2019 festival

5 hours ago, Jericode said:

I'd rather they weren't, they did 2013 and 2016 and I think they're over-saturating themselves if they do 2019 when the only new release is an Unplugged album.

They have also confirmed they're working on a new proper album to be released late this year or early next. Still though, I agree they shouldn't be booked back just yet.

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Twenty One Pilots 

Drake

The 1975 

Or if Matt Healy and co. play Glastonbury: 

Twenty One Pilots

Drake 

Queens Of The Stone Age 

Yeah I've been thinking something very similar.

Still think BMTH could possibly coheadline with 21 Pilots, and if The 1975 are at Glasto/elsewhere then I think Foals would be a more likely 3rd headliner than QOTSA at this point. But yeah, seems like a fair shout overall to me.

I'm kinda expecting 1975 to wanna sub glasto and then coheadline R+L like Foals did tbh. Drake I think is a good shout for the "big headliner". Foals I don't think will be back so soon, but BMTH seem like a good shout to get the bump up (especially given that info about the BMTH tour embargo date) and tbh I think they could solo headline and just be considered the weaker one.

1975 + Twenty One Pilots

Drake

BMTH

Just now, TheWaters said:

LG has once again reached out to Noel for an Oasis reunion lmao. If the unlikely happened and there was a reformation and they did fests next year they'd probably do Glasto over R&L right?

You'd think so, yeah. It could be very short lived if it did happen, but say they headlined Glasto in 2020 for the 50th then they'd be a good bet to do R&L in 2021 (probably alongside numerous other big gigs/festivals).

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

1975 + Twenty One Pilots

I think these would be the two biggest acts R+L have had coheadline, aside from Kendrick I guess. Just seems too strong.

I feel that they'd separate them to different days and if, as you say, The 1975 have to be pared down because they've decided that they're doing Glastonbury as well, they'll couple them up with an act that is well below them. Got my eye on it being Two Door Cinema Club.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think these would be the two biggest acts R+L have had coheadline, aside from Kendrick I guess. Just seems too strong.

I feel that they'd separate them to different days and if, as you say, The 1975 have to be pared down because they've decided that they're doing Glastonbury as well, they'll couple them up with an act that is well below them. Got my eye on it being Two Door Cinema Club.

I remember being pretty impressed by Paramore + QOTSA in 2014 but agreed it would be strong. In saying that I dont think either of their new stuff has gone down as well as I expected (havent listened to the sing 2975 released last night but the reception if their previous one was pretty meh, and at least I havent heard the 21p song  getting anywhere near the amount of radioplay their previous stuff got).

Two Door is a weird choice tho imo. They still only played academys on their last tour didnt they? Would be a big step up for them

17 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I'm kinda expecting 1975 to wanna sub glasto and then coheadline R+L like Foals did tbh. Drake I think is a good shout for the "big headliner". Foals I don't think will be back so soon, but BMTH seem like a good shout to get the bump up (especially given that info about the BMTH tour embargo date) and tbh I think they could solo headline and just be considered the weaker one.

1975 + Twenty One Pilots

Drake

BMTH

I think that is a great shout. I defo can't see BMTH not outright and I feel the same with The 1975 but at the same time feel like you, they'll sub Glasto and do Reading too. Bearing in mind they are hugely bigger than them or their co-headline partner were. It would be strong....The 1975 done The 02 twice and MEN last time. They did have Kasabian Eminem and Muse last year also which is hefty.....the line-up did suffer for that imo mind but I don't see that as much with this.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I remember being pretty impressed by Paramore + QOTSA in 2014 but agreed it would be strong. In saying that I dont think either of their new stuff has gone down as well as I expected (havent listened to the sing 2975 released last night but the reception if their previous one was pretty meh, and at least I havent heard the 21p song  getting anywhere near the amount of radioplay their previous stuff got).

Two Door is a weird choice tho imo. They still only played academys on their last tour didnt they? Would be a big step up for them

I think it's too early to say for either band. Both bands sold huge numbers for their last album and I don't see why the next will be different.

Foals, Disclosure and QOTSA all played academies before releasing the album they headlined with. And I'm not even talking as big as them, I just think they'll have someone that people would go see (as evidenced by their huge crowd last year) but wouldn't shift day tickets on their own. The 1975 and Twenty One Pilots would both shift day tickets comfortably, more so than BMTH would actually.

7 minutes ago, Odessa said:

TDCC did two nights at the Apollo in Manchester last tour, which is bigger than "playing academies" suggests tbf. That's prob about 8k tickets in one city.

Two nights at the Al Pal as well. 20k that.

Are they gonna be about five albums in? For a band that FR seem to be trying to put back on track, it doesn’t seem that outlandish. And going off the crowd they gathered at R+L last year, I wouldn’t really blame the fest for trying it.

3 hours ago, Odessa said:

TDCC did two nights at the Apollo in Manchester last tour, which is bigger than "playing academies" suggests tbf. That's prob about 8k tickets in one city.

Ah tbh I didn't even check, just knew they hadn't done any arena stuff

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Two nights at the Al Pal as well. 20k that.

Are they gonna be about five albums in? For a band that FR seem to be trying to put back on track, it doesn’t seem that outlandish. And going off the crowd they gathered at R+L last year, I wouldn’t really blame the fest for trying it.

4th album I think it would be. Definitely enough back catalogue and hits, I'm kinda expecting them to sub next time they play, so I guess coheadline isn't too outlandish. Community I don't think sold out this year which isn't a great sign but I guess with a new album out they could have enough interest in them for it to be worth doing.

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Ah tbh I didn't even check, just knew they hadn't done any arena stuff

4th album I think it would be. Definitely enough back catalogue and hits, I'm kinda expecting them to sub next time they play, so I guess coheadline isn't too outlandish. Community I don't think sold out this year which isn't a great sign but I guess with a new album out they could have enough interest in them for it to be worth doing.

Yeah Community wasn't sold out, didn't seem like anywhere near. Went to Wireless weekend after that was sold out and it seemed so so much busier. TDCC deffo have the hits to do it, it was a 19 song setlist at Community and a good 12-15 of them are widely known popular songs. With another album I could easily see them sub if not co-head. Kinda do what Courteeners have done, NME headline, 3rd down main then maybe subbing next.

I think that R&L is getting harder and harder to predict each year because of how random the days have become. I’ve had a go but I’m probably way out though. 

Twenty One Pilots / A$AP Rocky / Enter Shikari / Limp Bizkit 

Blossoms 

The 1975 + Two Door Cinema Club (co-headline) / Jamie xx / Cardi B 

Marshmello 

Drake / Skepta / CHVRCES / Glass Animals 

All Time Low 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

Hmmm, let's try this again

FRIDAY

Main: The 1975 / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Khalid / Circa Waves / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Tonight Alive / Pale Waves / Spring King / Drenge

R1: Mura Masa / Jorja Smith / Charli XCX / Declan McKenna / AJ Tracey

Dance: My Nu Leng     Pit: Sleeping With Sirens     FR: Yungblud     1XTRA: Hoodie Allen

SATURDAY

Main: Drake / The Streets / The Hunna / You Me At Six / Halestorm / Twin Atlantic / The Neighbourhood / Basement / Yonaka

R1: Blossoms / Rat Boy / Wiley / Marmozets / NAO

Dance: Gorgon City     Pit: The Distillers     FR: Tom Walker     1XTRA: Lady Leshurr

SUNDAY

Main: Twenty One Pilots + A Day To Remember (coheadline) / Giggs / Enter Shikari / PVRIS / Miles Kane / The Amazons / Black Honey / Little Simz

R1: Frank Ocean / Loyle Carner / Jack Garratt / MNEK / Tom Misch

Dance: Feed Me     The Lock Up: Against The Current     FR: Cigarettes After Sex     1XTRA: Vince Staples

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Hmmm, let's try this again

FRIDAY

Main: The 1975 / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Khalid / Circa Waves / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Tonight Alive / Pale Waves / Spring King / Drenge

R1: Mura Masa / Jorja Smith / Charli XCX / Declan McKenna / AJ Tracey

Dance: My Nu Leng     Pit: Sleeping With Sirens     FR: Yungblud     1XTRA: Hoodie Allen

SATURDAY

Main: Drake / The Streets / The Hunna / You Me At Six / Halestorm / Twin Atlantic / The Neighbourhood / Basement / Yonaka

R1: Blossoms / Rat Boy / Wiley / Marmozets / NAO

Dance: Gorgon City     Pit: The Distillers     FR: Tom Walker     1XTRA: Lady Leshurr

SUNDAY

Main: Twenty One Pilots + A Day To Remember (coheadline) / Giggs / Enter Shikari / PVRIS / Miles Kane / The Amazons / Black Honey / Little Simz

R1: Frank Ocean / Loyle Carner / Jack Garratt / MNEK / Tom Misch

Dance: Feed Me     The Lock Up: Against The Current     FR: Cigarettes After Sex     1XTRA: Vince Staples

Looks alright but there's no way Frank Ocean would headline the R1 stage. Doubt he'd be booked at all but he would be at least main stage sub, maybe even (co)headliner with some new material.

55 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

ADTR are big enough to co-headline but won’t because they will headline Download next time out. 

I was thinking that both BMTH and ADTR would be about next summer, and I think ADTR would take the coheadline alot (but BMTH would want a solo top spot, which they could get in Download but maybe not at Reading).

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Why would ADTR be headlining? Why not just Twenty One Pilots on their own? Makes no sense.

I think ADTR could coheadline tbh, they'd be a weaker coheadliner but surely no weaker than Disclosure or Panic

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Looks alright but there's no way Frank Ocean would headline the R1 stage. Doubt he'd be booked at all but he would be at least main stage sub, maybe even (co)headliner with some new material.

Really damn, never thought he was that successful (like I know he's been critically acclaimed but always viewed him as a similar size to Lorde and Janelle).

Especially as he headlined Parklife last year with Skepta right? (In saying that I guess Skeptas dropped off since then but IDK).