2019 festival

7 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I've been reading these forums for months but only just got an account. Are we thinking the 1975/TOP/Foos headline trio is likely to happen? Who else would you say is pretty much nailed on?

Yeah, we've had info that should be good saying it's those three at the moment. People are free to disregard it and all but it's two-thirds what we are expecting even without info.

The festival is having an identity crisis at the moment and it's probably harder to predict than ever, so I don't think any smaller acts are nailed on.

edit: actually Frank Carter is gonna be there every year so him.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Frank Carter needs to be on the main stage next time. With a new album I think he could easily play fourth down seeing how he’s sold out Brixton before and is getting bigger with every album and tour.

Props to him because he is a geezer. 

One of the best live acts I've seen. Would be amazing to see him get a big slot like he deserves, his next album could potentially push him up to arenas if its a hit. Hearing I Hate You sung by thousands of people would be immense

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

One of the best live acts I've seen. Would be amazing to see him get a big slot like he deserves, his next album could potentially push him up to arenas if its a hit. Hearing I Hate You sung by thousands of people would be immense

100% the best frontman I’ve ever seen live. He is incredible to watch. 

I think it is mad that Frank & The Snakes went from not even having formed yet in early 2015 to selling our Brixton in December 2017. Considering he left Gallows under a massive dark cloud and that Pure Love was such a massive flop, I don’t think anyone saw a rise like that coming. 

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

100% the best frontman I’ve ever seen live. He is incredible to watch. 

I think it is mad that Frank & The Snakes went from not even having formed yet in early 2015 to selling our Brixton in December 2017. Considering he left Gallows under a massive dark cloud and that Pure Love was such a massive flop, I don’t think anyone saw a rise like that coming. 

Was at the Foos gig he supported and he made thousands of new fans that day. Unbelievable seeing him perform in stadiums when just a year and a bit before he was playing Koko.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf the 126th most streamed artist in the world is probably the 2nd most streamed band in the world.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/best-top-rock-bands-world-spotify-2017-2110726

Top 20 Rock Acts Globally on Spotify:

1. Coldplay
2. Twenty One Pilots

This is what i was taking it from, my apologies didn't put it fully

12 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Its cheap and has a better vibe than Oceana imo (assuming you like cheese).

In saying that I may just think that cause most of southampton clubs are kinda awful...

Where I live, Oceana is where you go to get stabbed. In fact i think it closed down because of all the stabbings there, as did Gatecrasher which ended up becoming a Prysm and somebody got stabbed there. Popworld is where all the 18 year olds who love cheese or 35 year olds who like to imagine they are young again go to listen to S Club and Steps all night.

Edit correction: Oceana closed down because of a double shooting not stabbing - #JustBirminghamThings

"A city centre nightclub has been closed down permanently after two men were shot in the legs and a third was stabbed during disorder on the dance floor.

West Midlands Police applied for an expedited review of the Electric, in Hurst Street, after an ‘urban and grime’ event descended into violence in the early hours of Saturday July 25.

The venue, which traded as Oceana, will now remain closed after the landlords terminated the contract with the club operator and took back the keys."

Edited by Chad888

On 10/2/2018 at 7:15 PM, Andre91 said:

Except it’s not a rock album :ninja: 

I just read that one song on the new album described as “emo-reggae”.

edit: also yeah my chickens might be coming home to roost on the proclamations about the success of this new TOP album. They best not make a fool of me.

Edited by dentalplan

Possible headliners outright 

1. Imagine Dragons

2. Muse 

3. foo fighters

4. bring me the horizon

5. Kanye West

6. Drake 

7. Arctic Monkeys (if glasto doesn't take them)

8. The 1975 

9. Childish Gambino

Possible joint headliners 

1. Royal Blood 

2. Vampire weekend 

3. The Prodigy 

4.A$AP Rocky

5.Lil wayne 

6. Tame Impala 

7.Major Lazer 

8. Bastille 

9. Catfish & the Bottlemen 

10. Stormzy 

8 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Possible headliners outright 

1. Imagine Dragons

2. Muse 

3. foo fighters

4. bring me the horizon

5. Kanye West

6. Drake 

7. Arctic Monkeys (if glasto doesn't take them)

8. The 1975 

9. Childish Gambino

Possible joint headliners 

1. Royal Blood 

2. Vampire weekend 

3. The Prodigy 

4.A$AP Rocky

5.Lil wayne 

6. Tame Impala 

7.Major Lazer 

8. Bastille 

9. Catfish & the Bottlemen 

10. Stormzy 

bullseye_target_miss_anim_md_wm.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Can we please stop listing Imagine Dragons as possible headliners.

I mean unfortunately they would probably fit into the headlining category and have a new album out soon, but as they were at Pukkelpop last year but skipped R&L I doubt they'll be there this year

Edited by Mattymooz

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Didn't sell that well. Their tours do numbers though. They should really be headlining festivals based on the volume of tickets they shift for arenas but clearly they're not a right fit, for anywhere.

Album peaked at no.3 and hasn't left the charts since according to OCC.

28 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean unfortunately they would probably fit into the headlining category and have a new album out soon, but as they were at Pukkelpop last year but skipped R&L I doubt they'll be there this year

Maybe they will do  big weekend next year.