Tupps

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is much blacklight at Glasto?  I'm trying to decide what kind of hula hoop to take with me to dance with.  I'm thinking about buying a UV glow hula hoop - one that glows under blacklight - but will only do this if there will be places where it will glow.

Thank you!

Natalie

57 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

There's plenty of info in the hula hoop thread treacle. Make sure you are in the right thread though, the crisp based hula hoop thread is a bit of a car crash if truth be told

I had the same issue with the 'Sunday Camping chair on the Pyramid Field's and 'Space Invaders' threads

1 hour ago, Tupps said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is much blacklight at Glasto?  I'm trying to decide what kind of hula hoop to take with me to dance with.  I'm thinking about buying a UV glow hula hoop - one that glows under blacklight - but will only do this if there will be places where it will glow.

Thank you!

Natalie

In the Theatre and Circus fields they have hula workshops, they always appreciate people of all talents (or none what so ever in my case but the gf likes it)

Just had a bit of a flashback to just after Metallica finished and we where heading towards glade. Someone randomly gave my gf a hoop and she started spinning it. Very shortly after she was invited to strut her stuff on one of the main bars along that strip so she ended up drawing a huge crowd and the bar (which had been dead) gave us a beer each for drawing in some punters.

Thank you for your replies. I'm a bit of a hoop fanatic! Incredibly excited to spend time in the circus fields!! :D

Tommy, that sounds amazing! I bet the crowd loved it.

I had bought a beautiful hoop with reflective  tape (which sparkles in the sun) on it for Glasto, as a cheaper alternative to an LED (see the video posted by Bamber - LEDs cost £200+) but it is unfortunately too heavy and would also get ruined by mud and grass. So I want to make sure the next hoop I order is festival suitable!  

This is Rachel Lust, my fave hooper:

52 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Must add UV paint to my list! Someone posted a link to a website selling glitter and UV stuff, who was that?! I'm going to see if I can find it.... 

Will try and find it when I get home later ... that's where I got mine from :) 

This is my favourite topic EVER. Combining sparkly/glowy stuff and hula hoops. Yes. 

Not sure on the UV/black light question - I've got UV hair dye going on at the moment so I'm very much on the hunt for some UV lights to test it out myself! I'm sure there will be some somewhere, whether or not there's room to hoop is another question!

As for hoops - something with reflective tape will be great in the daytime. Especially if the sun is shining! 

Last year I took my basic LED (cost me about £60 from Oddballs) but this year I'm bringing along my fancy ULA Oops hoop (smart LED hoop) and I'm definitely looking forward to giving that a spin. The problem, of course, is that by the time it's dark enough I'm not normally in any state to hoop...

I spend a lot of time in the circus fields too. Especially since I'm into all the aerial stuff as well, it's properly breathtaking and super inspiring! 

But on your original question - I personally wouldn't bother with an UV/glow in the dark hoop. You probably won't get enough glow out of it and LEDs are much more versatile!

4 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Must add UV paint to my list! Someone posted a link to a website selling glitter and UV stuff, who was that?! I'm going to see if I can find it.... 

www.paintglow.co.uk was that it "?

Edited by crazyfool1