2019 festival

49 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

This was my first one! Compare that line up to now. KoL, Kasabian, a well past it Eminem, Foals, Disclosure, FoB, PATD, Mumford, Libertines as headliners. Even 3rd downs were headline ready. 

Reading-2008.jpg

Rage v Babyshambles. Glad I didn't have to make that decision.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

44 minutes ago, Dukey said:

On the topic of DMA's, can definitely see them playing a slot high up the main stage. Sold out their UK academy tour in about 10 minutes. Maybe a similar slot to Blossoms (2017)?

Blossoms were huge on the radio and that "stately homes of england" was played constantly. DMAs never get any airtime on R1 and like i've said before. R+L is now just radio 1s big weekend for the over 16s. The days when you had the classics Metallica, Slipknot, Guns and Roses have long gone. Now you get gimmicky pop american rock bands like FOB and PATD. 21 Pilots and BMTH both fall under this title. DMAs may have sold a few hundred tickets but when you have people like Kendrick doing third down off the back of his huge TPAB album etc then DMA have no chance being that high for a pretty obscure Aussie band. 

26 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Blossoms were huge on the radio and that "stately homes of england" was played constantly. DMAs never get any airtime on R1 and like i've said before. R+L is now just radio 1s big weekend for the over 16s. The days when you had the classics Metallica, Slipknot, Guns and Roses have long gone. Now you get gimmicky pop american rock bands like FOB and PATD. 21 Pilots and BMTH both fall under this title. DMAs may have sold a few hundred tickets but when you have people like Kendrick doing third down off the back of his huge TPAB album etc then DMA have no chance being that high for a pretty obscure Aussie band. 

Kendrick subbed off the back of TPAB, not 3rd and how are DMAs pretty obscure? They sold out most dates for their tour in a few mins.

46 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Kendrick subbed for a start.

DMA's have sold out 1000, 2000+ venues in a matter of minutes and are only going to get bigger. R&L love putting new, up and coming bands in prominent slots, so why not?

19 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Kevin Abstract tweeted "Trilogy. Round 2", so another three albums all probably coming before next fest, they'll deffo get something like 4th main or R1 sub? First of the projects is dropping next Friday.

Yeah 4th/5th main I reckon.

Would they get away with stick DMA's down as a FR Headline like The Hunna a couple years ago?

9 hours ago, dum surfer said:

Where do people think pale waves will place now that their albums been released 

Honestly don't think the album did very much for them, and with the 1975 back now they have kinda lost a lot of their appeal. I have them low on the main on 1975 day, but I guess they could get midish R1 too

Seeing Spring King and Pale Waves this weekend. Pale Waves more out of curiosity than anything, and Spring King are always great live. I reckon both of these bands will be more prominent though. Perhaps very early mainstage, or mid afternoon to late on the radio 1 tent. Maybe even Thursday night headliners at Leeds festival. 

I think this is more realistic than my last guess. 1975 has 2 albums coming out between now and March so will be in the middle of promoting. 21P have a new album coming out soon and are huge amongst the u20 crowds. BMTH said they will see us next year and are consistently getting airtime on all their new songs. I dont even like Mantra but i know all the words because of how much it is played. 

Enter Shikari have a new album coming out soon as do Tame Impala but neither are big enough or relevant and mainstream enough to headline. ASAP Rocky is in the same mould as Travis Scott/Post Malone etc and attracts that fan base and is big enough to sub at the moment. BBK are just huge in the UK despite not having anything big coming out, can fill out the role that other big historical names have provided like Liam Gallagher etc. Vampire Weekend has a new album coming out soon and attract Killers fans. Chance doesnt have enough to sub yet but he is a huge name that everyone knows, again like the Post Malone and Kendrick crowd will come for him. I can see Brockhampton being in the Migos 2017 spot / Krept Konan 2018 spot on Saturday.

Not3s, AJ Tracy, Alien Ant Farm, Wolf Alice and Anne Marie to do main stage to.

Untitled.jpg