2019 festival

What would R+L gain from bumping up Courteeners though? They already sell to about all the people interested in seeing them play Leeds every two years and wouldn't be able to have them headline every two years; it'd be no good for Courteeners to start rejecting smaller slots and festivals because they won't get anything else, so it just looks weak as hell when one of R+L's headliners is playing 7pm on the Other Stage. Besides, the band has peaked as it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah 's what co-heads usually do, most recently in 2014 with QOTSA closing Reading and Paramore closing Leeds.

FOB were basically a glorified sub to Biffy in 2016, as Panic are to Kendrick.

Disclosure and Foals swapped in 2016 also I believe

Starting to think The 1975 might be more likely to do Glasto next year and R&L in 2020. Was thinking Stormzy was a possibility at Glasto but I think he'd make more sense at R&L next year - more time for a second album to be released, hasn't played R&L since 2016 (before his debut was released), struggling to think of another hip hop artist that could headline next year as that seems to be the route R&L is going down.

With that in mind:
Friday - Stormzy, Two Door Cinema Club
Saturday - Arctic Monkeys, The Streets
Sunday - Twenty One Pilots, Childish Gambino

BMTH would couple well with TOP if Download don't get them.

2020 being something like The 1975, Travis Scott, Foos.

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Parquet Drive announced for Wacken next August. Makes them probably about 80% for BOA and 20% for R+L but who knows.

Yeah go on. I don't reckon they'd go down that well at Bloodstock personally. Wouldn't at R&L either of course, but at least wouldn't need to headline so I think they're fairly likely.

Edited by Steve1000

7 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah go on. I don't reckon they'd go down that well at Bloodstock personally. Wouldn't at R&L either of course, but at least wouldn't need to headline so I think they're fairly likely.

Where would they play at R&L? They’re certainly big enough to headline the NME tent but I don’t think that’d be a booking that’d go down that well. Probably 4th down man stage. 

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Where would they play at R&L? They’re certainly big enough to headline the NME tent but I don’t think that’d be a booking that’d go down that well. Probably 4th down man stage. 

Got them as 5th main on my prediction but would probably do 4th yeah.

Also, would Stormzy co-head or outright headline? Who could he co-head with?

Edited by TheWaters

34 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Got them as 5th main on my prediction but would probably do 4th yeah.

Also, would Stormzy co-head or outright headline? Who could he co-head with?

I think Stormzy if his second album does as well as the first could possibly headline outright. I love TDCC but I don't think they are the right sub/co-header for Stormzy.

56 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah I was thinking 4th down main stage. 21 Pilots getting the heavy day :lol:

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Starting to think The 1975 might be more likely to do Glasto next year and R&L in 2020. Was thinking Stormzy was a possibility at Glasto but I think he'd make more sense at R&L next year - more time for a second album to be released, hasn't played R&L since 2016 (before his debut was released), struggling to think of another hip hop artist that could headline next year as that seems to be the route R&L is going down.

With that in mind:
Friday - Stormzy, Two Door Cinema Club
Saturday - Arctic Monkeys, The Streets
Sunday - Twenty One Pilots, Childish Gambino

BMTH would couple well with TOP if Download don't get them.

2020 being something like The 1975, Travis Scott, Foos.

Yeah I think that's a good prediction to be honest. Foo's I think are likely for R&L when they return and Travis Scott is a similar transition to Kendrick. Reason is largely due to money for Kendrick not doing Glasto....I really don't think he needs to take that slot at the minute at all.

Arctics thought for me are Glastonbury. I'm at The 1975, Arctics and one of Madge or FM atm. 

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Probably not atm. Maybe when the new albums out.

The album won’t make them any bigger, surely?

I was thinking about it last week when arguing about Blossoms’ placing, that if you take away the Manchester dates then it’s about as big a tour as Slaves (who are obviously subbing NME) would do. Now it’s confirmed just about the same except Slaves are doing Ally Pally. Might sell like shit for all I know but the fact that it’s perceivably close goes to show what an awful booking it was to have Blossoms third down.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The album won’t make them any bigger, surely?

I was thinking about it last week when arguing about Blossoms’ placing, that if you take away the Manchester dates then it’s about as big a tour as Slaves (who are obviously subbing NME) would do. Now it’s confirmed just about the same except Slaves are doing Ally Pally. Might sell like shit for all I know but the fact that it’s perceivably close goes to show what an awful booking it was to have Blossoms third down.

Probably won't tbh.

But yeah I'd say Blossoms are just about bigger than Slaves, but not by much. Slaves were originally 3rd down NME weren't they? Makes Blossoms placement last year look even worse. Especially as it was before the latest album (that didn't do too much for them either tough tbf). Blossoms should've been 3rd/2nd NME or 5th main or something last year I'd say.