East Camper 'Family'

Swine_Glasto2014

On 03/06/2017 at 10:25 PM, EasyUserName said:

I can't see it working for 2019 personally.  It is the first year they've sold the tickets with such labels.  In the past, I've been asked (& also not asked). 

If it really means you're closer to the gate this year, all it will mean in 2019 is for "family" to sell out first, as everyone will buy that first.  Might as well say "Bath & West (furthest)", "East Far" and "East Near".

a valid point well made...

it was why i said i didnt really know what constitutes 'family'.. we have turned up with the same surname on tickets but daughters are clearly not children and they have allowed us into E19, E23, E24.

i dont believe it will effect me too badly as we arrive on Tuesday early pm.. and unless you are in the far reaches of E14,15,16 or 17 it isnt a great deal further than the back of E19.. (and anyway, it just means you drink 2 breakfast beers rather than 1 before you get to the gate...)

• 2 weeks later...

I 'think' we bought standard campervan tickets. We got them in a resale but family weren't available. I didn't want to risk waiting to see if they would, so bought a standard cv east ticket. But it will be obvious when we arrive that we are a family, due to the small size of 3 of our passengers. Will they be sticklers and park us further away? 

With regards to noise levels etc, we've been parked up adjacent to the fence in previous years (camp Kerala?), and the noise was shocking. The babes sleep through anything, luckily. It was just me unable to sleep due to husbands snoring and the noise from the site (#gettingoldobviously)