2019 festival

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

And even though The Kooks are a pretty poor fit for the description, Community is meant to be about new music, isn't it? Stereophonics wouldn't make any sense.

Foals, Courteeners, Wombats (they'll probably have to start recycling acts next year) should be the front runners for 2020. Unless like wolf Alice blow up or something Hopefully they won't go for people like Bastille/george Ezra anytime soon. Still seems very much an indie festival. 

6 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Foals, Courteeners, Wombats (they'll probably have to start recycling acts next year) should be the front runners for 2020. Unless like wolf Alice blow up or something

So you saw the lineup come out today and you still think Foals would be possible next year and Wolf Alice aren't likely to be big enough? Accept the god damn thing for what it is lol

1 hour ago, VCK said:

I was thinking of Chvrches as a possible sub, but I see their upcoming tour is mostly academies apart from Alexandra Palace. Usually subs have to be arena sized, but would this be realistic either way?

Courteeners did arenas in the north and academies in the south

1 hour ago, VCK said:

I was thinking of Chvrches as a possible sub, but I see their upcoming tour is mostly academies apart from Alexandra Palace. Usually subs have to be arena sized, but would this be realistic either way?

I reckon they'll be a thirder or R1 head considering they were third down at Parklife.

1 hour ago, VCK said:

Nah. This new album didn't really do anything for them, and they didn't even sub at Parklife this year. Probably a decent shout for R1 headliner or third/fourth down Main but subbing would surely be beyond them.

edit: this c**t

Edited by dentalplan

I don’t know why but I don’t see Arctic monkeys playing for a few Loren years yet either. Just wondering what people think about the Strokes possibly headlining in 2019. The Voidz fall tour is over in November and last year Julian said that 2019 was around the time they did be looking at a new strokes album. Perhaps a headline spot is due?

5 minutes ago, Garlic Dead said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but The Cure's announced dates cut off right before Reading and Leeds weekend and they still have many more to announce. As much as I'd love them to be there I just can't see it after the last few years.

Yeah they're heavily rumoured for Glasto which would rule them out, and even if they weren't there's little to no chance they'd be booked for R&L nowadays.