Hugh Jass

TBAs

9 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Enlighten me lovely, what's stereotypical about it? If I was a white middle class Londoner, saying those things, that might be stereotyping. But I'm far from that. It's called self-effacing, self-deprecating, it's called everyday bloody life where I'm from (and my life has been split either end of the East Lancs) so again, stop being an attention seeking keyboard warrior who doth protest about every little thing that you think may offend, and get a grip on reality, on the things that really matter in life. Peace & love, sweetie. Peace & love! 

It's a really sad stereotype of working class scousers that lots of people don't like. Bin dippers, dole etc. It's Tory as fuck and obviously a stereotype and it has been a damaging one - the negative stereotype of Scousers certainly certainly serves a with the Hilsborough cover up story for example. I was just highlighting that you were criticising someone else's 'insensitive' wording whilst also posting insensitive stuff that!

Ironically it was you actually you who was getting your knickers in a twist over someone's post about the attack (where they actually called it 'shitty' but it was misinterpreted). 

So 'sweetie', tbh I'm not easily offended and hardly a keyboard warrior. Don't think you'll find many examples on here of me getting annoyed by comments. Stereotypes with good humour can be fine. However you just came across as a c**t to be honest and jusdging drom your replies to others, you seem determined to prove it 'sweetie'

Peace & love

13 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

And it's a lovely thought Ben, one I whole heartedly agree with and always strive to adhere to. Until drama queens pipe up and take innocent, fun filled words and twist them to the extent I'm basically being labelled a racist (scousers are a race aren't they?!? :-) ) or sexist (the Sande debate.)  Strong, stable, yet aggressive is the only way to defend ones honour in the face of such attention seeking, virtue signalling bullshit. Ive probably already been reported for 'hate speech' by one of the above posters!' :rofl:

But yes, I shall from hence forth take the Jesus route, and turn my other cheek when faced with such adversity. You are a gentleman, and I thank you for your wise words. Peace & love to all!

It's not virtue signaling bullshit, it's just about not posting boorish attention seeking twaddle and then pretending to be some sort of victim fighting for free speech when people call you out on it. 

Now, let's leave it and get back on track...

Edited by strummer77

This is exactly the sort of thing that happens when you invite Liam Gallagher to your party. He takes over the stereo, gets caught shagging in the toilet and pisses on your dead nan's commemorative rose bush. 

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

This is exactly the sort of thing that happens when you invite Liam Gallagher to your party. He takes over the stereo, gets caught shagging in the toilet and pisses on your dead nan's commemorative rose bush. 

Does he? 

Or does he just claim he does on Twitter? 

4 minutes ago, Voucher Boy said:

Does he? 

Or does he just claim he does on Twitter? 

Either way, this is what you get when you invite << insert regional stereotype - possibly offensive - of your choosing here >>

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What stage / time are The Virtue Signallers on?

Heaven / just after Matins. 

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What stage / time are The Virtue Signallers on?

According to The alt-right the Virtue Signallers will be appearing on The Leftfield!

25 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

It's a really sad stereotype of working class scousers that lots of people don't like. Bin dippers, dole etc. It's Tory as fuck and obviously a stereotype and it has been a damaging one - the negative stereotype of Scousers certainly certainly serves a with the Hilsborough cover up story for example. I was just highlighting that you were criticising someone else's 'insensitive' wording whilst also posting insensitive stuff that!

Ironically it was you actually you who was getting your knickers in a twist over someone's post about the attack (where they actually called it 'shitty' but it was misinterpreted). 

So 'sweetie', tbh I'm not easily offended and hardly a keyboard warrior. Don't think you'll find many examples on here of me getting annoyed by comments. Stereotypes with good humour can be fine. However you just came across as a c**t to be honest and jusdging drom your replies to others, you seem determined to prove it 'sweetie'

Peace & love

Oh you are a pwoppa drama queen now bringing Tory & hillsborough into it. Behave will ya. You're the one looking the c**t now with that rubbish. 

The working class scousers I know love the banter, the harsher the better, and take zero offence when it comes from their ilk, just like us working class mancs. Why do you feel so self important to defend their honour when they never have to to my face? Jesus if you saw my FB timeline & whatsapp after a dodgy united result you'd be calling human rights watch and hiring best QC in the land to defend poor little me! 

Can you read? Where in the original post did I limit the 'stereotyping' to scousers? It referenced mancs (oasis) as well as Scousers being on dole, smoking weed & eating greggs. By doing that I made it obvious it was self deprecating humuour to both, because yes I am from one, Salford to be precise, but lived worked bred and spent many years in the other part. My kids are mostly scouse Ffs. Was I insulting them and their mothers, their families? Get a bloody grip, or more importantly get a sense of humour as well as a sense of perspective. You have neither. 

30 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Stop stereotyping

Just now, Bonaneas said:

Stop stereotyping

Stop your Alanis Morrisette approach to irony. 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not in the SafeSpaceport?

Yes. And at Avalonhardlookatyerself.

7 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Oh you are a pwoppa drama queen now bringing Tory & hillsborough into it. Behave will ya. You're the one looking the c**t now with that rubbish. 

The working class scousers I know love the banter, the harsher the better, and take zero offence when it comes from their ilk, just like us working class mancs. Why do you feel so self important to defend their honour when they never have to to my face? Jesus if you saw my FB timeline & whatsapp after a dodgy united result you'd be calling human rights watch and hiring best QC in the land to defend poor little me! 

Can you read? Where in the original post did I limit the 'stereotyping' to scousers? It referenced mancs (oasis) as well as Scousers being on dole, smoking weed & eating greggs. By doing that I made it obvious it was self deprecating humuour to both, because yes I am from one, Salford to be precise, but lived worked bred and spent many years in the other part. My kids are mostly scouse Ffs. Was I insulting them and their mothers, their families? Get a bloody grip, or more importantly get a sense of humour as well as a sense of perspective. You have neither. 

Mate, I think what you're missing is the context. How the hell are we meant to know your family history and judge posts on that? How is it 'obvious' it's self-deprecating? If you post somethging on an anonymous forum people might take it the wrong way maybe? I get now you didn't mean it to come across like that - but it did. Considering you were criticising a poster for their post coming across as insensitive (although 'easily offended' me thought it was fine) maybe you should have been been aware of that?

For someone with such a sense of perspective you seem to be getting awfully worked up over people on a forum not liking your weirdly aggressive posts, sweetie    

Edited by strummer77

1 hour ago, Bonaneas said:

I never mentioned diversity once

You said this, which is saying they booked them to increase gender diversity.

EE herself, etc etc bemoaning the under representation of female acts at the festival. So they've plugged that by importing more female pop acts and bumping them up the bill

1 hour ago, Bonaneas said:

and I never mentioned her subbing, dickhead

You posted this, in a thread called "Weird Placings 2017".

Emeli Sande subbing Other on Sunday. Above the courteeners. 

"Dickhead".

43 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Leave my Nan's bush out of this. 

8 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Mate, I think what you're missing is the context. How the hell are we meant to know your family history and judge posts on that? How is it 'obvious' it's self-deprecating? If you post somethging on an anonymous forum people might take it the wrong way maybe? I get now you didn't mean it to come across like that - but it did. Considering you were criticising a poster for their post coming across as insensitive (although 'easily offended' me thought it was fine) maybe you should have been been aware of that?

For someone with such a sense of perspective you seem to be getting awfully worked up over people on a forum not liking your weirdly aggressive posts, sweetie    

Because my very next post straight after I qualified my 'position' to be able to make posts and comments like that. If you'd have read on a post of three instead of jumping on your PC powered virtue signalling keyboard you'd have seen that. Not that I ever have to qualify myself, but there are quite a few precious little white, middle class, take offense at anything flowers around nowadays. Gorgeous. :wub:

10 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

"Dickhead".

JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!

7 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Because my very next post straight after I qualified my 'position' to be able to make posts and comments like that. If you'd have read on a post of three instead of jumping on your PC powered virtue signalling keyboard you'd have seen that. Not that I ever have to qualify myself, but there are quite a few precious little white, middle class, take offense at anything flowers around nowadays. Gorgeous. :wub:

'Middle class'. Ok mate.

Anyway, chill out. Cut out the name calling. Stop being a dickhead.

(Irony intentional)

Edited by strummer77

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Or in the Acuckstic.

That one made me genuinely lol!

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Leave my Nan's bush out of this. 

You're such a dead nan's bush, freedom of speech denying, over sensitive, libtard snowflake. Jeez.

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

"Dickhead".

#willskillz

Did you do air quotes? Say you did air quotes. 

I came on here tonight for some respite from all the hate and tragedy that surrounds us at present. It would be nice if people could leave all the crap out and put their handbags away. What a thoroughly depressing read the last few pages have been.