Zorb football activity

RAMMAN

Have many people managed to see the zorb football type activity run by the StreetGames charity? If you haven't it's up near the T&C fields on the Wednesday and Thursday...I do a bit of work supporting the charity and they are do great work...over the past 12 months they have been focusing on trying to end holiday hunger, it is a very real issue that young people who get free school meals during term time often go without food during holiday periods. This problem effects so many families with the young people effected going back to school undernourished and nowhere near in a position to learn and develop... they are not able to push the fundraising element of their work at the festival, but if you go and enjoy the activity please drop them a few quid if you can, it will change young people's lives 

4 minutes ago, joeshez89 said:

I've never seen this before-  do you just pitch up and have a go? 

Would be great if there was any more info on times etc?

and of course there would be a charity donation!

Yer, they set up a big inflatable area for the pitch and people get in zorb type balls and off they go... I can not recall the exact location just that it's around the T&C fields area... it's free to have a go they just ask for a donation... great guys and a good laugh 

I'm interested in this and would like to both join in and donate, what are the details times etc.....

3 minutes ago, RAMMAN said:

Yer, they set up a big inflatable area for the pitch and people get in zorb type balls and off they go... I can not recall the exact location just that it's around the T&C fields area... it's free to have a go they just ask for a donation... great guys and a good laugh 

Sounds good, I'm keen! Surprised I've never seen it before, I often explore round that area on a Thursday 

I came across it in 2015 but assumed there would be a massive queue and it was pre-booked or something.

I've done zorb football and it is a lot tighter in those balls than you think. Incredibly hot so might be best to do it when it's a bit cooler.

i will definitely be coming to give it a go this year, as well as giving a good donation of course!

40 minutes ago, craigyb31 said:

I'm interested in this and would like to both join in and donate, what are the details times etc.....

It's on all day ( not sure when it finishes for the evening) Wednesday and Thursday...I'm not sure exactly where it is situated but I will try to find out. It's a great laugh... the main reason I brought it up was I'm not sure anyone who has had a go realises it's for a charity that does much needed and great work! I would be up for a pre efest meet up kick around 

9 minutes ago, RAMMAN said:

It's on all day ( not sure when it finishes for the evening) Wednesday and Thursday...I'm not sure exactly where it is situated but I will try to find out. It's a great laugh... the main reason I brought it up was I'm not sure anyone who has had a go realises it's for a charity that does much needed and great work! I would be up for a pre efest meet up kick around 

Time permitting I'm up for a laugh