Weird Placings 2017

Matt42

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I know they're only subheadlining but an hour?! Park headline would've been ideal

they've been royally fucked over i think! Too big for the Park but would have been so good on the Other Stage. I think they will have a very small or uninteresting crowd :(

Edited by DL50

Just now, DL50 said:

they've been royally fucked over i think! Too big for the Park but would have been so good on the Other Stage. I think they will have a very small crowd :(

I am also secretly gutted that they clash a bit with Stormzy. Definitely be a small crowd up against him I think

18 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

jamie xx at the beat hotel is a bit odd no? surely that's a bit too small for him, that place will be packed

Yeah I'm intrigued by that. Especially the friends he's bringing with him are pretty big deals. I imagine they are banking on ed Sheerhan getting an absolutely massive crowd

4 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I am also secretly gutted that they clash a bit with Stormzy. Definitely be a small crowd up against him I think

Hell, I'd rather The National have a smaller crowd that are into it and there FOR THEM than just a bunch of folks hanging around with nothing else to do before the headliners. Besides, I seem to be one of the strange anomalies on here that is really stoked for both The National and Foos, so I'll be down the front for both!

6 minutes ago, funkyuk said:

Annie Mac Is pure pandering to the BBC. it will be a live broadcast, I expect.  what a waste of a headline slot on JP.  Cant she broadcast from their onsite studio?

Correct. It'll be absolutely rammed with wee dafties as well. Looks like it might be regular thing too, giving a DJ a headline slot in there, after Fatboy Slim doing the Saturday last year. 

11 minutes ago, funkyuk said:

Annie Mac Is pure pandering to the BBC. it will be a live broadcast, I expect.  what a waste of a headline slot on JP.  Cant she broadcast from their onsite studio?

Cant she broadcast down the road at Castle Cary station even?

29 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Hell, I'd rather The National have a smaller crowd that are into it and there FOR THEM than just a bunch of folks hanging around with nothing else to do before the headliners. Besides, I seem to be one of the strange anomalies on here that is really stoked for both The National and Foos, so I'll be down the front for both!

I wouldn't underestimate the Foos/National crossover. Me and the GF are another two who will be down the front for both. I'd expect a decent sized crowd of The National fans! And I couldn't care less about Stormzy.

Ride have headlined Field Day and are fourth down on the JP Tent. Were tipped to headline the Park on here.

May have to seriously consider how long I can gamble on staying at the Hospital takeover in The Blues for before heading to the JP Tent!

Edited by Homer

24 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Emeli Sande subbing Other on Sunday. Above the courteeners. 

She is bigger though, isn't she?  Easy comparison - they both released their latest albums within a week of each other.  Courteeners' has sold 50K to date and Emeli's 250K.  

2 minutes ago, RyanS said:

She is bigger though, isn't she?  Easy comparison - they both released their latest albums within a week of each other.  Courteeners' has sold 50K to date and Emeli's 250K.  

One direction sell millions but that doesn't make them worthy of a decent spot on a Glasto stage. 

She's shite.