2019 festival

33 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Foo's

T1P/BMTH

Drake

That's my current guess - I feel 1975 will be at Glasto and headline R&L in 2020.

21 pilots had  THE hit that everybody knows them for a huge album release and a move soundtrack credit and only got 2nd down the Radio 1/NME stage. I mean Stressed Out as a single had gone 22x platinum and there album gone 7x platinum across the world by the time they were booked for that festival. 

If FR had booked them already as alluded to before, they would have made the booking with 21P not doing anything else since the last booking which was only subbing the NME stage. And if they are chasing them up now, they are going for a band that has some very average sales on a new album which is rating around 3/5* by pundits.

To me that doesn't make them a absolute hit that needs to be catapulted straight to headlining one of the UKs biggest festivals. Even last years "weak headlines" were a band that headlined twice in the last 15 years, a band that has played the festival 6 times in 12 years working there way up the ladder of main stage that has been making hits for 20 years now. And an absolute superstar hip hop legend already after only 5 years in the business.

21 Pilots are in no state headline material, 1 hit song from 4 years earlier, a popular album from 4 years earlier, a  new album that gets middle of the road reviews and a collection of about 30 songs to make a captivating headline act for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You lost me and absolutely everyone else reading your post at Biffy seem to be bigger than Foo Fighters in the UK :lol: 

It was a tongue in cheek comment tbh. Foos are by far the biggest most legendary stadium rock band around in the last 20 years. However, for 10 years now Foos have barely made waves in the UK, the albums and singles achieving a percentage of the success previous ones had. Biffy Clyro hit it big at that point and have released many well known, widely enjoyed hits in that time. Biffy definitely hits for the fanboys that go for bands like Kasabian, Kings of Leon etc.

3 hours ago, Dukey said:

Foo's

T1P/BMTH

Drake

That's my current guess - I feel 1975 will be at Glasto and headline R&L in 2020.

I think 1975 could still be at both. TBH there was no chance Download were going to have BMTH headline and I doubt that'll happen at all now. Right now if they are offered co-headlining at Reading they should snap it up.

QOTSA had a whole Oceania tour booked over R&L but sure they were booked for it and then decided to pull out do their own show.

Not to mention they were doing festivals all over the world. Why would they randomly pull out of the UK one they were doing to put on their own gig?

This Chat guy is baffling, surely he's taking the piss by now.

12 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Catfish and the foals

The ultimate supergroup.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

This Chat guy is baffling, surely he's taking the piss by now.

He's definitely just a troll account.

So Community Fest tickets are out this Friday meaning the lineup is surely this week. Few talking points from this .

1) Earlier announcement - Last year community was December and download November, and they're both earlier this year. Reckon we may not have to wait too long for a reading announcement.

2) Announcement style - DL returned to their 2017 style of announcement, perhaps reading will do the same.

3) BMTH - rumours have been circulating of a headline outdoor gig instead of reading. As Community is on the Sunday, it looks likely FR will repeat the LG/QOTSA type thing on the Friday and Saturday, so I guess BMTH could very much do their own Finsbury show instead of reading. They'd need to be careful they book acts who most of the Glasto crowd wouldnt want to see though; so BMTH would be a good option with a strong undercard. Perhaps courteeners too? Their tour sold out instantly.

4) Reckon whoever headlines community will be ruled out for reading. My money's on foals. If they do go a bit bigger and book the 1975, that'll be interesting. Royal Blood just don't fit. Equally, courteeners could do community instead of their own show.

Edited by R Shah

38 minutes ago, R Shah said:

So Community Fest tickets are out this Friday meaning the lineup is surely this week. Few talking points from this .

1) Earlier announcement - Last year community was December and download November, and they're both earlier this year. Reckon we may not have to wait too long for a reading announcement.

2) Announcement style - DL returned to their 2017 style of announcement, perhaps reading will do the same.

3) BMTH - rumours have been circulating of a headline outdoor gig instead of reading. As Community is on the Sunday, it looks likely FR will repeat the LG/QOTSA type thing on the Friday and Saturday, so I guess BMTH could very much do their own Finsbury show instead of reading. They'd need to be careful they book acts who most of the Glasto crowd wouldnt want to see though; so BMTH would be a good option with a strong undercard. Perhaps courteeners too? Their tour sold out instantly.

4) Reckon whoever headlines community will be ruled out for reading. My money's on foals. If they do go a bit bigger and book the 1975, that'll be interesting. Royal Blood just don't fit. Equally, courteeners could do community instead of their own show.

Courteeners have got a new ablum out next year

41 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Imagine they would be too big for Community at this point. Neil heard that they were doing APE too (which would be a weird fit but I guess they could fill thw Catfish slot of the more casual focused presents day).

My money is on Bastille for Community, but there is a seperate thread for that chat anyway

34 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Imagine they would be too big for Community at this point. Neil heard that they were doing APE too (which would be a weird fit but I guess they could fill thw Catfish slot of the more casual focused presents day).

My money is on Bastille for Community, but there is a seperate thread for that chat anyway

I think Bastille could do reading

Haven't been on here for ages but does the rock am announcement make anyone more or less likely? I thought that with it being early summer it would make acts less likely but with the likes of the 1975, foals, architects etc being on there who have been heavily suggested for 2019 is it more likely to not have any bearing on R+L?

3 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Haven't been on here for ages but does the rock am announcement make anyone more or less likely? I thought that with it being early summer it would make acts less likely but with the likes of the 1975, foals, architects etc being on there who have been heavily suggested for 2019 is it more likely to not have any bearing on R+L?

If the bands are based in Britain like all those are it shouldn't make a difference.

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

If the bands are based in Britain like all those are it shouldn't make a difference.

Ahh that's okay then, was hoping for at least one of Foals or the 1975 and thought it might've hinted at them doing American fests late summer. Any update on rumours or has it all pretty much stayed the same predictions like BMTH, The 1975, TOP etc.

14 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Ahh that's okay then, was hoping for at least one of Foals or the 1975 and thought it might've hinted at them doing American fests late summer. Any update on rumours or has it all pretty much stayed the same predictions like BMTH, The 1975, TOP etc.

A guy who's had good info in the past has heard it's TOP, The 1975 and Foos which seems pretty feasible.

12 hours ago, devilman said:

After the crowd they got last time I doubt they'll go back to Leeds.

If they have the rap/hip hop (i.e. non rock) style headliner architects could play a similar slot to what korn did under Eminem, though you're right about the crowd issue potentially. Booking similar acts like BMTH would probably be necessary, for the sake of both of them.

Also based on the supports for the Finsbury Park shows last year (iggy pop and wolf alice) I feel like you me at six would be better sized to sub BMTH rather than architects; doubt YMA6 will be back at reading having played 2014 2016 and 2017. Would probs be a downgrade as they only played 3rd main at community 2018.