Breakfast recommendations

APPLES77

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

They don't do a bad ostrich burger too from what I remember :)

One of my mates got an ostrich burger from there and was disappointed that it just tasted like a normal burger. Think he wanted it to taste more ostrichy (whatever that means)

54 minutes ago, TobySinclair_ said:

Henry's Beard in Greenfields does a brilliant Veggie Breakfast and Brews in proper cups! Usually has small folk acts playing too.

Went there first thing after setting our tent up last year and a band started playing while we were eating, gave me a lovely homecoming feeling. 

Charm x

2 hours ago, theDBre said:

I like getting Shakshouka from the cafe in Greenpeace area while waiting for my number to be called for the showers.

there's shakshouka!? Fucking hell I've literally never noticed, and I'm in there for breakfast every year. I'm probably going to be in there every day this year.

So yeah I was about to say that Greenpeace is the best veggie breakfast on site, and is very handily located right near the West Holts, where I like to always see the first band of the day, so you don't need to get up too early to fit them both in.

Hurly Burly cafe in T&C is also amazing and has been a festival staple for me for years across Glastonbury, Green Man, and formerly Latitude. Their leeky eggs are a big winner, and the Mexican breakfast is incredible.

Manic Organic, No Bones Jones, and the Tor Rugby Club all do a great breakfast, highly recommend. Had summat in Avalon Cafe last year which was really nice, but I forgot what.

All these are veggie.

6 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Ideally I'd like to find somewhere that does well-fired, crispy morning rolls with egg and potato scone. Can't imagine there would be much of a market for that though. 

Sounds alright that. Be the change you want to see in Glastonbury, set up a stall.

can of cider thats been under the tent all night, usually icey cold because of this.....then a quick march to the nearest place selling a bacon bap.....cant beat the classic. I cant bring any food with me for cooking etc, as cant carry the gear being a public transport glastonbury goer but ive found ive never needed to......saves hassle anyway, where we camped last year in pylon the nearest food place was about a minutes walk away and did a fair bit of bacon for the price. 

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So Bloody Marys then.

Recommendations?

I always make my own..... they never put enough vodka in for my liking :-D

I know that doesn't really help much but you're welcome to swing by pennard and I'll make you one - no celery mind..... inappropriate use of salad! 

My recommendations are, at the tent before i go out a can of ale and a white Russian then down to the guys at wells rugby club hog roast (just down from williams green on the way to the pyramid) for their breakfast bap at very reasonable prices with free tea refills or a cafe up near family camping behind the kids field (run by the local scuba club i think?) Great full english at a good price

11 hours ago, fionajm777 said:

Any vegan breakfast recommendations? Always take cereal and individual alpro almond milks but gets a bit boring by Sunday...

The breakfast at Manic Organic is vegan - it's really tasty and filling, too. There's a kind of savoury grain and nuts dish, some rough chopped and fried skin-on potatoes, a big pile of salsa, and a big chunk of rustic bread. It's very recommended, even for non-vegans and veggies. 

• Upvote 2