2019 festival

37 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The album won’t make them any bigger, surely?

I was thinking about it last week when arguing about Blossoms’ placing, that if you take away the Manchester dates then it’s about as big a tour as Slaves (who are obviously subbing NME) would do. Now it’s confirmed just about the same except Slaves are doing Ally Pally. Might sell like shit for all I know but the fact that it’s perceivably close goes to show what an awful booking it was to have Blossoms third down.

I know it's maybe not their crowd as much as R&L but how did Slaves go from opening the Other stage last year to now being deemed big enough for Ally Pally and subbing NME?

41 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I know it's maybe not their crowd as much as R&L but how did Slaves go from opening the Other stage last year to now being deemed big enough for Ally Pally and subbing NME?

Opening Other was like a special slot thing. They would have normally been a fair bit bigger - around middle of that stage.

Two Door are certainly not big enough to headline, or co-headline imo. They were headlining fests like Y-NOT and Boardmasters last year, just to put it in perspective.

Realistically they could pull off sitting under a big headliner or headlining NME at most, surely?!

I'm still pretty torn on what next year is going to look like.. 

Fri                         Sat                                 Sun
 1975          Stormzy & 21 Pilots        Arctic Monkeys
Catfish            Enter Shikari                    Two Door

Or....

Fri                             Sat                                      Sun
 Paramore         Royal Blood & 21 Pilots        Foo Fighters
  Stormzy                   Enter Shikari                      Two Door

4 hours ago, Cammers said:

Two Door are certainly not big enough to headline, or co-headline imo. They were headlining fests like Y-NOT and Boardmasters last year, just to put it in perspective.

Realistically they could pull off sitting under a big headliner or headlining NME at most, surely?!

I'm still pretty torn on what next year is going to look like.. 

Fri                         Sat                                 Sun
 1975          Stormzy & 21 Pilots        Arctic Monkeys
Catfish            Enter Shikari                    Two Door

Or....

Fri                             Sat                                      Sun
 Paramore         Royal Blood & 21 Pilots        Foo Fighters
  Stormzy                   Enter Shikari                      Two Door

Stormzy is surely bigger than Royal Blood to R&L's demographic, none of my friends listen to Royal Blood at all (none really listen to Stormzy either but plenty of people in my school do) I think the top one is way too indie also.

20 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Oh yeah I meant 2019, my bad. I just don't get why The Streets at R&L would be a guarantee these days. It's not like they're a perfect fit for it.

I think they're a decent enough fit. They do seem to have carried over to following generations; @TheWaters is about as old as Original Pirate Material and I think he went to see them this year and is seeing them next year as well. They'd suit subbing an act who has been around a while.

They're not a guarantee but it's Gazza speaking; he's very confident in his predictions.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think they're a decent enough fit. They do seem to have carried over to following generations; @TheWaters is about as old as Original Pirate Material and I think he went to see them this year and is seeing them next year as well. They'd suit subbing an act who has been around a while.

Bang on with that lmao, OPM came out the year I was born. All my mates that go to Reading and gigs and stuff are all around 16-21 and most if not all are massive fans of The Streets. It's definitely carried over as have The Streets in general.Didn't manage a ticket to the shows this year but almost everyone that I'm going to Reading with (about 20 people) went to see them. They're massive with people my age now, even more so after the return. When the album is out they'd be a great booking as a sub next year. Under AM would be perfect.

R&L have published the survey to see who people want for next year.

Also notable they don't consider Stormzy, Paramore, Foals, Disclosure, Royal Blood or Gorillaz headliner options as they're all in the category of other acts you'd like to see.

Here are the headline options I guess they're considering, certainly some odd choices.

1. Twenty One Pilots     
  2. Thirty Seconds To Mars
  3. The 1975
  4. Eminem
  5. Arctic Monkeys
  6. Daft Punk
  7. Green Day
  8. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
  9. My Chemical Romance
  10. Bring Me The Horizon
  11. Radiohead
  12. Kanye West
  13. Slipknot
  14. Muse
  15. Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg
  16. Drake
  17. Florence + The Machine
  18. The Weeknd
  19. Tool
  20. Pearl Jam
  21. Foo Fighters
  22. Blur
  23. Imagine Dragons
  24. Blink 182
  25. Queens Of The Stoneage
  26. Childish Gambino
  27. The Prodigy
  28. Iron Maiden
  29. The Killers
  30. Rage Against The Machine
  31. Depeche Mode
  32. Rihanna
  33. Catfish & The Bottlemen
  34. Liam Gallagher
  35. The Strokes
  36. AC/DC
  37. Rammestein

Edited by TheWaters

21 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Also notable they don't consider Stormzy, Paramore, Foals, Disclosure, Royal Blood or Gorillaz headliner options as they're all in the category of other acts you'd like to see.

Obviously all these acts are headliners at this point in time but perhaps they're not as viable options as the ones listed under the headliner options. It is bizarre however that the list includes: The Prodigy, 30stm, Blink182 over these so I'm not sure at all the thinking behind it.

27 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

1. Twenty One Pilots     
  3. The 1975
  4. Eminem
  5. Arctic Monkeys
  6. Daft Punk
  7. Green Day
  9. My Chemical Romance
  10. Bring Me The Horizon
  11. Radiohead
  12. Kanye West
  13. Slipknot
  14. Muse
  15. Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg
  16. Drake
  18. The Weeknd
  19. Tool
  20. Pearl Jam
  21. Foo Fighters
  22. Blur
  23. Imagine Dragons
  24. Blink 182
  26. Childish Gambino
  27. The Prodigy
  28. Iron Maiden
  29. The Killers
  31. Depeche Mode
  32. Rihanna
  34. Liam Gallagher
  35. The Strokes
  36. AC/DC
  37. Rammestein

Additionally, this is who I'd say would be the best choice of headliners with the ones i disagree with being crossed out and the ones in bold being the better ideas.

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I was talking about Monkeys. AM won’t play R&L and Glasto. 

Ah I see.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

R&L have published the survey to see who people want for next year.

Here are the headline options I guess they're considering, certainly some odd choices.

1. Twenty One Pilots     
  3. The 1975
  4. Eminem
  5. Arctic Monkeys
  6. Daft Punk
  7. Green Day
  9. My Chemical Romance
  10. Bring Me The Horizon
  11. Radiohead
  12. Kanye West
  13. Slipknot
  14. Muse
  15. Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg
  16. Drake
  18. The Weeknd
  19. Tool
  20. Pearl Jam
  21. Foo Fighters
  22. Blur
  23. Imagine Dragons
  24. Blink 182
  26. Childish Gambino
  27. The Prodigy
  28. Iron Maiden
  29. The Killers
  31. Depeche Mode
  32. Rihanna
  34. Liam Gallagher
  35. The Strokes
  36. AC/DC
  37. Rammestein

It's not really a shock, Paramore are the only one I think that would be given a slot, Gorillaz I'd not think have a chance.

Also not shocked to see Catfish in there. I think it'll be a mix of Drake, TOP, BMTH, Catfish and I'll go Florence.

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Obviously all these acts are headliners at this point in time but perhaps they're not as viable options as the ones listed under the headliner options. It is bizarre however that the list includes: The Prodigy, 30stm, Blink182 over these so I'm not sure at all the thinking behind it.

Additionally, this is who I'd say would be the best choice of headliners with the ones i disagree with being crossed out and the ones in bold being the better ideas.

Mate, don’t think about it too much. It’s pretty much the same survey they sent out last year. Means fuck all really.

Interesting how Martin Garrix isn't considered a headliner but Daft Punk is which is a pretty direct comparison hes one of, if not the biggest EDM act at the moment. Probably off to Creamfields anyway :)