Cineramageddon

Simpo

Noticed something on the lineup, if you hover your cursor above the films for this area, it tells you that some will be indoors, not in the cars.

Essentially the "drive in" setting comes into play at 9.45pm every night, and they've gone with headphones rental like silent discos, not bluetooth speakers.

Looking at the programme they've lined up, which film would be the weirdest to stumble upon in the early hours, under the influence? :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think a small group of us are going to camp somewhat near it, as we have friends in Campervans West. Might be a place to say our goodbyes to people for the night.

It's gonna be fascinating to see how such an outlying area affects late night traffic. 

I hope this area is successful but I can't imagine spending much time there. If there was one thing the festival was crying out for, watching old movies in vintage cars wasn't it, in my opinion.

Edited by kalifire

Was definitely going to be sat back with a beer and smoke  and my feet up on the dashboard of a vintage t-bird watching Mad Max on the Friday night, but headphones makes it sound a bit less sociable. Might just go Strummercamp instead.

4 minutes ago, stephos83 said:

Also refers to the box office opening on 12th June at http://www.cineramageddon.com/ - wonder if you'll be able to book in advance?

looks like it - from the page on the Glastonbury website : "Advance booking of the cars, or early arrival to secure a set of headphones, is advised to ensure you will be part this thrilling cinematic history"

2,000 in the Arena max, especially when there's already a cinema on site (and who goes to a music festival to watch films?), plus another 200 to 250 in the cars... Doens't really seem worth it for the effort and as a way of taking away some of the pressure from the SE corner. Not to mention the area it takes up for minimal occupation. Can't see it being a massive success

On 5/31/2017 at 4:36 PM, stoopid_name said:

Why anyone would sit and watch a film a festival is a total mystery to me, particularly Glastonbury, you've got 360 other days of the year to do that :rolleyes:

I like to go and watch a late night film for a couple of hours Wednesday and Thursday. It's a good place to relax for a bit. Plus stuff like the midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show are great fun with everyone shouting rude things at the screen and dancing and stuff. Some unique happenings happen during these films which you would not normally get during the other 360 days of the year. Having a cinema at the festival is a nice option to have. I recommend it at some point. You might find you enjoy it :)