2019 festival

12 hours ago, alf13 said:

Do we think the lineup for 2019 (and future lineups) will be released like usual around december time or “early 2019” like this years was from now on?

It's hard to say really. If the info is true and they have next year's headliners sewn up already, they could go back to announcing the first headliner in October/November time.

Is it really like FR to have 2 of the headliners be debut main stage headliners?!

Like Foo Fighters, yeah they are huge and are the biggest stadium rock band in the world IMO. 21 pilots are fast becoming a one hit wonder (although it is a huuuuge hit). TBF 1975 aswell aren't exactly huge, they just have good marketing departments that pay for a lot of playtime. I'd say Bastille have more bangers than 1975. 

I'd have said Florence, or Paramore are more qualified for a mainstage act. 

We said last years was weak, Kendrick is a huge name, FoB have been a very succesful american rock band for about 15 years, KoL too have been making number 1 bangers for about 10 years (although vanished for a while but are still legacy). The biggest crowds i saw this year were post malone and travis scott and the year before everyone said they were there for eminem, I'd be very surprised if they don't do a huge r&b/hip hop star a headline act too. Drake make way!

• Downvote 5

Names that are worthy of headlining the second biggest festival in the UK: Coldplay, Killers, Foos, Green Day, Blink182, Paramore, Florence & the Machine, Arctic Monkeys, Drake, Kanye, Jay-Z, Blur, Stone Roses reunion, Libertines etc

1975 - good stage prescence, songs are bit of a radio friendly flop for soccer moms

21 Pilots - good stage presence new band that has 1 hit song and 4 flops that only really appeals to 14 year olds going through their emo phase

They need somebody that everybody knows, that people will brave any weather to go and see and scream and sing along, that have 10 hits that everybody knows all the words to. The rush when Giggs brought out Drake 2017, there was a stampede from every tent to the main stage! Kanye could do that too. Used to think Pharrell had that kind of pull until i saw his crowd with N*E*R*D

• Downvote 4

Libertines did Victorious this year, they're never headlining Reading and Leeds again. Coldplay wouldn't now either, they'll just do Glastonbury whenever they put an album out. FATM should probably have headlined by now.

Imagine calling Twenty One Pilots one hit wonders when they have 10 Platinum selling singles.

The 1975 very much appeal to Reading's target demographic of teens finishing their a-levels as well as most other young people, they probably make the most sense to be headlining next year. they have a broad appeal to pop fans, rock fans and indie fans alike 

• Upvote 1

though i can't stand twenty one pilots you just have to look at their streaming numbers, i mean nearly every song on blurryface has way over 100 million+ listens, they certainly aren't out of place headlining reading 

Edited by dum surfer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

wtf is a soccer mom anyway and why is anyone outside of North America using it 

A UK soccer mom is the mom that acts like theyre best friends with their kids, and so listens to poprock music like 21 pilots. 21 pilots will be played alongside bands like Busted and McFly in 10 years in Popworlds across the country.

21 Pilots are the 2nd most streamed band on spotify after Coldplay atm

But still the headline set will have what? Stressed Out, Ride, Jumpsuit, Heathens and My Blood? great 15 minute set guys, okay everyone back to your tents for an early night.

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

A UK soccer mom is the mom that acts like theyre best friends with their kids, and so listens to poprock music like 21 pilots. 21 pilots will be played alongside bands like Busted and McFly in 10 years in Popworlds across the country.

But still the headline set will have what? Stressed Out, Ride, Jumpsuit, Heathens and My Blood? great 15 minute set guys, okay everyone back to your tents for an early night.

wtf is a Popworld 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

image.png.07b1293c66b19d8d0ec975c64158c302.png

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

That's weird I live in Southampton. One of my flatmates last year always tried to force us to go there. Went like twice in freshers week and never again.

Its cheap and has a better vibe than Oceana imo (assuming you like cheese).

In saying that I may just think that cause most of southampton clubs are kinda awful...

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Its cheap and has a better vibe than Oceana imo (assuming you like cheese).

In saying that I may just think that cause most of southampton clubs are kinda awful...

I hate Oceana too haha. But yeah, don't rate any clubs here tbh. Only place I had good nights at were Junk but that's shut down now. Even almost went to Jesters last night but sacked it off because it was so rammed, thankfully.