Alan Moore Knows The Score

CaledonianGonzo

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He's in it and he also wrote it, but I've never seen it.  Got a real  'Hooker With A Heart of Gold' vibe from it and opted to pass.

However, having seen him in conversation a couple of times he's usually a fascinating interviewee.

Reckon I'll still be elsewhere, mind.

Saw him in conversation once and he was dull as shit. Obstinately avoided talking about anything anybody was interested in and started going into excruciatingly dull minutae about a short film project he had coming up. Just banging on about stuff that couldn't possibly make any sort of sense to anybody who wasn't involved in the project.

Nice that he's on site though, I'd bloody love to get pissed and dance to the Jackson 5 with Northamptonshire's most cantankerous wizard.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fair enough.  Maybe it depends on who's interviewing him.  One time it was Stewart Lee, which was a chortlesome meeting of minds.  

The aforementioned film project is presumably the one that's screening.

Yeah it's the same thing, just watched the trailer and it's the same footage we got shown. It wasn't great, but there again it was weird sexual horror stuff that I just wouldn't be into either way. I'd love to see Terry Christian's Let Himself Go interview him though, seems like he'd get a lot out of him. The Churchill pig sketch is one of the better things Moore's been involved in across the past 20 years. Thought the old goat had smoked away the last of what little sense of humour the court cases left him with. Might ask him to sign my copy of Miracleman to wind him up.

• 2 weeks later...