Sortable / filterable excel lineup

notverynick

Hi Guys,

I'm new here so hello to everyone. I'm attaching a spreadsheet as per the thread title.

SHITV Stage is called "Hell TV" as the stage name proved troublesome with my automated processing.

I will post updates as the lineup changes toward the festival and after 4 years finally I have an automated process that means I can make this excel in 2 minutes. So please if you find this useful, check back for updates.

This is accurate as of 3:30PM EDT May 31st.

Please share as far and wide as you like, but also please credit me when doing so via this post or by name @notverynick

Thanks and hope this is helpful!

Nick

EDIT: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxaiIvngD-boSDVsNFJxM21FZkU now on Google Drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxaiIvngD-boUVhGek9wVkEwSUU

Edited by eFestivals

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I do love an excel sheet but what can your sheet do that clashfinder can't?

It can be manipulated and saved to your phone, so you have an idea of what and where you want to see. I've used it the last 2 years to make sure that if I don't know what to do, then I know what to do.

Edit: I'll keep my excel over Clashfinder. I'm sure the site is great but for my personal use case it's not fit for purpose. We also use it to go through the lineup we did try this with clashfinder and it didn't hold up to a simple old excel sheet.

Edited by notverynick
Visited Clashfinder

9 minutes ago, Franky said:

Erm so it just comes up as a list of the acts ? No clash facility that I can see ?

Same here - I know I can reorder the excel and I'm capable of doing lots of stuff with it, but... but... clashfinder (sorry, that's not helpful).  I do love that you've (edit: you, as in the original poster) created something, and that you've come on here to share it - and I like the idea of more control than what clashfinder offers.  For me though this is an excellent resource, but pretty much a blank slate in terms of functionality (great if you've time).

7 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Its too hard to follow the clashfinder when youve got all the stages on

When I get to the point of printing it out I try to limit to just the stages I'm likely to be interested in - so 'should' be viewable.  I print late-night and main-stages versions too as it allows the main stages version to fill the whole width without having to show hours when nothings on.  It's obviously crap for things like cabaret, but I can live with that.

Edited by p.pete

13 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It's always the big 5 at the top. Click on "clashfinder" then "customise" then "stages" and you can deselect any stages you don't want on there. Then tick "include stages you have selected an act on" just in case someone pops up on a stage you wouldn't normally bother about.

You can also click on "view" the "itinerary" to get it in a list as opposed to a flowchart type thing

are we talking about the same thing??

also how do I add the gully to it? 

52 minutes ago, Franky said:

This is nice for sitting at work and wasting time :) but at the festival isnt the app just easier to use ?

Not necessarily.

Having something in spreadsheet format gives you ultimate flexibility to manipulate / reuse how you want.

For example - I'll end up cutting down the lineup to the 100 or so acts I'm most interested in, and then importing the data into Google Calendar, which integrates more cleanly with my phone and uses far less battery.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Not necessarily.

Having something in spreadsheet format gives you ultimate flexibility to manipulate / reuse how you want.

For example - I'll end up cutting down the lineup to the 100 or so acts I'm most interested in, and then importing the data into Google Calendar, which integrates more cleanly with my phone and uses far less battery.

lol think I got it down to 12

Oh I'm not saying I'll go and see 100 odd, clashes would make that impossible. More like 15 is realistic. But I don't plan ahead in much detail so I like to have a complete list of acts I "might" see at hand - I can decide based on where I currently am whether it's worth trekking halfway over the site to see someone or go to something else nearby at the same time.