2019 festival

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I could see them doing a QOTSA and following their secret set up with a Finsbury show.

With Architects subbing and a strong undercard, this would be a brilliant gig to go to. QOTSA announced theirs immediately after a November UK tour, like BMTH have for this year.

9 hours ago, devilman said:

Still BMTH tickets for standing in Hydro and all seating areas that are open. If they are headlining anything it'll flop.

I’m a huge BMTH fan, and I know many others. Non of us have bought a ticket to the November tour, because the new album isn’t out. I suspect the reason it hasn’t sold well is because people are probably waiting for their Amo tour, especially if they’re skint like me haha. I don’t think it’d be a major flop, their 2015 set was mental, though they were subbing Metallica which could be why.

39 minutes ago, TommyS said:

Could Blink 182 do this? Travis & Mark are teasing a reunion 

Would probably fuckin happen as well. Reunion with the same lineup they had in 2010 and 2014.

If this is for real then it’s timed well for Download, which must have a headline announcement just around the corner.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Yeah we had the same last year and my hopes were up haha! Hopefully it turns out good this time! Would love to see foos back on the Reading and Leeds main stage

Foos are predicted every year. Never happens. 

Some possible performers though:

- Khalid has a new album today (very meh) but he is active and made most of the biggest hits in 2017-18. I can see him being one of those that perform but to a flop turn out.

- Chainsmokers will be in the tent, or mainstage predicted.

- Somebody 'poppy' like Dua Lipa i.e. George Ezra, The Weeknd, Anne-Marie.

- LSD seem like they will be booked everywhere (the new combo of labrinth, sia and diplo).

- If brockhampton can capitulise on the limelight and get something good out they will be projected up to 3rd/4th down

- A sub from a meh hip hop artist that hasnt actually got great hits but is a brand name for no reason other than radio obsession (Asap rocky, Chance the rapper).

- 2 more months of speculation and leaked posters and line ups and we end up with Kanye West, Imagine Dragons/21P, Biffy Clyro/Mumford and Sons as the 5 HLs 2 day subs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

5 hours ago, Chad888 said:

- Khalid has a new album today (very meh) but he is active and made most of the biggest hits in 2017-18. I can see him being one of those that perform but to a flop turn out.

- LSD seem like they will be booked everywhere (the new combo of labrinth, sia and diplo).

- If brockhampton can capitulise on the limelight and get something good out they will be projected up to 3rd/4th down

- A sub from a meh hip hop artist that hasnt actually got great hits but is a brand name for no reason other than radio obsession (Asap rocky, Chance the rapper).

- 2 more months of speculation and leaked posters and line ups and we end up with Kanye West, Imagine Dragons/21P, Biffy Clyro/Mumford and Sons as the 5 HLs 2 day subs.

I think George Ezra is very possible for a 3/4 spot, maybe subbing a double headline, he's appealing to lots of fans (well indie and pop)

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think George Ezra is very possible for a 3/4 spot, maybe subbing a double headline, he's appealing to lots of fans (well indie and pop)

Sold out an arena tour in minutes, surely looking at just subbing? I guess he's a bit more mainstream but he would draw a fair few people just for him. Possibly just not the right fit for Reading, he would probably do better headlining a slightly smaller festival. Rize maybe?

5 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I can't see Mumford and sons co headlineing reading and Leeds next year.

22 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Sold out an arena tour in minutes, surely looking at just subbing? I guess he's a bit more mainstream but he would draw a fair few people just for him. Possibly just not the right fit for Reading, he would probably do better headlining a slightly smaller festival. Rize maybe?

He did truck this year which is pretty near Rize, so probably not - maybe Y Not or something perhaps even Community?

5 hours ago, jj200 said:

Main stage 1

Royal blood

Foo fighters

Florence and the machine

Main stage 2

Twenty one pilots

Drake

The 1975

Any reason you are going back to the whole 2 stage rumour which never happened anyway? 

edit - Although I do like the headliners. Mostly RB, FF and The 1975. 

Edited by The All Round Ball :|

7 minutes ago, R Shah said:

BMTH pushed their album release day back to 25th Jan, the same day as the 1975 finish their UK tour. 

I mean, it's a very long shot, but an announcement the following week including them both? 

I wondered why Oli said “January” instead of January 11th when asked on the Rock Show. Speaking of that, the new song is stronger than MANTRA in my opinion. Will be interesting to see how the album pans out considering he wanted to “break into the mainstream”. So far it’s definitly not pop hahaha

10 hours ago, R Shah said:

BMTH pushed their album release day back to 25th Jan, the same day as the 1975 finish their UK tour. 

I mean, it's a very long shot, but an announcement the following week including them both? 

Could they coheadline? If so then this would be a fairly strong day imo