2019 festival

4 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

1975 / Arctic Monkeys / BMTH and TOP is a SOLID set of headliners without an irrelevant stinker. Lets have it Melv.

i'm thinking exactly this. seems like such an obvious and relatively easy set of headliners, right?? i can only see potentially glastonbury being a hurdle for AM / 1975 but even then i can't look past this set of headliners.

Hey guys, been around these forums a while now but just never posted. Been at leeds for the third time this year and while kendrick was my highlight, was great to have a better undercard than last time.

For 2019: 1975 / TOP / AM would sell well imo and would leave room for another solid undercard hopefully. Is it possible for another wildcard like KoL, Eminem etc ??

2 hours ago, eh1414 said:

Hey guys, been around these forums a while now but just never posted. Been at leeds for the third time this year and while kendrick was my highlight, was great to have a better undercard than last time.

For 2019: 1975 / TOP / AM would sell well imo and would leave room for another solid undercard hopefully. Is it possible for another wildcard like KoL, Eminem etc ??

Definitely possible for another wildcard, as it is every year. I couldn’t give you an example as it wouldn’t really be a wild card if you can have an educated guess lmao. I do think there will be a wildcard though, no way it’ll be the exact headliners we predict almost a whole year ahead.

In terms of 2000's rock bands or "wildcards", who could there really be? I've been having a think and I've come up with

Green Day

Blink-182

The Cure

Smashing Pumpkins

Biffy Clyro

Metallica

Queens Of The Stoneage

The Killers

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Not saying they're all realistic but no one considered KoL as they weren't active at the time, maybe it'll be like that with someone.

7 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Absolutely no chance of The Pumpkins, same with The Cure. I do think there'll be someone unexpected though, as Glasto will probably get one of Arctics or 1975 and Bring Me could easily do Download. Most likely someone shit like Blink or The Killers. 

Yeah I realised there wasn't much chance but I can hope lmao. My ideal trio would be Pumpkins, Cure and RATM but that'll never happen in a million years and I've accepted that none of them will probably headline again haha. 

Yeah you're right will probably be someone like that. Doesn't matter how shit they are FR know they'll still sell tickets.

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

In terms of 2000's rock bands or "wildcards", who could there really be? I've been having a think and I've come up with

Green Day

Blink-182

The Cure

Smashing Pumpkins

Biffy Clyro

Metallica

Queens Of The Stoneage

The Killers

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Not saying they're all realistic but no one considered KoL as they weren't active at the time, maybe it'll be like that with someone.

Maybe it could be someone like steriophonics.

If Melvin didn't have a boner for randomly booking Eminem to headline for no reason when he's not actually released any new music then he'd have been an obvious booking for next year.

He'll book a random shite band that has no new material leaving him unable to re-book them a year later when they actually have a new album and people want to see them. So yeah, Green Day/The Killers.

I know it's already been discussed but I definitely think there'll be a headliner that's less expected at the expense of one of BMTH/TOP/AM/The 1975. Every year there's a headliner that hasn't played any gigs in the UK in over a year (apart from the odd special show/other summer gigs at a similar time to R&L). The last few years there's been Kings of Leon, Emimen, RHCP, Metallica, Blink-182 etc. who all fit this trend.

TOP, BMTH, AM and The 1975 all have arena tours coming up. I think Green Day or Blink-182 would be the most likely as a 'wildcard' headliner who won't have played a UK gig in over a year, probably at the expense of AM.

With that in mind: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots (coheadline), Green Day, The 1975.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know it's already been discussed but I definitely think there'll be a headliner that's less expected at the expense of one of BMTH/TOP/AM/The 1975. Every year there's a headliner that hasn't played any gigs in the UK in over a year (apart from the odd special show/other summer gigs at a similar time to R&L). The last few years there's been Kings of Leon, Emimen, RHCP, Metallica, Blink-182 etc. who all fit this trend.

TOP, BMTH, AM and The 1975 all have arena tours coming up. I think Green Day or Blink-182 would be the most likely as a 'wildcard' headliner who won't have played a UK gig in over a year, probably at the expense of AM.

With that in mind: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots (coheadline), Green Day, The 1975.

Or the killers.

1 minute ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

I wouldnt mind seeing Greenday at R&L again but would like someone like 1975 but feel Glasto will have them. Any thoughts of Foos doing 2019 or 2020? 

I think Foos will probably be pretty inactive in 2019, but they could be a contender for 2020.

A couple of weeks ago I thought The 1975 would headline Glasto next year, but now I think Stormzy might be more likely after he posted that thing about Glasto on his Instagram. Can't see them both headlining for the first time in the same year.

Everything I've just said is pure speculation mind, don't take anything as gospel.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think Foos will probably be pretty inactive in 2019, but they could be a contender for 2020.

A couple of weeks ago I thought The 1975 would headline Glasto next year, but now I think Stormzy might be more likely after he posted that thing about Glasto on his Instagram. Can't see them both headlining for the first time in the same year.

Everything I've just said is pure speculation mind, don't take anything as gospel.

Yeah, I feel the same about the stormzy thing. 1975 I don't really know myself. But I feel they will be Reading in the next 2 years.

1 minute ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Yeah, I feel the same about the stormzy thing. 1975 I don't really know myself. But I feel they will be Reading in the next 2 years.

Aye if The 1975 don't headline in 2019 for whatever reason then I think they'll be pretty likely for 2020. Still reckon they'll headline next year though.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aye if The 1975 don't headline in 2019 for whatever reason then I think they'll be pretty likely for 2020. Still reckon they'll headline next year though.

Either way, they are going to be around. I haven't had a chance to see them so going to take next year and 2020 to try and go see them. 

Take this as you will and it could mean nothing, but there is a guy on twitter who is genuinely one of the 1975's biggest fans has been for years and is kind of know for that. He saw Matt Healy a few weeks ago and apparently told him that they aren't doing Glasto next year (he mainly wanted to know as apparently he its his 21st Bday at the time of Glasto) 

efest.jpg