October Drift

Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, Quark said:

OK, at the risk of making CF explode, I've gotta be honest.

They are fucking incredible live.

That is all.

ive messaged them your feedback :) ... I know you see an awfull lot of live music ....so they will appreciate it ... Did you get a chance to chat to any  of them ?

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive messaged them your feedback :) ... I know you see an awfull lot of live music ....so they will appreciate it ... Did you get a chance to chat to any  of them ?

Had a very brief word with the singer on my way out. Just seemed really grateful that anyone had come out on a Monday night! :lol:

If you've fed back the feedback, tell him I'm the Class of 2020 guy on Twitter :)

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Considering it was a Monday night with about 50 people in a tiny venue above a pub, they played it like they were headlining an academy-sized venue on a Saturday night.  Visually great to watch, and an unholy racket. 

Chris told me it was probably the venue that they struggled with getting the sales going with most ...Theyve not ventured into that area before so dont have a hardcore of fans there ... as yet but im sure the 50 will change that through word of mouth ... they've had that energy for all 10 dates of the tour  with only a few nights off ... for me after one id be a broken man after 1 :) gonna try and get to see them a couple of times next time 

1 minute ago, ourkid1984 said:

That would be me. 😀 The album is fantastic and they are just as good live. 

:) fantastic .. its great to see the support for these guys starting to spread ... and its not just me talking to myself on this thread ... so as far as I can tell there will be at least 3 from efests seeing them :) keep spreading the word ... although im pretty sure musically they are speaking for themselves now :) 

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

:) fantastic .. its great to see the support for these guys starting to spread ... and its not just me talking to myself on this thread ... so as far as I can tell there will be at least 3 from efests seeing them :) keep spreading the word ... although im pretty sure musically they are speaking for themselves now :) 

I originally heard of them I would say maybe even close to 2 years ago. It was, I think, the first time they had played in Southampton and I was gutted because I couldn't go. Then by coincidence I saw them being mentioned on here by you and was pleased they were making an album and touring. As soon as I saw them playing down here again I was definitely going to go this time especially as the album is so good. I took a mate with me who really liked them and another mate couldn't go but I told him to give them a listen. I wish them well.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Quark said:

Considering it was a Monday night with about 50 people in a tiny venue above a pub, they played it like they were headlining an academy-sized venue on a Saturday night.  Visually great to watch, and an unholy racket. 

This about sums it up perfectly..

saw them on their last gig of this tour last night in Shoreditch.. Again above a pub (a few more than 50 mind and sold out..). On the tiniest of stages, I am surprised they didn’t do themselves an injury as they absolutely throw themselves into it... pretty exhausting to watch tbh.. but it isn’t just about the energy.. the lead and backing vocals hold up well against the wall of noise.. an unholy racket indeed..

their debut album is pretty good but I can’t remember seeing a band who are THAT much better live than on record..

Talking to them afterwards it seems that Bearded Theory is their only confirmed festival this summer.... if the poster is correct it looks like they could be 3rd down on The Woodland Stage, which is a good slot... if, like me, you are there, I would recommend getting along...

Obligatory and cliched ‘nice lads’ comment too... selling and signing plenty of their own merch and genuinely looking pleased with the reception they received..I can see them creating a good loyal fan base.

50 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

This about sums it up perfectly..

saw them on their last gig of this tour last night in Shoreditch.. Again above a pub (a few more than 50 mind and sold out..). On the tiniest of stages, I am surprised they didn’t do themselves an injury as they absolutely throw themselves into it... pretty exhausting to watch tbh.. but it isn’t just about the energy.. the lead and backing vocals hold up well against the wall of noise.. an unholy racket indeed..

their debut album is pretty good but I can’t remember seeing a band who are THAT much better live than on record..

Talking to them afterwards it seems that Bearded Theory is their only confirmed festival this summer.... if the poster is correct it looks like they could be 3rd down on The Woodland Stage, which is a good slot... if, like me, you are there, I would recommend getting along...

Obligatory and cliched ‘nice lads’ comment too... selling and signing plenty of their own merch and genuinely looking pleased with the reception they received..I can see them creating a good loyal fan base.

Did you also notice that the drummer appears to hate his drumkit and would give Haim a run for the money in the gurning stakes? :lol:

29 minutes ago, Quark said:

Did you also notice that the drummer appears to hate his drumkit and would give Haim a run for the money in the gurning stakes? :lol:

Ha.! When he isn’t doing the backing vocals (very well btw) he does have the look of someone effing and jeffing at his equipment... like he is encouraging it to get louder.!

whilst his stage persona is that of an angry young man that you wouldn’t want to meet on the tube, his demeanour when selling you a T-shirt after is more Michael Palin in Life of Brian.. “Hello, Crucifixion..?? First on the left, one cross each..”

I couldn’t look the the guitarist in the eye after though... I swear that wherever I stood he was proper staring at me in far too menacing a fashion during the gig.. 😳

34 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I couldn’t look the the guitarist in the eye after though... I swear that wherever I stood he was proper staring at me in far too menacing a fashion during the gig.. 😳

I found that with the bass player. Caught an occasional glimpse of eyes through the hair :D

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just confirmed they'll be supporting Slow Readers Club on their European Tour next month as well

Indeed :) that’s a pretty big support ... fingers crossed ... shame I can’t get to any of the venues on the tour ... hoping massively for G 

Edited by crazyfool1

• 2 weeks later...

livestream at 8 @Quark @BlueDaze @moams @HattersBoy @BackpackFullOfWarmBeer @Curlygirl @Dukeicon

on instagram ... now to work out if ive got instagram 

68735687_2448642342069761_27898622827571

Lockdown Day 2. Kiran’s doing a live stream gig on the The LouisianaInstagram page at 8pm, tune in xxx

Image may contain: 2 people, text

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1