Help Fill My Void

SwedgeAntilles

Made a thread for this last year and it seemed to go down well so let's have another go this year;

The idea is that now we have the set times and an updated Clashfinder we're all probably starting to identify gaps in our schedule (although there's far less in mine this year due to the clustereffry), stick any gaps on here and folk can recommend an act for you to check out who's on during that time.

I'll kick us off;

Friday between 11:30 (Hacienda) and 14:45 (First Aid Kit)

Sunday between 15:15 (Laura Marling) to 17:35 (Haim)

Any recommendations for during these times?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Made a thread for this last year and it seemed to go down well so let's have another go this year;

The idea is that now we have the set times and an updated Clashfinder we're all probably starting to identify gaps in our schedule (although there's far less in mine this year due to the clustereffry), stick any gaps on here and folk can recommend an act for you to check out who's on during that time.

I'll kick us off;

Same voids as me, except I'm not fussed about Laura Marling.. seeing her Citadel fest in July anyway. (Mainly there for Foals).

Might give Frank Carter and a rattlesnakes a go in JP just before HAIM.

8 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'll kick us off;

I'd recommend Black Honey in the JPT on Friday at 13:00 and Frank Carter in the JPT on Sunday at 16:00

7 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'll kick us off;

Friday: Charli XCX (12:25-13:15) She was okay when I saw her in Lollapalooza 2 years ago, it won't blow your mind or change your life but I didnt get bored and it's not even the type of thing I usually like.

Now for my void:

Sunday between 12:30 and 14:30

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'll kick us off;

my default is to wander over to West Holts.  there's usually something good on.

After Hacienda Classical, go and see Hot 8 Brass Band at midday.

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

Thought that was going to be another thread about Philipa's van 

This is completely separate perverted enterprise 

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'd recommend Black Honey in the JPT on Friday at 13:00 and Frank Carter in the JPT on Sunday at 16:00

Will give Black Honey a spin, quick look at one of their reviews sounds like it'll be my kinda thing. Tried Frank Carter before and wasn't too fussed but might give them another go. Cheers 

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Charli XCX or Hot 8 Brass Band (or catch them another time like I plan to) or Bo Ningen. Your cup runneth over here.

12 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Get smashed and watch Bazza Gib you fucking melt. And bin Haim off while your at it

2 minutes ago, Mexico54 said:

Friday: Charli XCX (12:25-13:15) She was okay when I saw her in Lollapalooza 2 years ago, it won't blow your mind or change your life but I didnt get bored and it's not even the type of thing I usually like.

Now for my void:

Real Estate, 1pm to 2pm in the JPT 

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Bo Ningen on Park 

Or Black Honey in JPT 

Unfortunately you probably can't do both without missing a chunk of one. I'm gonna decide on the day. 

Only gap I've got is between 19:00-21:00 Friday, though I may end up at Little Dragon or see what the TBA is  

3 minutes ago, Mexico54 said:

Beoga, Acoustic stage at 13:35. They'll likely be making an appearance with Sheeran later on that night too. If that's not your taste, try Dropkick Murphys, 13:35 Other Stage

2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Only gap I've got is between 19:00-21:00 Friday, though I may end up at Little Dragon or see what the TBA is  

Yeah checking out the TBA would be a good idea. If not, i'd recommend Dave at Sonic, 20:00

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

Unfortunately you probably can't do both without missing a chunk of one. I'm gonna decide on the day. 

I just listened to Las Kellies (WG, 1pm) and thought it'd be worth recommending to you (if that's not weird) but I see you've got that time slot more than covered. :P

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Lotta lotta love for Charli XCX team, colour me intrigued. Also saw Margo Price picking up recommendations elsewhere so will still her on the playlist 

Yeah. I was interested in Margo Price to fill that void but she finishes 15 mins before First Aid Kit so I've written that off. Could do half of her set I suppose but I'm not a fan of doing that.

2 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Yeah. I was interested in Margo Price to fill that void but she finishes 15 mins before First Aid Kit so I've written that off. Could do half of her set I suppose but I'm not a fan of doing that.

Hmm, yeah that's probably gonna be a bit too tight. 

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah checking out the TBA would be a good idea. If not, i'd recommend Dave at Sonic, 20:00

Ooo good shout, I liked that Jools performance. I've had to ditch Loyle Carner & Sampha due to clashes (am seeing them at Parklife) & so haven't really got anything of this vibe in my weekend at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I just listened to Las Kellies (WG, 1pm) and thought it'd be worth recommending to you (if that's not weird) but I see you've got that time slot more than covered. :P

Haha thanks for thinking of me :wub: Nah that's an excellent find, right up my street. Their recent album artwork is some flowers & I'm a sucker for anything with flowers on it. I'm well happy with the lineup & the way the times have worked out, but the fallout of that is I'm pretty much sorted for a schedule now which means I'm less inclined to explore new stuff, unfortunately. 

11 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Ooo good shout, I liked that Jools performance. I've had to ditch Loyle Carner & Sampha due to clashes (am seeing them at Parklife) & so haven't really got anything of this vibe in my weekend at the moment. 

I'll be in the crowd for Sampha at Parklife too! Gutted he's seemingly clashing with Danny Brown though.

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'll be in the crowd for Sampha at Parklife too! Gutted he's seemingly clashing with Danny Brown though.

Yeah that's a bugger, but can't win em all I guess. Still, there will probably be a bunch of lineup shifting when Frank pulls out :P 

18 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Hmm, yeah that's probably gonna be a bit too tight. 

Jesus, Swedge, as if the thread title wasn't finbarr enough. 

Personally, I'm gonna be at the University of Glasto thingy to listen to the wonderful Amy Liptrot, author of the beautiful, awesome, marvellousness novel The Outrun. 

43 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Bo Ningen on Park 

Or Black Honey in JPT 

Just added Black Honey to my list after only 30 seconds of this track. IN.