2019 festival

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

The difference is that Paramore are actually good at making pop music. FOB’s attempts are atrocious. 

I'm unsure I agree either are that good but in terms of booking I can't see the festival steering away from either yet. I don't have Paramore in thoughts for Reading next year mind.

Stormzy/Twenty One Pilots (co-headline)

Arctic Monkeys

The 1975

I also have The 1975 down to sub Glasto, so if that makes R&L want them to be billed as co-headliners (I dunno if that was why they did it with Foals in 2016), then pair em with Catfish/TDCC (who'd probs be a glorified sub like PATD/FOB in 2013).

Blossoms announce another U.K. tour in December. They’re not at R+L this year and won’t have played the Cool Like You set at the festival yet 

Have to think they’re nailed on to play R+L 2019, just not sure how high up. Are they big enough to sub yet? 

Just now, danz026 said:

Blossoms announce another U.K. tour in December. They’re not at R+L this year and won’t have played the Cool Like You set at the festival yet 

Have to think they’re nailed on to play R+L 2019, just not sure how high up. Are they big enough to sub yet? 

NME headliner. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

NME headliner. 

Thing is this is heavily speculated but I can't see them NOT being on the main stage next year. Even if they aren't deemed big enough to sub headline yet, I think repeating their 2017 third down is more likely than going over to the NME stage.

I actually think next year they'll headline a smaller festival or two. Thinking Neighbourhood Weekender and/or Community would suit them very well.

5 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Thing is this is heavily speculated but I can't see them NOT being on the main stage next year. Even if they aren't deemed big enough to sub headline yet, I think repeating their 2017 third down is more likely than going over to the NME stage.

I actually think next year they'll headline a smaller festival or two. Thinking Neighbourhood Weekender and/or Community would suit them very well.

Why? They're no bigger than they were in 2016 and acts usually play a different stage to last time if possible. Them headlining NME is certainly more likely than them repeating their 3rd down slot, and there's no chance of Blossoms subbing lol.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Why? They're no bigger than they were in 2016 and acts usually play a different stage to last time if possible. Them headlining NME is certainly more likely than them repeating their 3rd down slot, and there's no chance of Blossoms subbing lol.

Not true at all. They released a second album which has been popular plus they subbed APE and Neighbourhood Weekender which are admittedly smaller festivals than R&L. However if they grow again over the next year and end up headlining the smaller festivals then perhaps sub here isn't out the question.

17 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Not true at all. They released a second album which has been popular plus they subbed APE and Neighbourhood Weekender which are admittedly smaller festivals than R&L. However if they grow again over the next year and end up headlining the smaller festivals then perhaps sub here isn't out the question.

Their 2nd album reached number 4 in the charts, after their debut reached number 1. I've never heard of any of the singles from it and none of them even have a Wikipedia page.

They subbed the Catfish day at APE which cost £20 less than the other days because it was a weaker lineup (meaning it cost 2/3 the amount the other days did). Plus the subs for the other APE Presents days (Patti Smith and The War On Drugs) weren't exactly massive.

Yeah, they subbed Neighbourhood Weekender - a new festival with lineups on par with the likes of YNOT, where the other sub was Jake Bugg... That doesn't do anything to aid your argument that they could sub R&L.

So yeah, they can sub festivals that Jake Bugg can sub, and festivals that cost 2/3 the amount of festivals that Patti Smith and The War on Drugs can sub. Wow.

They've had their moment. They got a good slot at R&L 2016 when they were at their peak, and they're not gonna move up from there unless something drastic happens.

52 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Wtf. My dude they announced ONE Brixton Academy date for London. And that might struggle to sell if their album release show in the capital is any indicator. Why would they then go on and headline a 40,000 capacity festival? I'm dead.

The only thing at a smaller fest that I could see them headlining next year is second stage at Parklife, bc of the home crowd. They're on their way down. Though, admittedly, I could see R+L giving them the same as last time just out of stubbornness to accept that they were ridiculously overbooked.

Edited by dentalplan

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wtf. My dude they announced ONE Brixton Academy date for London. And that might struggle to sell if their album release show in the capital is any indicator. Why would they then go on and headline a 40,000 capacity festival? I'm dead.

The only thing at a smaller fest that I could see them headlining next year is second stage at Parklife, bc of the home crowd. They're on their way down. Though, admittedly, I could see R+L giving them the same as last time just out of stubbornness to accept that they were ridiculously overbooked.

I mean the last two Community headliners were Catfish and the Bottlemen and Two Door Cinema Club. If we look at the chart records of each of their albums:

Catfish: 10-1

Blossoms: 1-4

Two Door: 16-1-10

I don’t think it’s a huge stretch to say that Blossoms are a similar size to either of those bands, no? 

10 minutes ago, danz026 said:

I mean the last two Community headliners were Catfish and the Bottlemen and Two Door Cinema Club. If we look at the chart records of each of their albums:

Catfish: 10-1

Blossoms: 1-4

Two Door: 16-1-10

I don’t think it’s a huge stretch to say that Blossoms are a similar size to either of those bands, no? 

Just look at the size of the venues played on their last tours though.

Catfish - Wembley Arena (12,500 cap)

Blossoms - O2 Forum (2,300 cap)

Two Door - Ally Pally x2 (8,250 cap, 16,500 total)

Admittedly, Catfish have probably grown a bit since their last tour as it was 2 years ago now.

Also, I'm willing to bet that the debut of each of those other bands had sold more than Blossoms' no.1 debut after two years. So yeah it is a bit of a reach. Blossoms could do better to have a chart history like those where they built up over time and weren't just hype that fizzled out.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Just look at the size of the venues played on their last tours though.

Catfish - Wembley Arena (12,500 cap)

Blossoms - O2 Forum (2,300 cap)

Two Door - Ally Pally x2 (8,250 cap, 16,500 total)

Admittedly, Catfish have probably grown a bit since their last tour as it was 2 years ago now.

Catfish are bigger than both of them.....by a huge margin!

Can't believe people actually believe that blossoms peak was in 2016. THEY WERE THIRD DOWN MAIN STAGE IN 2017. NEVER, EVER THREATEN READING AND LEEDS AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A FESTIVAL THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Can't believe people actually believe that blossoms peak was in 2016. THEY WERE THIRD DOWN MAIN STAGE IN 2017. NEVER, EVER THREATEN READING AND LEEDS AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A FESTIVAL THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

Oh aye shit I meant 2017

On 7/24/2018 at 9:14 AM, Stuielooie said:

Also, at APE I've never seen so many people leave a performance like I did for people leaving Blossoms to go see The Hunna

Yeah I was really suprised by this, as Hunna have done quite a lot of gigs recently as well. I had never seen Blossoms before and think the Hunna are okay, but we waited till the end of the Blossoms set and then went off to see them instead as they tour so much missing half their sets not a big deal (and Blossoms were excellent in comparison to the Hunna) - a similar kind of thing happenned after The Neighbourhood played Sweater Weather, myself and many others left with someone calling us "fickle" but honestly Frank Carter were on and the neighbourhood's set was absolutely dire in my opinion compared to the other acts that day.

Twenty One Pilots / A$AP Rocky / The Hunna / Good Charlotte 

Blossoms / DMA’s

The 1975 / Two Door Cinema Club / Cardi B / Glass Animals 

Jamie xx / Rae Sremmurd 

Arctic Monkeys / Skepta / CHVRCHES / The Amazons 

All Time Low / Circa Waves 

Edited by Andre91

39 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Green Day have been rehearsing Dookie in full so it seems likely that they'll be on the road next year for the 25th anniversary. You'd think that would make them a strong contender for 2019... if they hadn't already played Dookie in full in 2013. Probably more likely for Download/TRNSMT/IoW etc.

I think BST will almost certainly get that gig.