2019 festival

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why did he play Wireless or The Big Chill or the Paradise International Music Festival in Manila? Starts with 'M' and rhymes with "uh-huh honey".

Different era Ye, and it’s quite markable.

He’s quite clearly not the same character he was then and very much not in the same position. 

13 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Different era Ye, and it’s quite markable.

He’s quite clearly not the same character he was then and very much not in the same position. 

Yeah you may be right, but there's nothing strong to indicate his tour intentions either way at the moment as far as I can see. And this is still well early days for 2019's festival and we are flipping our predictions every time an artist updates their Instagram so probably not worth analysing too deeply.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah you may be right, but there's nothing strong to indicate his tour intentions either way at the moment as far as I can see. And this is still well early days for 2019's festival and people are flipping their predictions every time an artist updates their Instagram so probably not worth analysing too deeply.

Yeah, no negative towards Gucci, its something multiple people have suggested, I thought Gucci would probably give one of the better answers to a genuine question  but I just really can’t see him doing any festivals.

If we eventually get a visit, I can see it being classic London/Manchester indoor and nothing else.

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

6 hours ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Yeah, no negative towards Gucci, its something multiple people have suggested, I thought Gucci would probably give one of the better answers to a genuine question  but I just really can’t see him doing any festivals.

If we eventually get a visit, I can see it being classic London/Manchester indoor and nothing else.

Tbh I've just been struggling to think of a marquee headliner for R&L as I think Arctic Monkeys will do Glasto. I also think they'll want to go for another hip-hop headliner so he covers both bases (as would Drake who I mentioned the other day but as dental said he'd probably just do stadiums instead).

He could do arenas followed by festivals like Kendrick did. In 2015 he came over to do a one off Glastonbury show which, whilst not the same as playing R&L, shows he's happy to come and play festivals here.

I just think he's someone they'd go all out to try and book, and whilst he may not be up for it it's not like there are many other big headliners that seem likely.

On 4/20/2018 at 10:15 AM, Gucci Piggy said:

Tbh I've just been struggling to think of a marquee headliner for R&L as I think Arctic Monkeys will do Glasto. I also think they'll want to go for another hip-hop headliner so he covers both bases (as would Drake who I mentioned the other day but as dental said he'd probably just do stadiums instead).

He could do arenas followed by festivals like Kendrick did. In 2015 he came over to do a one off Glastonbury show which, whilst not the same as playing R&L, shows he's happy to come and play festivals here.

I just think he's someone they'd go all out to try and book, and whilst he may not be up for it it's not like there are many other big headliners that seem likely.

John Marquis to headline R&L. Would be a good marquee headliner imo.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dr Mantis Toboggan said:

That article doesn't suggest a reunion is forthcoming at all. Just that Anselmo would do it if he had to, and of course he would.

In the unlikely event they buried the hatchet, a reunited Pantera would play Download or maybe headline Bloodstock if they're not too big. They're so far removed from anything going on at R+L nowadays that it wouldn't even be an option.

• 2 weeks later...