2019 festival

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Imma go for

The 1975 + Stormzy

Arctic Monkeys

BMTH

With The 1975 subbing glasto

Take Arctics out and that would not surprise me. I've thought The 1975 to sub Glasto and co-headline but then I think Glasto right now for a reasonable set would be best going for The 1975 and in which case Reading may be waiting a year.

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I think Stormzy is going to headline Glastonbury. I know that feels like a stretch right now but by the time the fest rolls around I think he could pull it off. 

If he wasn't 2nd down last year on Other I'd maybe agree but I don't think he'll go from dance, to Other sub to Pyramid in 3 straight Glasto years. If they get FM and Arctics though I wouldn't put it past them.

29 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Take Arctics out and that would not surprise me. I've thought The 1975 to sub Glasto and co-headline but then I think Glasto right now for a reasonable set would be best going for The 1975 and in which case Reading may be waiting a year.

If he wasn't 2nd down last year on Other I'd maybe agree but I don't think he'll go from dance, to Other sub to Pyramid in 3 straight Glasto years. If they get FM and Arctics though I wouldn't put it past them.

Mumford and Sons went from 3rd down John Peel to sub Other to headline Pyramid in 3 straight festivals (there was obviously a fallow year between the last two, same as there would be for Stormzy), so I guess it's not out of the equation.

If he gets his second album out in time I'd like to see them go for it. They should at least try to get one of him/Kendrick (can't see them booking both).

31 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Mumford and Sons went from 3rd down John Peel to sub Other to headline Pyramid in 3 straight festivals (there was obviously a fallow year between the last two, same as there would be for Stormzy), so I guess it's not out of the equation.

If he gets his second album out in time I'd like to see them go for it. They should at least try to get one of him/Kendrick (can't see them booking both).

I reckon Stormzy is much more likely than Kendrick. As much as Kendrick’s a bigger act, I think he’s less likely to take the reduced fee and would be a much more controversial booking with Neil Lonsdale and the other gammon lads. I’d originally thought The 1975 for Glastonbury and Stormzy for R&L but now thinking it’ll end up being the other way round.

59 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Hmm that's a fair shout and tbh Stormzy is the kind of up and coming act I'd be on about, whether they see him as there yet who knows. If they got The 1975 and those other two/Madonna in place or Mac then considering it's the 50th coming up I reckon there could be no complaints about that.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I reckon Stormzy is much more likely than Kendrick. As much as Kendrick’s a bigger act, I think he’s less likely to take the reduced fee and would be a much more controversial booking with Neil Lonsdale and the other gammon lads. I’d originally thought The 1975 for Glastonbury and Stormzy for R&L but now thinking it’ll end up being the other way round.

Yeah I definitely feel you on the fee. Just depends on whether he/his management would see the benefits outweighing the reduced fee.

I agree with where you're at now in terms of The 1975/Stormzy. Think Stormzy has more mass appeal and his celebrity status would make him look more at home than The 1975 as a Glasto headliner. I mean, the man beat out Ed Sheeran to win best album and best male solo artist at the BRITS. That's pretty mad. If he has a new album out in time I'm starting to think it could be very likely.

37 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Hmm that's a fair shout and tbh Stormzy is the kind of up and coming act I'd be on about, whether they see him as there yet who knows. If they got The 1975 and those other two/Madonna in place or Mac then considering it's the 50th coming up I reckon there could be no complaints about that.

Yeah I agree he's the kind of up and comer that they could take a chance on. As I said earlier in this post I think he has the celebrity status to make himself look less out of place as a Glasto headliner than other up and comers who we've considered in previous years (The 1975, Foals, Florence and the Machine). I definitely think Stormzy at Glasto and The 1975 at R&L makes more sense than the other way around (The 1975 couls easily end up playing a sub slot at Glasto, too).

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I definitely feel you on the fee. Just depends on whether he/his management would see the benefits outweighing the reduced fee.

I agree with where you're at now in terms of The 1975/Stormzy. Think Stormzy has more mass appeal and his celebrity status would make him look more at home than The 1975 as a Glasto headliner. I mean, the man beat out Ed Sheeran to win best album and best male solo artist at the BRITS. That's pretty mad. If he has a new album out in time I'm starting to think it could be very likely.

Yeah I agree he's the kind of up and comer that they could take a chance on. As I said earlier in this post I think he has the celebrity status to make himself look less out of place as a Glasto headliner than other up and comers who we've considered in previous years (The 1975, Foals, Florence and the Machine). I definitely think Stormzy at Glasto and The 1975 at R&L makes more sense than the other way around (The 1975 couls easily end up playing a sub slot at Glasto, too).

I'd love to see Flo, FM and Arctics.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Glasto: Stormzy, Arctic Monkeys, Fleetwood Mac or Madonna (plus The 1975 as a sub)

R&L: BMTH/21P, Kanye or Drake, The 1975

I think The 1975 would have to co-headline Reading, I don't think you're getting away with a full place shit up from Glasto even though co-head is the same time but still.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

1975/Royal Blood, Florence, Blink-182

RB and 1975 seem obvious choices and could easily co-head, Florence has just made a return and should be doing more festivals next summer and had to throw in an irrelevant past-it band and it was between Blink and Green Day.

Dunno why Royal Blood would be an obvious choice by summer 2019, doubt they'll still be touring.

17 hours ago, Aech said:

I reckon Royal Blood and Catfish are/will be too big by then, co-headliner status. Then again Panic! aren't big enough to co-head with Kendrick so who knows.

I reckon you'd get away with Royal Blood booked as sub below Foos, even though I agree they could headline. Just think it's be a good stop gap for them before headlining on album 3 if they aren't about this year.

22 hours ago, Aech said:

I reckon Royal Blood and Catfish are/will be too big by then, co-headliner status. Then again Panic! aren't big enough to co-head with Kendrick so who knows.

Panic shouldn't co headline generally but since Kendrick could of just headlined outright, its kind of okay I guess it just looks like they are clogging a slot up really.

Bring Me The Horizon / A Day To Remember / Chvrches / Anderson Paak & The Free Nationals / Parkway Drive / Marmozets

Blossoms / Grimes / Dave

Arctic Monkeys / The Black Keys / Run The Jewels / The Hunna / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / New Found Glory

Asap Rocky / Neck Deep / Pale Waves

The 1975 + Stormzy / Bombay Bicycle Club / Limp Bizkit / Bullet For My Valentine / The Amazons

Enter Shikari / Pvris / Charlie XCX

Edited by Steve1000
  • Like 2