2019 festival

I think it was the 2017 thread where people were hoping that You me at six play  the album take off your colours in full... 

Well they are going to play two nights at Brixton academy in November with one night playing that album in full. Guess there is still hope for them to play this at Reading, but probably unlikely due to their new album.

They are going to drop two songs next week, and the album is due October 17th. 

Edited by Stuielooie

4 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

I think it was the 2017 thread where people were hoping that You me at six play  the album take off your colours in full... 

Well they are going to play two nights at Brixton academy in November with one night playing that album in full. Guess there is still hope for them to play this at Reading, but probably unlikely due to their new album.

That’s me at Brixton then. 

5 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

They're already doing that at Download though aren't they?

On 6/1/2018 at 11:13 AM, Properbigfan said:

I’d be gutted if that radio 2 Music was headlining 

Just spotted this. She headlined Radio 1's event of Biggest Weekend last week while Liam Gallagher was playing the Radio 2 event at the same time. And her new single is on the Radio 1's A list yet not on Radio 2's playlist at all. So that label hasn't really got anything behind it and she'd be more than suitable.

6 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Could Janelle Monae play or would she not fit?

I would definitely go to see her and she would be a main choice but not going to happen at Reading as I'm in the minority. I don't even know and song names really either but the show she puts on is worth it.

I expect IDLES to turn up again next year, just announced a new album on 31st August. Headlining institutes is a big step up from libraries and small bars on their last tour (only this April I saw them in Coventry Library). Tickets are £19 so they're definitely getting bigger than I thought they were atm. I'd say by next year they'd be mid NME or FR subs/possibly headliner???

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I expect IDLES to turn up again next year, just announced a new album on 31st August. Headlining institutes is a big step up from libraries and small bars on their last tour (only this April I saw them in Coventry Library). Tickets are £19 so they're definitely getting bigger than I thought they were atm. I'd say by next year they'd be mid NME or FR subs/possibly headliner???

New tracks are sick. I'll be there wherever they are. Not sure they'll be big enough to headline a stage yet mind.

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

New tracks are sick. I'll be there wherever they are. Not sure they'll be big enough to headline a stage yet mind.

Headlining FR wouldn't be too strange. Would be shit though, as a spot on a bigger stage earlier on would mean less sacrifice and the crowd they deserve.

12 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Quick question. Have the stages ever changed size? And if so any reason why?

I seem to remember people saying the NME decreased in size from it's original size. Not sure why, I'd guess it was when they added 1Xtra and needed space maybe? Someone else will have to clarify.

I would like to see bastille co-headline with catfish and the bottlemen next year on the Friday.

for Saturday i would like to see drake headline the main stage.

for sunday i would like to see arctic monkeys closing  the fest that is they don't appear at glasto.