Ground Hog Day

shuttlep

with the web cam getting stuck for the past few days. It made me think.

I could get stuck or re live a whole day or a set at Glastonbury which ones would i like to re live

the set i would re live would be The Doves 2009... John Peel, Never ever have I had so much fun . it was awesome and the crowd where rocking .

if i had to re live a day, it would be the Saturday of 2010.. most of the days were amazing in that year but particularity the Saturday for me. it was just a magical day with friends in the sun listening to good music, walking round in flip flops. The Sunday was pretty crap though,. I fell asleep watching slash missed so much and got drawn on in my sleep. rookie error

28 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

if i had to re live a day, it would be the Saturday of 2010.. most of the days were amazing in that year but particularity the Saturday for me. it was just a magical day with friends in the sun listening to good music, walking round in flip flops. The Sunday was pretty crap though,. I fell asleep watching slash missed so much and got drawn on in my sleep. rookie error

That Saturday was a pretty fantastic day - the sun, the vibes, Shakira was amazing and Muse back when they were good. I loved the Sunday too though with Stevie Wonder, Nora Jones, Ray Davies (this was my first Glasto with my teenage daughter, hence a fair bit of Pyramid stage-sticking)

I saw the flaming lips on the Friday of 2010, and Stevie wonder on the Sunday - I have absolutely no recollection whatsoever of Saturday at all :lol: I dunno if that means it was absolutely amazing, or utterly forgettable 

Friday 2013

Just me and the Mrs there and we absolutely nailed it that day. Everything we saw was awesome from 11am through until 5am, we maintained the perfect level of fuckedness all day, the weather was good, the food was good, the people were good...

I'll always look back on that as one of the best days of my life :) 

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

with the web cam getting stuck for the past few days. It made me think.

I could get stuck or re live a whole day or a set at Glastonbury which ones would i like to re live

the set i would re live would be The Doves 2009... John Peel, Never ever have I had so much fun . it was awesome and the crowd where rocking .

If we are talking Groundhog Day then the beauty of it would be you could see all of the acts you want to see and all of the ones you never knew you wanted to see and it would never get boring. Same goes for drink / food /entertainment / conversations, couldn't think of a better place to re-live constantly.

As for a specific, would have to be this year (Friday probs) as weather is going to be amazing and it will be the best one yet (according to Michael).

Wednesday 2013

My first Glasto experience - we drove 2 hours to get there, no traffic, no queues, tent was up by 10:00

I was given the best sight seeing tour of the site, lots of cider from the brothers bar in the sunshine, the anticipation of the crowd was immense

The sunset, food, people and vibe of the place was like a drug and I've been back every year since 

All the best for me! I just want a ground hog week that never ever ends. Or a Brig a Doon experience where the whole site is alive from our arrival on Tuesday to Monday then we can't leave and all sleep and awaken the next year to start again. 

Saturday night 2004, our first Glastonbury and the Friday night had been a little bit of a let down with Oasis. Saturday night was going well and Basement Jaxx were doing a great job of hosting a party at the other stage, everybody was in a great mood when the heavens opened.  Like, properly opened......

It seemed like everybody just started dancing harder and I swear they turned the music up because absolutely nobody gave a shit. We danced for another hour or so in the pouring rain and that was our first "Glastonbury moment", the moment we knew we'd be coming back every year. Singing all the way back to our tent, drenched!.

I have to say though, Sunday night 2010 watching Faithless followed by Stevie Wonder was a dream come true.

Edited by bombfrog

Friday of 2015

My first Glastonbury and I hadn't felt too great on the Weds and Thurs so when I felt better on the Friday I was well ready to get on it! Can't particularly remember who I saw apart from Mark Ronson and Florence (the days all kind of merge into one) but I was just having a blast. Yeah it rained, but me and my boyfriend at the time ran back to the tent to get wellies and ended up staying there for a while just getting more drunk. My wellies were useless Vans ones and I slipped and fell over a couple of times but I was so drunk that I didn't really notice and I'm told it was funny so that's fine. Can't really pinpoint it but if I had to live one Glastonbury day over and over then it would be that one. 

5 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Friday of 2015

My first Glastonbury and I hadn't felt too great on the Weds and Thurs so when I felt better on the Friday I was well ready to get on it! Can't particularly remember who I saw apart from Mark Ronson and Florence (the days all kind of merge into one) but I was just having a blast. Yeah it rained, but me and my boyfriend at the time ran back to the tent to get wellies and ended up staying there for a while just getting more drunk. My wellies were useless Vans ones and I slipped and fell over a couple of times but I was so drunk that I didn't really notice and I'm told it was funny so that's fine. Can't really pinpoint it but if I had to live one Glastonbury day over and over then it would be that one. 

After standing there and watching Mark Ronson, my friend said something about Boy George, to which i replied "oh id like to see him come on stage".. he had just been on stage... my head was in a far far distant place

There have been many, many great days but Friday 2013 sticks out in recent times.

It started badly with Beady Eye but we then had the following run:-

The Hives

Goat

Molotov Jukebox

Alt-J

Foals

Portishead

Naughty Corner

It was brilliant! I'd do any day again though. Even the muddy ones. I wish I had a ticket!

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

After standing there and watching Mark Ronson, my friend said something about Boy George, to which i replied "oh id like to see him come on stage".. he had just been on stage... my head was in a far far distant place

That's a special kind of drunk/high :lol:

Friday of 2015.

Got entirely drenched watching Mary J. Then dancing with new pals (who have since become best friends) outside the Beat Hotel and the sun appearing from behind the clouds - was the perfect moment. Finishing off with RTJ - Caribou - Hot Chip. 

The 24 hour period from around midnight on Friday 2014 (my first Glastonbury) to midnight on the Saturday. Met some total randoms in The Park while waiting for a friend to turn up. When said friend decided to go to bed, we wasted a very amusing hour or so around The Park and then explored the SE corner. Remember dancing in the cave until it was light to god knows what, but it was awesome, and then heading to the stone circle. Chatting to more randoms, heading back to my tent around 8am, meeting my friends who were all getting up, accompanying them to breakfast (albeit not being able to eat anything) and then having an awesome dance music day with my friend's mates, taking in some storming tunes at arcadia and beat hotel during the day, and then meeting everyone from our group for Fat Boy Slim and then heading back to Arcadia after. So good. I end it at midnight, because around 1am I hit the wall, and pretty much fell asleep on my feet....one of my friend's mates very kindly half-carried me all the way back to Rivermead. Very sweet.

Weirdly, this 24 hour period involved me losing my wallet with 150quid in, forgetting to watch Metallica and barely seeing any of my actual friends :lol:

Edited by Sasperella