2019 festival

14 minutes ago, polnico said:

Any chance that FR would book Frank Ocean ? (if he decides to tour of course) He could be considered as the big Hip Hop/RnB headliner... 

His festival headline sets last year were notoriously downbeat and new album heavy which seemed to leave an awful lot of people cold so I can't see him being booked for Reading/Leeds who favour their big rawkus sing-along headliners. He'd go down terribly.

49 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Interesting note on the big tours that went on sale today is that The Prodigy have outsold BMTH so far but Panic! have absolutely crushed both of them with barely any tickets left now for their tour. 

I know it was mentioned earlier but Courteeners pretty much sold out every date. Maybe BMTH aren't the dead cert headliners we are all expecting, maybe their stock has fallen. 

58 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Interesting note on the big tours that went on sale today is that The Prodigy have outsold BMTH so far but Panic! have absolutely crushed both of them with barely any tickets left now for their tour. 

not sure where you are getting the Panic! thing from?, there are loads of tickets left.

8 minutes ago, foolee said:

I know it was mentioned earlier but Courteeners pretty much sold out every date. Maybe BMTH aren't the dead cert headliners we are all expecting, maybe their stock has fallen. 

TBF Courteeners have outsold on the bigger dates The Prodigy and BMTH.

1 hour ago, Jackson Maniac said:

The only date I can find find for Panic is for the 2nd o2 date they added after instantly selling out the first.

That's true actually. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

See Tickets look like they’ve now sold out of standing tickets for the second O2 date. They’re shifted a mad amount of tickets today. They’re a proper headline band now it seems. Mental. 

A lot of bands are now benefiting from a new young generation that have only just started listening. Can defo see them doing TRNSMT next year and a few fests early on.

5 hours ago, Samjones said:

What about royal blood, they looked possible for this year but didn’t play, could they potentially co head 2019 or is their talk of writing a new album meaning no fests or shows till that’s out?

Yeah, I thought we’d get Royal Blood this year too 

Then again, I also thought we’d get Arctic Monkeys,Foos and QOTSA and look what we ended up with so no point going by what I think, haha.

On 8/29/2018 at 9:48 AM, Gucci Piggy said:

They easily could, but:

1. If they want to play Glastonbury as well, like Foals and Disclosure in 2016, I think R&L might bill them as co-headliners.

2. As shown by Kendrick this year, it isn't just acts who aren't big enough to headline outright who get billed as co-headliners. 

This is a point. Tbh, I have The 1975 down as an outright Glasto headline act in either 19 or 20 so unsure if they would be a co-headliner.

On 8/29/2018 at 10:25 AM, Andre91 said:

BMTH are notorious for playing short headline sets on tour, usually around 75/80 minutes which makes me favour them as a co-headliner next year rather than an outright headliner for much the same reason as Kendrick this year; their set just isn’t long enough.

If BMTH are only playing 80 minutes though, that puts them in the same ballpark as Fall Out Boy this year for the outright slot. Could honestly see their show getting a bit of a leg-up in length though if they want to keep a fair chunk of Sempiternal kicking around.

On 8/31/2018 at 7:44 PM, Jericode said:

Thinking about given how well Death of a Bachelor did and the fantastic live shows they've been doing since it came out, I'm not surprised they've had such a resurgence. Urie's gotten a lot better as they've dropped more and more band members off.

Those tour sales are absolutely wild for Panic!. Did not expect them to shift them all in the space of a day and at those prices too. Knew they were big but not this big; full credit to them.

The Prodigy outrstripping sales for BMTH doesn't surprise me much, and nor does the Courteeners, given their big shows are all in their heartland. Think this BMTH tour will sell better than That's the Spirit did two years ago though; remember Manchester Arena being rather sparse. The lack of any Manchester or Sheffield gig should help them get close to a sell-out in Leeds.

Edited by DownboundTrain52

7 hours ago, jj200 said:

Sunday the killers

If Arctics are doing glasto/r+l can't get them, I reckon we could get another kings of leon type booking for the sunday.

By that, I mean a band who has finished their world tour by the end of 2018 (2017 in KOL's case), after playing many UK dates, to be brought back on like an worldwide exclusive R+L/Summer sessions kinda thing. Think KOL played 3 US dates too but the only 3 European shows were the 3 they just did.

So I'm thinking the Killers or QOTSA as a more likely option, or possibly Foo Fighters or Radiohead if they wanna go a bit more expensive. Although acts like radiohead and pearl jam I doubt will be booked again at r+l.

Edited by R Shah