2019 festival

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I reckon a 21 Pilots/BMTH coheadline could be on the cards. Would actually work well as a proper coheadline, each act closing a night, not just a glorified sub.

I'm starting to think the same. As much as Download should be pushing BMTH up to headliners, I think Download will go for the biggest bands available next year (e.g. Rammstein, Slipknot and Kiss), leaving BMTH for R&L. 

Bring Me The Horizon + Twenty One Pilots (co-headline) 

The 1975 

Drake 

1 hour ago, TheDHolford said:

Liam Gallagher (if his new album is out by then, he's easily in with a shout)/ Courteeners

Twenty One Pilots/Paramore (Co-headline)/ Blossoms or someone similar

Drake (headliner)/ Stormzy

i can't see courteeners playing next year because they are playing this year.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

alt-J haven't grown since they subbed in 2015. I'd say Radio 1 headliner would be the best they'd get nowadays.

You think? Was just throwing them in there because of the whole remixed album and UK/EU tour coming soon. You're probably right thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

You think? Was just throwing them in there because of the whole remixed album and UK/EU tour coming soon. You're probably right thinking about it.

Relaxer flopped and I doubt this new remix album will boost them much, if at all. Doubt they'll be booked next year anyway, but I've been thinking they could be R1 headliners in a couple of years after a (proper) new studio album.

Bit surprised no one is talking about Royal Blood for next year given that they were almost universally tipped to headline R+L in 2018. Do people think they'll be recording album 3 in 2019 rather than touring?

Edited by danz026

7 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Bit surprised no one is talking about Royal Blood for next year given that they were almost universally tipped to headline R+L in 2018. Do people think they'll be recording album 3 in 2019 rather than recording?

I mean, I can see Royal Blood recording but I can also see them recording instead. Depends on if they want to record or record I guess and we won't know for a while.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I mean, I can see Royal Blood recording but I can also see them recording instead. Depends on if they want to record or record I guess and we won't know for a while.

Yeah but on the flip side, its quite possible that they'll take a break from playing live to play live.

I'd rather they weren't, they did 2013 and 2016 and I think they're over-saturating themselves if they do 2019 when the only new release is an Unplugged album.

Royal Blood / Bring Me The Horizon co-headline (actually co-headlining)
Paramore subbed by Twenty One Pilots
Drake subbed by Stormzy (if he has a new album)

I'm not a fan of Drake at all but you can't deny he'd draw. Some combination like that would give a good spread, RB/BMTH for the rock crowd, Drake for the rap crowd, Paramore for the pop crowd. Tailor each day well enough and they'll sell that out no problem.

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

I'd rather they weren't, they did 2013 and 2016 and I think they're over-saturating themselves if they do 2019 when the only new release is an Unplugged album.

Royal Blood / Bring Me The Horizon co-headline (actually co-headlining)
Paramore subbed by Twenty One Pilots
Drake subbed by Stormzy (if he has a new album)

I'm not a fan of Drake at all but you can't deny he'd draw. Some combination like that would give a good spread, RB/BMTH for the rock crowd, Drake for the rap crowd, Paramore for the pop crowd. Tailor each day well enough and they'll sell that out no problem.

TBH FR would be stupid to have that lineup. They could easily get away with only having half those acts and getting some cheaper subs.

Plus I don't see R&L booking Paramore, considering it seems as though they are free this year and they didn't get them (and by next summer it will be the 3rd year touring After Laughter)