Breakfast recommendations

APPLES77

34 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Think its Echoes Fall rosé and its 5.50. I think. Nice and cold!

I don't really drink beer and its too early for red wine or whisky. 

The Pennards Organic Wine Tent also does full bottles, have you ever visited their tent, lovely hot rum punch as well . I'm coming in by coach this year so it limits how much booze I can bring so want something that's bang for your buck.

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:07 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Next door or next door but one to Grande Bouffe on way out of West Holts up towards WG. Got a big flamenco dancer on top of it. Never had the tapas from there, though the menu looks tempting, but breakfast I'd recommend - chorizo, fried egg, spinach, beans and diced potatoes  for normal glasto breakfast price. Plus they do decent fresh juice to wash it down with if you're not alcohol ready!

The Tapas from there is unreal. Really big portion as well, had it in 2014 while watching Bonobo.

33 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

What's in one of them then? 

Gin and elderflower and something else. Tastes like summer in a glass and if you end up drinking it too quickly you can use leftover ice to chill a top up g&t. Winner. 

25 minutes ago, swede said:

The Pennards Organic Wine Tent also does full bottles, have you ever visited their tent, lovely hot rum punch as well . I'm coming in by coach this year so it limits how much booze I can bring so want something that's bang for your buck.

I haven't no, will check it out. Where abouts is it?

Smoke and a vali before bed.

On waking:

Smoke, B-Active (cheap Tesco Berocca) and some water. 

Crack open a cheap lager.

Cook some tom yum noodles with egg and cherry tomatoes/ or canned soup with croissants to dip in to.

Another smoke and crack another can. Should set me up until lunchtime when I'm out and about.

3 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

People are talking about buying wine bottles on site. Can they be taken away from the bars or do you have to drink them at the bar? In coach this time so tight for room 

I got a bottle of prosecco decanted at one of those places with the bottle on top. It wasn't cheap. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

People are talking about buying wine bottles on site. Can they be taken away from the bars or do you have to drink them at the bar? In coach this time so tight for room 

You can bring them where you like. Into other bars even. 

The Wine Bar wine (with the big inflatable thingy) has improved dramatically in recent years. 

44 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

As you head along the markets to avalon it's a tent on the left if memory serves. Lovely punch.  

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Walk through market itowards avalon from greenpeace. It's on your left, normally opposite a hayfever stall with a "push your face through for a funny seaside photograph" thing outside it. there's a postcard stall near there too. They do mead and then a few different flavoured wines. By the glass or 250ml bottle. 

Ah yes think I've sipped from their stock before. Some weird elderflower flavour. Needed a Rennie after it. 

Will be back though as I think I made a poor choice. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

I haven't no, will check it out. Where abouts is it?

Its on the path/walkway between Avalon and the festival. Its usually a small white tent so I can see why people miss it. Amazing selection of wines and like I said the hot rum punch is amazing, one of the best things I've ever drank tbh.

On 29/05/2017 at 10:41 AM, APPLES77 said:

I'm usually a fan of waking up and drinking a can that's cooled overnight. This year though the time has come to be a bit more sensible. After lots of festivals I'm not really sure what the best options for breakfast are.

What's your favourite brekkie and where do you get it from? 

My belly shall be eternally grateful

Making their debut this year. Located between the pyramid and Williams green will be a stall selling scotch egg meals. I've seen these guys at a few festivals before but never at glasto. They do a "scotch egg breakfast". It's amazing. Check out their website. 

http://www.villagedelicatering.co.uk/

IMG_4423.PNG

8 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

Making their debut this year. Located between the pyramid and Williams green will be a stall selling scotch egg meals. I've seen these guys at a few festivals before but never at glasto. They do a "scotch egg breakfast". It's amazing. Check out their website. 

IMG_4423.PNG

And after two pages of alcohol, the breakfast thread mentions food. It says a lot about the people on the forum.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

So nobody got any pointers for the much sought after cheesy omelette? 

I have not, but was only thinking the other day that a decent omelette stand must be there somewhere.  Such a basic thing with so many filling options. Cheese, spinach and mushroom.... :P

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

I have not, but was only thinking the other day that a decent omelette stand must be there somewhere.  Such a basic thing with so many filling options. Cheese, spinach and mushroom.... :P

Breakfast of champions but you can keep yer manky green stuff unless it can be inhaled. ;)

32 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

IMG_4423.PNG

HOT AND CRISPY SCOTCH EGGS. I can't stop reading it. It's got me going BIG TIME. I bet they've got a runny middle and everything like them ones in London!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I would assume it is a productivity issue, all got to be cooked fresh, people wanting very specific combinations and each omelette needs attending whilst cooking.

A Spanish tortilla type may work by selling slices from a bigger pie arrangement.