Fatboys 2017 secret sets

Franky

5 minutes ago, Franky said:

I'm still going with DJ Kaylord, stage seems about right, time seems about right and the name has a certain Fatboy humour to it.

Also I like the fact it was Squirrel's first attempt :)

I will also see if I can catch Kaylord

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, the name seems fatboy to me, not exactly sure why but it defo does.

although it's just occurred to me that maybe it's a dj with a name related to his recreational likings. Which presumably wouldn't be norm (tho I can't say I know his likings).

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

although it's just occurred to me that maybe it's a dj with a name related to his recreational likings. Which presumably wouldn't be norm (tho I can't say I know his likings).

The thought had also occured to me but with nothing on google about DJ Kaylord I am sticking with Slim, either way I aint doing anything else at 21:00 on Wed night so I think i'm sold. Could be the greatest DJ ever to play the festival.

A secret Fatboy set is a bit of a recent tradition for the wife and I.

Until 2013 she had missed out on the whole clubbing / rave scene. In fact the only clubs and DJs she had experienced were those Friday night meat-market places. They didn't suit her any more than they suited me. Clubs and DJs were tacky awful things in her mind.

2013 I spotted the secret Fatboy set in the Beat Hotel in the listings. I've a soft spot for him from the late 90's and I'm looking forward to a reliving the good old days. We're there in advance anyway as we're at JP before so we catch Tim Burgess' set beforehand. Its fun. Jagwar Ma were superb earlier in JP and spirits are high. 

The wife, bless her, can be a bit of a talker. But during the Fatboy Slim set she didn't turn around once. She had never seen anyone play that way and that afternoon she became a child of the beat.

So I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to keep the tradition running.,

3 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

If it's good enough for Hugh... my post from last year:

"How have you never seen him at Glasto before?  He plays at least 15 sets over the weekend every year.  You cannot walk into a tent without seeing a FS set.  He's playing a secret set at the Growler stall this year and finishing on the Monday morning in an ice cream van playing the chimes as everyone is leaving site."

Nice work.

4 hours ago, morph100 said:

Yeah thats the way to do it, just need a few people with time on their hands......

Although it doesn't always work. In 2013 I was googling the bands on in the Rabbit Hole as they often have secret sets up there. On at the same time as the Stones was a band called 'The Railing Stains'. Bingo I thought, only to be disappointed when there turned out to be a Stones covers band from the West Country by that name. Only it wasn't them and it was a secret set (can't remember who by, but it could well have been Fatboy).

The Stones covers band were the first band to be announced for 2014 when the Rabbit Hole booked them as an apology for their mistake. :)

4 hours ago, alexc said:

Hmm playing this game I haven't found a Fatboy set but seem to have found a secret Craig David set. Stonebridge, Saturday, 7pm. '#FMI'. 

Nice spot. Not a Craig David fan myself, but that's not the point.

2 hours ago, JulieR said:

Which stage is Kaylord on at 9pm? I can't see it anywhere 

It was on the SHITV one I think, however ! I have noticed that DJ Kaylord is not listed on the EE app anywhere in the artist section ! 

On 6/1/2017 at 3:22 PM, mattiosmith said:

Same! My mate just told me they'd just got engaged at the festival too so I was super hyped, well worth missing Tame Impala for!

I went to this too it was fucking amazing, I knew I'd enjoy Fatboy Slim but never that much I just was left wanting more.

19 hours ago, DickButkis said:

Anyone know if secret glasto will give an update on these sets or is it strictly you find them by accident?

We may do but depends on how accurate the rumour is. No point sending people on a wild goose chase if it's not going to be true.

Also saw him last year. Amazing set. More recently, last Sunday, I stepped out my front door only for him to walk by me and into my local pub across the road. In that moment all I could think of to say was "alright mate" to which he replied the same.

Wish I saw this post beforehand.

Got a bit of a spanner to put in the works ! FBS will have started his Residency at Amnesia Ibiza and is playing there Thursday 22nd so really cant see him on the festival site until at least the Friday night at a push more likely Saturday.  

Im gonna say any secret sets will come after his headline slot on the Saturday night or on Sunday.