2019 festival

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Christ that's pretty tragic touring an old album in full on two tours years apart from each other. They'd be better off marking 15 years of American Idiot, surely. I'd have got the old fingerless gloves out for sure.

Tbf, 2013 wasn't a Dookie tour; they just decided to do it a few weeks before. Still would be overkill to do it at consecutive headline slots at R+L so yee.

edit: Oh and I bet you wouldn't enjoy American Idiot anniversary tour as much as that dude who, at the age of 4, defied his mother and went into town and bought the album. Fucking hell.

Edited by dentalplan

GREEN DAY 2019 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

43 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf, 2013 wasn't a Dookie tour; they just decided to do it a few weeks before. Still would be overkill to do it at consecutive headline slots at R+L so yee.

edit: Oh and I bet you wouldn't enjoy American Idiot anniversary tour as much as that dude who, at the age of 4, defied his mother and went into town and bought the album. Fucking hell.

THAT WAS ME LOL!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2018 at 10:18 PM, Gucci Piggy said:

Why? They're no bigger than they were in 2016 and acts usually play a different stage to last time if possible. Them headlining NME is certainly more likely than them repeating their 3rd down slot, and there's no chance of Blossoms subbing lol.

And... blossoms entire tour sells out in a day bar a couple of hundred tickets for Brixton. How very awkward for you 

6 hours ago, Odessa said:

Christ that's pretty tragic touring an old album in full on two tours years apart from each other. They'd be better off marking 15 years of American Idiot, surely. I'd have got the old fingerless gloves out for sure.

Told you everyone who listened to that album wore fingerless gloves.

20 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Good job the R+L organisers don’t have “popular in Lincoln” as their top criteria then. 

Not a good job when they can’t sell out a tour that size. Lincoln wasn’t the only date that didn’t sell out on that tour. 

Blossoms being third down was the single weakest booking Reading and Leeds made in the last five years. 

16 hours ago, danz026 said:

And... blossoms entire tour sells out in a day bar a couple of hundred tickets for Brixton. How very awkward for you 

You Me at Six sold their tour out yesterday including two nights at Brixton. They played third down at Community (which you claimed Blossoms could headline) and headlined the NME stage (which you’re arguing Blossoms are too big for). This is awkward for one person and it ain’t Gucci Piggy.

On 7/23/2018 at 8:03 AM, Andre91 said:

I’m pleasantly surprised that they’ve been playing songs like Teddy Picker, Cornerstone, Do Me a Favour and From The Ritz... 

From the ritz was incredible at Trnsmt 

tbh they were unbelievable from start to finish 

1 hour ago, LiamEP said:

Like only 2 shows for the blossoms tour have sold out, in some fairly small venues in places. Don’t really see them moving up atall you know. 

Fake news. The entire tour sold out apart from Brixton which is close to selling out. Having said that I might have misjudged their popularity a little bit. I always think they’re basically on a par with Courteeners who are subbing this year hence why I thought they might sub.

32 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Fake news. The entire tour sold out apart from Brixton which is close to selling out. Having said that I might have misjudged their popularity a little bit. I always think they’re basically on a par with Courteeners who are subbing this year hence why I thought they might sub.

Courteeners are big in Manchester....bugger all elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Courteeners are big in Manchester....bugger all elsewhere.

I’m not sure that’s true, they’re sub headlining the main stage this year. Although I’m wondering if their clash with a good southern band in Don Broco might lead to a reduced main stage crowd in the Reading set (whereas at Leeds, Don Broco will be playing to next to nobody and everyone will be at Courteeners)

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, danz026 said:

I’m not sure that’s true, they’re sub headlining the main stage this year. Although I’m wondering if their clash with a good southern band in Don Broco might lead to a reduced main stage crowd in the Reading set (whereas at Leeds, Don Broco will be playing to next to nobody and everyone will be at Courteeners)

Yes....but being Manchester, north is more what I meant tbh,  they'll obviously get a big crowd at Leeds. Can't sub Leeds and be 4th down at Reading. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yes....but being Manchester, north is more what I meant tbh,  they'll obviously get a big crowd at Leeds. Can't sub Leeds and be 4th down at Reading. 

They're making their 6th album after R&L, I could see them being co-headliners the next time they come to the festival, probably in 2020 or 2021. They'll close the main stage at Leeds and be second last at Reading if that's the case. I saw them at Neighbourhood Weekender which was in Warrington and the crowd was absolutely massive.

37 minutes ago, danz026 said:

They're making their 6th album after R&L, I could see them being co-headliners the next time they come to the festival, probably in 2020 or 2021. They'll close the main stage at Leeds and be second last at Reading if that's the case. I saw them at Neighbourhood Weekender which was in Warrington and the crowd was absolutely massive.

Yup, if they get a bigger show under their belt down south like at least Wembley Arena...should be more than that really but was good enough for other lesser options before. I don't deny they are loved there, done their own outdoor show.

Edited by thewayiam

8 hours ago, danz026 said:

There was still tickets this morning when I looked. I like blossoms a lot, ain’t close to the courteeners around the north west tho.

On 7/29/2018 at 5:00 PM, danz026 said:

Have they ever done something like this with a band closing the coheader spot at one site and not at the other, as for Courteeners it makes so much sense.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Have they ever done something like this with a band closing the coheader spot at one site and not at the other, as for Courteeners it makes so much sense.

Yeah 's what co-heads usually do, most recently in 2014 with QOTSA closing Reading and Paramore closing Leeds.

FOB were basically a glorified sub to Biffy in 2016, as Panic are to Kendrick.

• Like 1