2019 festival

31 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Can take Creeper out of your predictions: at Koko tonight "this is the end of our album cycle, and our last ever performance as a band".

Honestly not that surprised, last time I saw them play they seemed a bit disinterested and were a bit of a bore compared to the other five times I saw them play.  But pretty good run for a band that were only supposed to ever play one show.  

Rock In Rio has pretty solid lineups, the problem is that there's a whole week of festival, so some days are filled with bullshit attractions. But i went to 2015 edition in two days and saw: Metallica-Mötley Crüe-Royal Blood-Gojira-Korn on the first day and System Of A Down-Queens Of The Stone Age-Hollywood Vampires-Deftones-Lamb Of God-Halestorm on another. And the prices are very low

9 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Can take Creeper out of your predictions: at Koko tonight "this is the end of our album cycle, and our last ever performance as a band".

Think it's just the end of that era of the band, like when they went 'missing' after Leeds fest a few years back.
They'll be back, they love to create drama to build hype. 

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

Do you reckon BFMV could play? Considering they subbed Download this year I’d assume they’d want too high a slot, possibly the same for Offspring.

They’re also playing that festival I think.

Maybe. I didn't mention them because I imagine they're closer to Reading and Leeds when they're not playing festivals in Germany. :P They played 4th down back when they were already a sub at Download but I don't know what the point in even booking them back 4th down would be. They were bigger then, and wouldn't accept lower now.

I imagine that is probably the case for The Offspring, as they play August (mainly German) festivals every other year and haven't returned to R+L since 2011. Headlining Lock Up would be a pretty great move from the festival and they're not actually much bigger than that nowadays, but it doesn't seem forthcoming.

Bullet haven't played since 2012, they're probably focusing on Download. Absolute best I reckon they could hope for would be Radio 1 stage headliner against something like Twenty One Pilots on whatever day the Lock-Up is it doesn't split the crowd on The Pit. Even then, they wouldn't get that slot with the shifting demographic so doubt they'd be booked unless they were the token 4th/5th on main heavy band, which they probably won't take since they won't see it as a move upward.

Basically, I doubt they'll play.

More importantly, get Offspring on the Lock-Up.

Side question; is there a reason it's split as two days of Pit and one day of Lock-Up? Figured getting the pop-punk crowd in for two days would sell better.

EDIT: TDCC are probably looking at sub if they come back, right? Has there been any suggestion they've got new music coming?

Edited by Jericode

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

TDCC are probably looking at sub if they come back, right? Has there been any suggestion they've got new music coming?

They started recording in September or something like that, they never really did leave though they did plenty of festivals this summer as well but they could make a return for 2019.

What would people think to:

Biffy Clyro + The 1975 // Tame Impala // Tyler the Creator

Kanye West // 21 Pilots // Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Mumford and Sons + Bring Me The Horizon // 30 Seconds to Mars // Chvrches

It has Biffy on their 10 year anniversary since Only Revs, 1975 leading the sub-heading for their step up.

Kanye West as the biggest name they can get with 21 Pilots in the highest slot they should achieve at this stage of their careers without insulting them by giving them Kanye

Mumford and Sons who will be bringing out a new album very soon and their songs are already getting a lot of air time, will bring in the older fans. BMTH will be fulfilling the prophecy that secret sets headline. Plus they have been tapped up for years now leading to a headline set.

Edited by Chad888

Co-headlining needs binning off.

The 1975 should headline outright, Biffy deserve better than co-headline status and lumping them with FOB in 2016 was a terrible decision. Would have made far more sense for it to have been Biffy outright and FOB subbing (as it played out) and it would have made FOB coming back to headline so soon look less bizarre.

BMTH aren't headlining if they can't sell out an arena of 8k. By all accounts they're doing their own thing or APE anyway.

On 10/30/2018 at 2:21 PM, M15B said:

I don’t know why but I don’t see Arctic monkeys playing for a few Loren years yet either. Just wondering what people think about the Strokes possibly headlining in 2019. The Voidz fall tour is over in November and last year Julian said that 2019 was around the time they did be looking at a new strokes album. Perhaps a headline spot is due?

Storkes yes

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

What would people think to:

Biffy Clyro + The 1975 // Tame Impala // Tyler the Creator

Kanye West // 21 Pilots // Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Mumford and Sons + Bring Me The Horizon // 30 Seconds to Mars // Chvrches

It has Biffy on their 10 year anniversary since Only Revs, 1975 leading the sub-heading for their step up.

Kanye West as the biggest name they can get with 21 Pilots in the highest slot they should achieve at this stage of their careers without insulting them by giving them Kanye

Mumford and Sons who will be bringing out a new album very soon and their songs are already getting a lot of air time, will bring in the older fans. BMTH will be fulfilling the prophecy that secret sets headline. Plus they have been tapped up for years now leading to a headline set.

Can't see 1975 not headlining outright, and 21 pilots probably would at least be coheadlining. Frank Carter deserves a huge slot but 3rd might be a bit too far before he gets his next album out.