2019 festival

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I thought it was bullshit since Foo Fighters have finished the tour... Odd. 

A years a long time away though, they could well be touring again by then. They’ve also got this cal jam as an annual event now so it’s not like they’d be playing shows completely out of the blue.

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I thought it was bullshit since Foo Fighters have finished the tour... Odd. 

They'd fit the 'wildcard' headliner trend. It'll have been over a year since their last UK gig by the time of the festival (provided they don't do any others between now and then). I was predicting Green Day as the third headliner but Foos fit in just as well.

23 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I was thinking Foals could do Finsbury, or do we think that might be too big for them? I reckon with a strong support as their first big gig back it would do pretty well.

I don’t think it would be too big for them after who headlined this year. Seems boring to do another outdoor London show after finishing the last tour with one.

58 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

The maddest aspect about this is somebody said this to me but I was told to stay quiet. Like it must have some feet to it if that’s what somebody has told him also. I thought it was bullshit since Foo Fighters have finished the tour... Odd. 

Same.

4 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

He also said that that trio was an educated guess and could easily be wrong (although weirdly later on said he'd been told they were the three headliners but it was a few weeks prior and could have changed since).

Everything he claimed as definite turned out to be true so I have no reason not to believe him this time around.

Would be weird that this year they didn't get any headliners booked until the new year and then for next year they're all booked by the 1st October.

Is your info that those headliners are tied down or just who they're after @festivalsaregood?

All 3 are tied down.

Edited by festivalsaregood

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Foals weren't ever really in the mix for R+L again so soon, or APE seeing as they only played that park last year. Would still say IOW but something smaller is possible given how so many festivals seem to be punching above their weight nowadays.

What do you reckon about Foals being the Truck headliner that @rawaudioinputwas on about with them stepping on R&L's toes? They're obviously a local band for the festival so I could see them maybe being more likely than other big headliners.

Could also see BMTH doing a Live Nation promoted Finsbury show after their R&L secret set in the same way QOTSA did it.

40 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

What do you reckon about Foals being the Truck headliner that @rawaudioinputwas on about with them stepping on R&L's toes? They're obviously a local band for the festival so I could see them maybe being more likely

Yeah it doesn’t seem too far out to imagine it. Tbf it only seems like rumours so there might not actually be a massive booking at Truck but they’re one of the bands I could see agreeing to step down to it.

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah that trio is way better than last year, and shouldn't be that expensive either. Does free up Arctics for other stuff too. I imagine at that point Pukkelpop moved for Twenty One Pilots? 1975 isn't that big a deal over there and I don't think Foos have ever done PKP?

Pretty sure they did it 2012

8 minutes ago, devilman said:

41 posts, got Killers right at Latitude, got 1 out of 3 right last year, I don't get the credibility this has been given. Gazza and that Crow fella have been more accurate than that in teh past.

They also knew about CATB at APE before anyone else as well.