Gold Membership

mcshed

Why aren't you a Gold Member?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. So lots of us use this site a lot but still aren't Gold Members, given the site needs money why is that?

• I'm used to the model of getting things for free on the internet so don't like the idea of paying.
    • I'm too poor.
    • I've kind of been meaning to but have been too lazy/disorganised to manage.
    • I don't give a shit if the site continues.
    • I find Neil's views on Corbyn/Scottish Independence/Something else Neil likes to argue the toss about prohibitive in giving him money.
    • I didn't realise it was an issue.
    • I've paid my way in mugs.
    • I'm already a Gold Member.
    • Other: Please explain below.

So given there are lots of people who use this site but who aren't paying Gold Members I thought it'd be interesting to see why/raise the issue in case people aren't aware.

For me it's a combination of being used to the internet being free and being lazy when I start to think I should contribute. Maybe after next pay day.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

I'd also really like this site to keep going long term and be here until the 50th anniversary and beyond

Thanks. 20 years isn't so far away for efests, and there can't be very many online-only businesses which have been around as long. It's the longest running festie website by a very very VERY long way. :)

PS: not sure I'll still be kicking in another 30 years tho :P

Edited by eFestivals

I paid for Gold for the first time after last years festival. I've been lurking on these forums for years and decided to get more involved so my payment was twofold; a) to show my appreciation of the value I've already gained (and will continue to gain) and b)' to encourage myself to join in more.

I am a gold member but at times on I'm here a lot (like just before the festival) I try to remember to send the odd donation using the link at the bottom of the page. I pay regularly for Netflix, Guardian membership etc. I think it's only fair to contribute to a site I get so much from.

7 minutes ago, RAMMAN said:

I'm not really that observant so didn't realise it was even a thing!!! How do you go about becoming a good member? 

Just click on the efestivals store where it says Gold membership above Latest Festival News!

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm such a fan of the gold membership I paid for it twice this year :lol:

Me too.  I pay for the @SecretGlasto account on here simply so the secret sets thread can be edited for a bit longer.  It's worth it for the speed.  So, so much faster without the ads.  Go gold folks, you won't regret it!