2019 festival

Yeah no need to rush them back so soon. Give it another year to get a full album release and they'd be a welcome headliner alongside a pair of new ones for me. Not going to predict because who fucking knows if we're dragging Kings of Leon out of the depths and having Panic as a headliner-but-not-really.

45 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Yeah no need to rush them back so soon. Give it another year to get a full album release and they'd be a welcome headliner alongside a pair of new ones for me. Not going to predict because who fucking knows if we're dragging Kings of Leon out of the depths and having Panic as a headliner-but-not-really.

Kings of Leon are still a headliner though. Biffy are preparing for life on the medium sized festival circuit.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Kings of Leon are still a headliner though. Biffy are preparing for life on the medium sized festival circuit.

I don’t buy this whenever you bring it up :P Biffy are still an arena band and would still headline R&L. 

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Manic Street Preachers haven’t headlined Download and R&L in the last two years. 

R&L aren’t going to bump them down the lineup. 

You’re right, they haven’t. But they have headlined Reading and Leeds, and then never headlined again.

I’m not saying Reading and Leeds will “bump” Biffy down the lineup, in fact I’m saying they won’t book them at all and Y Not will.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Manic Street Preachers haven’t headlined Download and R&L in the last two years. 

R&L aren’t going to bump them down the lineup. 

They will eventually but I agree not yet. Anyone get a ticket for their full acoustic tour?, finally going to Royal Albert Hall.

7 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Not sure if he’s been mentioned but surely Liam Gallagher has to be in with a chance of headlining or at the very least co headlining, it’ll sell stupidly well 

Saw him the other night at the Biggest Weekend and was thinking the same thing all through it. New album out this year so he'd defi itely be in with a shout for 2019.

3 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Surely not another album this year, the last one came out end of last year....

I've just had a quick search and looks as if the article I read has vanished. I found an NME article saying he's been in the studio and says he's working on a new album, but doesn't say this year so yeah I probably wouldn't expect it this year actually.

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Not sure if he’s been mentioned but surely Liam Gallagher has to be in with a chance of headlining or at the very least co headlining, it’ll sell stupidly well 

He's spread pretty thin this year. I can't see another Liam Gallagher headline set next year selling all that well.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He's spread pretty thin this year. I can't see another Liam Gallagher headline set next year selling all that well.

You realise he sold out Finsbury Park in seconds and there’s probably a new album by the time Reading 2019 kicks off? 

Completely out there with Nine Inch Nails headlining but I'd love them too and they easily could, especially with the upcoming album.

Friday:

Main: Florence + The Machine//Skepta//Enter Shikari//Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals//Arcane Roots//This Wild Life//Sunflower Bean//Fang Club

R1: Tyler, The Creator//The Amazons//Rat Boy//Drenge//Preoccupations

Dance: Disciples

LU: Eagles Of Death Metal//Overkill/Catch 22

FR: Declan McKenna//Big Thief//Kevin Morby

1Xtra: 6LACK//Earthgang//Avelino

Saturday:

Main: The 1975/Bring Me The Horizon//Jamie T//Bombay Bicycle Club//The Menzingers//Marmozets//The Magic Gang//Soccer Mommy//Anteros

R1: Tame Impala//Rae Sremmurd//Sundara Karma//MoStack//Parquet Courts

Dance: Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike

Pit: Serj Tankian//Every Time I Die//Rolo Tomassi

FR: Scouting For Girls//The Smith Street Band//Alex Lahey

1Xtra: Kano//Pell//Taylor Bennett

Sunday:

Main: Nine Inch Nails//The Prodigy//A$AP Rocky//Everything Everything//August Burns Red//Good Charlotte//CKY//The Big Moon//Turnstile

R1: Blossoms//Friendly Fires//Lil Uzi Vert//Car Seat Headrest//Miles Kane

Dance: Alesso

Pit:  Less Than Jake//The Wonder Years//Young Guns

FR: Temples//Surf Curse//Ty Segall

1Xtra: JME//Rejjie Snow//Injury Reserve

16 minutes ago, danz026 said:

You realise he sold out Finsbury Park in seconds and there’s probably a new album by the time Reading 2019 kicks off? 

Yeah that was the first of his gigs announced for this summer. He's announced five more now with varying degrees of interest.

I don't see this being an upward curve, frankly. People got tired of seeing Noel for the Oasis classics and they will Liam too.

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Completely out there with Nine Inch Nails headlining but I'd love them too and they easily could, especially with the upcoming album.

Friday:

Main: Florence + The Machine//Skepta//Enter Shikari//Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals//Arcane Roots//This Wild Life//Sunflower Bean//Fang Club

R1: Tyler, The Creator//The Amazons//Rat Boy//Drenge//Preoccupations

Dance: Disciples

LU: Eagles Of Death Metal//Overkill/Catch 22

FR: Declan McKenna//Big Thief//Kevin Morby

1Xtra: 6LACK//Earthgang//Avelino

Saturday:

Main: The 1975/Bring Me The Horizon//Jamie T//Bombay Bicycle Club//The Menzingers//Marmozets//The Magic Gang//Soccer Mommy//Anteros

R1: Tame Impala//Rae Sremmurd//Sundara Karma//MoStack//Parquet Courts

Dance: Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike

Pit: Serj Tankian//Every Time I Die//Rolo Tomassi

FR: Scouting For Girls//The Smith Street Band//Alex Lahey

1Xtra: Kano//Pell//Taylor Bennett

Sunday:

Main: Nine Inch Nails//The Prodigy//A$AP Rocky//Everything Everything//August Burns Red//Good Charlotte//CKY//The Big Moon//Turnstile

R1: Blossoms//Friendly Fires//Lil Uzi Vert//Car Seat Headrest//Miles Kane

Dance: Alesso

Pit:  Less Than Jake//The Wonder Years//Young Guns

FR: Temples//Surf Curse//Ty Segall

1Xtra: JME//Rejjie Snow//Injury Reserve

It's definitely an 'out there' prediction.

Nine Inch Nails couldn't headline R+L. They drew a small crowd when returning from hiatus.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's definitely an 'out there' prediction.

Nine Inch Nails couldn't headline R+L. They drew a small crowd when returning from hiatus.

Ah really? I'd assumed it was a large one for some reason, nevermind. Been seeing them high up the bill at a few other fests and though it was possible.

Edited by TheWaters