rd main. The problem with bumping them up too high on their breakthrough album is that they really have to deliver on the next album to stop from plateauing like The Vaccines did and Blossoms inevitably are doing.

On 11/2/2018 at 5:58 PM, Jericode said:

Doubt 30STM will come back, personally.

I reckon we'll have the first announcement 4 weeks today then if that's what they're hinting. Last day of the month will be payday for a lot of people so prime time to drop it if they're doing it before Christmas.

1975's album is out 30th November as well so I reckon you're spot on. And if BMTH are coheadlining, their tour finishes on the same date too.

I'm confused. I thought this batshit Bring Me the Horizon/The 1975 coheadline idea was based on BMTH's album coming out the day The 1975 tour finishes, not vice versa?

Anyway, the first headline act announced will surely be Foo Fighters, or if you don't think them then whoever else doesn't have other conflicting dates or album releases to think about. There's usually one of those and they're quite often announced first.