2019 festival

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

According to this article on the NME website, ya can get 100/1 for BMTH headlining and 80/1 for The 1975. Can’t see it online but quite possibly worth tracking down.

Whoever made those odds is on glue. 7/1 for a band which just subbed the radio1 and 8/1 for a band who literally don't exist as opposed to 80's and 100's respectively for probably the two most commonly suggested bands on this thread?

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

According to this article on the NME website, ya can get 100/1 for BMTH headlining and 80/1 for The 1975. Can’t see it online but quite possibly worth tracking down.

I wouldn't mind putting down a quid or 2 for BMTH and The 1975 at those odds. The article says it's PaddyPower but I can't find anything on there at the moment. Also those odds are nuts. Slaves at 7/1, have they lost it? 

31 minutes ago, danz026 said:

I figured that out once I actually listened to them. I only liked them before because people who's musical tastes usually align with mine told me they were good.

How can you like an artist that you never listened to before?

2 minutes ago, justanothername said:

How can you like an artist that you never listened to before?

I'll often go and see bands purely based on the fact that people who I know to have similar music taste recommended them. The Hunna fall into this category as they got recommended to me by a load of people I go to gigs with, hence me defending them as a potential #3 main stage booking on this thread, however since then I've actually listened to them and it turns out they're just a poor man's version of The Vamps.

2 minutes ago, Jackson Maniac said:

Coldplay and Bastille won’t be active and I doubt Biffy will headline again at this point. Drake, eh, probably Wireless

Drake did the secret set at wireless this year so he's a stick on to headline it next year.

11 minutes ago, danz026 said:

I'll often go and see bands purely based on the fact that people who I know to have similar music taste recommended them. The Hunna fall into this category as they got recommended to me by a load of people I go to gigs with, hence me defending them as a potential #3 main stage booking on this thread, however since then I've actually listened to them and it turns out they're just a poor man's version of The Vamps.

You said they were one of your favourite bands...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Still doesn't make any sense. You still hadn't listened to them.

Yeah why do NME put out an article with made up festival headliner odds a few times a year? Do Paddy Power chuck them a few quid to namedrop their company alongside some fake odds or...? 

Or maybe it's just so it ends up in places like this and we talk about NME. Their articles have gone to shit, but surely their writers are capable of making up more realistic figures than those.

1 hour ago, Aech said:

He replaced a headliner and HEADLINED  the festival, I doubt it.

He barely headlined though he played like 4 songs and it was unannounced. Plenty of fans missed out. Based on how it sold paying for Drake with a 50k venue is pointless anyway.

1 hour ago, Jackson Maniac said:

Coldplay and Bastille won’t be active and I doubt Biffy will headline again at this point. Drake, eh, probably Wireless

I actually would be surprised by Biffy now even at R&L....they could get away with it once more I reckon maybe. 

If Drake gets an offer from R&L that's where he'll go I would be, he'll sell well and that crowd capacity over two sites is comfortably bigger than at Wireless and he's already headlined it two years ago too. Playing 2016, coming out 18 and doing 19 I doubt it.

22 hours ago, danz026 said:

Turner third down is a pretty solid bet for me actually come to think of it, he seems to be able to sell out decently sized arenas which is probably the going rate for a third down act. Perhaps radio 1 headliner may suit him a bit better though given his fan base is a bit of a cult following, could be a good alternative to whichever RnB artist is chosen as the RnB headline next year.

Headlining NME is a good shout for Frank, and The Gaslight Anthem would make a great sub to him, if they haven't gone back on hiatus by then.

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

2014/15 will be 4/5 years ago come next year. That can’t be considered recent years. 

Damn, time flies. I still remember Leeds 2008 very vividly, like it was only a few years ago.

Edited by VCK