October Drift

Crazyfool01

45 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Anyone in The Portland Arms in Cambridge would have had a great time last night.. These boys were on fine form.!

@crazyfool1i did speak to Chris and Kiran after and told them they were letting you down by not having a ‘home’ gig this tour.!

my only complaint is that The Portland Arms staff were far too efficient in replenishing empty glasses..(I feel particularly fragile today as I travel into London for the football..)

if their tour comes anywhere near you, I would wholeheartedly recommend…

small venues, cheap tickets, massive energy.! What’s not to like.?

Great stuff … I think they are going to be touring a new album in feb with a Bristol show … which Is very doable … enjoy the game 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Gutted for them 

E89D6DC4-7DE5-4AAE-A04A-50DEFC8E93C2.png

Oh no! I’ve just got tickets to see them on 5th Nov in my fave little local venue. I wonder if that will be ok? 

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

Oh no! I’ve just got tickets to see them on 5th Nov in my fave little local venue. I wonder if that will be ok? 

Yep at the moment the nov part of the tour is unaffected … hopefully the rest of them won’t catch it … firmly crossing fingers it can still go ahead 

• 3 months later...

I saw these guys last weekend at Rockaway Beach. Great live band, real Duracell bunny energy levels, who went down really well with the crowd. They were booked as the Friday opener when not everybody had arrived but by hanging around for the weekend they managed to get a second set on the Sunday when Odd Morris cancelled because of Covid and with that set they really knocked it out of the park.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I saw these guys last weekend at Rockaway Beach. Great live band, real Duracell bunny energy levels, who went down really well with the crowd. They were booked as the Friday opener when not everybody had arrived but by hanging around for the weekend they managed to get a second set on the Sunday when Odd Morris cancelled because of Covid and with that set they really knocked it out of the park.

Thanks ... they had actually got 20 mins down the road im told on  the way home when they had to do and about turn .... momentum  building for them I think hopefully they might fill some slots at festivals over the summer should there be some dropouts .... hoping for Glastonbury obviously 🙂 

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

We made a point to get there for the Friday opening gig. Excellent again.

20220107_160207.jpg

20220107_161849.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow. Huge memory throwback here.  I stumbled across these guys when they were called The Darlingtons (I think?) about 2013/14.  Great live, great songs and huge stage presence.  Had a drank with them after a Tramlines set in Sheff and they were great guys too.  When they went to October Drift the sound changed and I was less keen but glad to hear they're still going and seems be doing well.  

40 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Wow. Huge memory throwback here.  I stumbled across these guys when they were called The Darlingtons (I think?) about 2013/14.  Great live, great songs and huge stage presence.  Had a drank with them after a Tramlines set in Sheff and they were great guys too.  When they went to October Drift the sound changed and I was less keen but glad to hear they're still going and seems be doing well.  

yes they were ... id not seem them as the darlingtons .... I was the drummer chris boss ..... and I promised id see them when they got a Glastonbury slot ... and they did .... lovely guys I agree .

20 minutes ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

I wonder if there is any chance they get a slot on the farm this year?   First heard them on JP in 2017, and have been one of my favourite bands since.  New album shaping up to be as good as the last one.  

Unfortunately not , lots of festivals still to be announced … crossing fingers but think they will be next year 

• 5 weeks later...