2019 festival

Florence + The Machine, Tame Impala, Bombay Bicycle Club, Peace, Lil Uzi Vert, Boston Manor

A$AP Rocky, Circa Waves, Bugzy Malone

The 1975/Royal Blood, CHVRCHES, Glass Animals, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Drenge

Enter Shikari, Lower Than Atlantis, Kali Uchis

Arctic Monkeys, Childish Gambino, Architects, Cage The Elephant, Loyle Carner, IDLES

MGMT, Rat Boy, Tom Misch (Live)

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Florence + The Machine, Tame Impala, Bombay Bicycle Club, Peace, Lil Uzi Vert, Boston Manor

A$AP Rocky, Circa Waves, Bugzy Malone

The 1975/Royal Blood, CHVRCHES, Glass Animals, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Drenge

Enter Shikari, Lower Than Atlantis, Kali Uchis

Arctic Monkeys, Childish Gambino, Architects, Cage The Elephant, Loyle Carner, IDLES

MGMT, Rat Boy, Tom Misch (Live)

Seems almost too strong imo.

1 minute ago, RussellFM said:

You think Kendrick Lamar would perform two consecutive years here?

No.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

New Drake album in June. If he's touring next Summer I think he's a big contender.

He's always got a new album/mixtape/playlist. And he tours Europe most summers. Don't see what this changes other than he's now in the front of your mind again.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He's always got a new album/mixtape/playlist. And he tours Europe most summers. Don't see what this changes other than he's now in the front of your mind again.

Does he always tour those, though? I'm not into Drake at all so I have no idea, but I thought an actual studio album (not that I understand the difference between that and a playlist or whatever) would be more likely to get him over to Europe for festivals. As far as I can tell from googling, his last tour was to support Views (which wiki tells me was a studio album).

Anyway the main point was that he now has a confirmed release coming. Even if he does that often and we would have been expecting one between now and Summer 2019, just letting people know that's now confirmed.

1 hour ago, Properbigfan said:

Do you think he’d go down well?

Yeah he'd go down perfectly.

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The 1975 / Catfish, Drake, BMTH / 21 Pilots

Don't see why The 1975 should share a headline slot with this year's YNOT/Kendall Calling/Boardmasters headliners. If Catfish wanted to be headlining R&L in 2019 I think their management will have known/been advised not to take those offers.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Does he always tour those, though? I'm not into Drake at all so I have no idea, but I thought an actual studio album (not that I understand the difference between that and a playlist or whatever) would be more likely to get him over to Europe for festivals. As far as I can tell from googling, his last tour was to support Views (which wiki tells me was a studio album).

Anyway the main point was that he now has a confirmed release coming. Even if he does that often and we would have been expecting one between now and Summer 2019, just letting people know that's now confirmed.

Welp. You're right. I still think he'll do stadium shows next time he's doing summer shows though. He did eight nights at the O2 so he'd be daft not to.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Welp. You're right. I still think he'll do stadium shows next time he's doing summer shows though. He did eight nights at the O2 so he'd be daft not to.

Yeah I'd expect him to do stadiums actually. Was thinking he could do both but that'd obviously mean him coming over twice that Summer. I'm struggling to think of a big headliner for R&L really as I think Arctic Monkeys will do Glasto. If we get definite word on a Kanye album then I'd lob him in.

Edit: Well not "obviously", but most stadium shows are early Summer.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

I think they could have got Arcade Fire or Florence over FOB if they wanted this year, so I assume are still going for the Kerrang crowd. So I think even if it's just TOP, they'll go for a headliner like that.

Edited by Steve1000

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I'd expect him to do stadiums actually. Was thinking he could do both but that'd obviously mean him coming over twice that Summer. I'm struggling to think of a big headliner for R&L really as I think Arctic Monkeys will do Glasto. If we get definite word on a Kanye album then I'd lob him in.

Edit: Well not "obviously", but most stadium shows are early Summer.

Plus when he can get £10m for a couple of stadium shows or something, it's gonna make R+L snagging him very hard.

I think Arctic Monkeys for Glasto next year is the same sorta thing where we all agreed with each other that Foo Fighters were definitely doing R+L this year when it turned out to be way off the mark. It makes more sense to me that they do R+L what with being able to receive more money for the two shows and the way their tour is set out this year meaning that they'll have already done every festival around Glastonbury and would probably spend next June/July out touring America.

Edited by dentalplan

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Plus when he can get £10m for a couple of stadium shows or something, it's gonna make R+L snagging him very hard.

I think Arctic Monkeys for Glasto next year is the same sorta thing where we all agreed with each other that Foo Fighters were definitely doing R+L this year when it turned out to be way off the mark. It makes more sense to me that they do R+L what with being able to receive more money for the two shows and the way their tour is set out this year meaning that they'll have already done every festival around Glastonbury and would probably spend next June/July out touring America.

I don't think it's the same thing, we expected Foo's to come back but in reality they still so have big UK shows and the US tour while it left space made no guarantee.

Arctics have made a point in cashing in big on their arena tour, it could quite easily lead to a couple of outdoor shows June time next year. If they want to do America, there is Coachella Bonnaroo and Governor's Ball for e.g. leaving Glastonbury and time still to do UK dates.

Going to throw in my prediction; Royal Blood/1975, Florence and then Kanye West album dependent. Kind of based this in turn off my 2020 prediction i did about 2 minutes ago however thinking about it, seems more likely that AM are in 2019 honestly.

19 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Kanye just announced a solo album and a joint album with Kid Cudi coming out on June 1st and June 8th respectively. Surely boosts his chances for next year? Would love him there.

I'd also love him there, but I'm not too confident he'll be booked (for 2019 at least). Most R&L headliners have some sort of history with the festival before headlining - the last time a headliner was booked without ever playing the festival before was Linkin Park in 2003 (someone correct me if I'm wrong there). Kanye has never played the festival before and, given his unpredictable live reputation, I'm not sure R&L will take the risk to book him. Think it's more likely they'd go for Drake if they want a big hip hop headliner and he's available.

Of course I'm not suggesting that this is a rule that the festival will forever abide by - if a suitable headliner is available that's never played the festival I doubt they'd turn them down. Kanye would be a great ticket shifter too given how few shows he's done this side of the pond in recent years. Just a bit sceptical.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'd also love him there, but I'm not too confident he'll be booked (for 2019 at least). Most R&L headliners have some sort of history with the festival before headlining - the last time a headliner was booked without ever playing the festival before was Linkin Park in 2003 (someone correct me if I'm wrong there). Kanye has never played the festival before and, given his unpredictable live reputation, I'm not sure R&L will take the risk to book him. Think it's more likely they'd go for Drake if they want a big hip hop headliner.

Of course I'm not suggesting that this is a rule that the festival will forever abide by - if a suitable headliner is available that's never played the festival I doubt they'd turn them down. Kanye would be a great ticket shifter too given how few shows he's done this side of the pond in recent years. Just a bit sceptical.

Drake's possibly too big though.

FR have history with Kanye anyway. He played the last ever Big Chill and the dual-site Wireless Festival, so not exactly a happy history.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Going to throw in my prediction; Royal Blood/1975, Florence and then Kanye West album dependent. Kind of based this in turn off my 2020 prediction i did about 2 minutes ago however thinking about it, seems more likely that AM are in 2019 honestly.

The 1975 headlining 2 years in a row? Quallo.

• Upvote 1