Breakfast recommendations

APPLES77

1 hour ago, GMF said:

I would assume it is a productivity issue, all got to be cooked fresh, people wanting very specific combinations and each omelette needs attending whilst cooking.

A Spanish tortilla type may work by selling slices from a bigger pie arrangement.

No different really to the crepe stand at Grande Bouffe.  Obvs the combinations would have to be relatively simple and set, but would still work.

Loving the tortilla idea as ewll though :)

4 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

Making their debut this year. Located between the pyramid and Williams green will be a stall selling scotch egg meals. I've seen these guys at a few festivals before but never at glasto. They do a "scotch egg breakfast". It's amazing. Check out their website. 

http://www.villagedelicatering.co.uk/

Thanks for this. I'm going with a scotch egg fiend and this will keep them happy when I drag them out of bed for Hacienda Classical.

8 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Has no one mentioned the traditional festival breakfast of 7 Pringles and a line yet?! For shame!! 

That's a step up from my friend who in 2013 crawled out of her tent each morning drinking vodka orange...  It made me want to vom :lol:

13 hours ago, GMF said:

And after two pages of alcohol, the breakfast thread mentions food. It says a lot about the people on the forum.

I shouldn't say I'm surprised, those scotch eggs look bloody good though. 

Edited by nickharley
  • Upvote 1

In 2011 I found an amazing place for breakfast,  I've never seen since although it may still exist.  Cream coloured pyramid shaped tent you walked in with tables and chairs in there, it was set up on a on a corner poss nearish bread and roses,  it was all based on organic meat from pigs that they bred themselves in Somerset or something -  good coffee, smoked beans, sausages, bacon but really good quality stuff.  Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

In 2011 I found an amazing place for breakfast,  I've never seen since although it may still exist.  Cream coloured pyramid shaped tent you walked in with tables and chairs in there, it was set up on a on a corner poss nearish bread and roses,  it was all based on organic meat from pigs that they bred themselves in Somerset or something -  good coffee, smoked beans, sausages, bacon but really good quality stuff.  Any ideas?

That sounds a lot like The Story who I think would've started at the Festival that year.

The first year they came to the Festival it was with a huge meat based menu, except that they ran out of many ingredients and so the menu changed several times over the weekend. What caught my attention was that amongst the other things they offered real fresh cooked Pastrami - for the first couple days anyway.

They're still there, but the offering these days is essentially Burgers and nothing else. Still decent quality, but the variety is gone. They're now branded as the "Dirty Burger Bar" - nothing to do with the London based chain of the same name.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

That sounds a lot like The Story who I think would've started at the Festival that year.

The first year they came to the Festival it was with a huge meat based menu, except that they ran out of many ingredients and so the menu changed several times over the weekend. What caught my attention was that amongst the other things they offered real fresh cooked Pastrami - for the first couple days anyway.

They're still there, but the offering these days is essentially Burgers and nothing else. Still decent quality, but the variety is gone. They're now branded as the "Dirty Burger Bar" - nothing to do with the London based chain of the same name.

Thanks @incident.  That sounds just like the one, damn shame they switched to burgers only it was a cracking place.  I've yet to find bacon as good as that in the years since.  I'll keep an eye out for them though, seemed like nice guys.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Theres a couple. One near the Other on the way towards Silver Hayes and another in one of the markets coming away from the Pyramid towards West Holts ish. 

I think. 

There is (or was) another by the Green Fields as well.

There's probably others, but if anyone is interested they can ask at an info point. They have a list of all the traders and their locations and will happily mark them on one of their maps.

My last few times I've started the day with a big Yeo Valley yoghurt and granola. Obviously won't be able to do that this year... Might have to be a roll from the bakery and some fruit.

Does Glastonbury announce a list of food traders before the festival starts?

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Where is pavement riser stage? There's a strawberry and cream stall in markets between WG and pyramid somewhere but don't remember a stage near it

You know the big red bus that sells bacon & eggs etc?

Pavement riser is right next to that. Strawbs & Cream stand is almost directly opposite. 

Edited by BlackHole2006

• 9 months later...