Sunrise or Sunset

marathonsteve

Sunset is one of my favourite times. The anticipation about the night ahead, you can usually feel the magic and excitement in the crowds. I cannot wait for sunset at Glastonbury.

I like sunrise and I like looking around in the daylight and just seeing how completely mashed everyone else is around me but I always feel a bit sad because the night is over and we are one day closer to going home :(

Always both for me, always been a night owl and Glastonbury is just the best place for it.

I find the best time to sleep is between 7am to 10.30 ish, the least going on. Hangovers seem to be kind to me at the festival for some reason! 

Whichever early morning is the likeliest for a clear sky, that's when I hope to be up a Glastonbury hill with my friends for a sunrise this year. For the first time. <3

Sunset for me, always in the land of nod when the sun comes up. I need a good sleep otherwise I struggle through the day but music and drink keep me going. Not drinking this year though so probably won't make it to the naughty corner and will call it a night after the headliners.

Sunset just pips it for me, simply because I know it's the beginning of another magical night at Glastonbury. 

I've experienced some beautiful sunrises up at The Stone Circle, but you know it's time to go back to a hot tent for a terrible sleep for a few hours! 

7 hours ago, Spindles said:

I think the sunset last year on Saturday night though, that was about the best I've seen.  Glorious colours amongst the clouds that made the blues seem brighter and lined the clouds with gold.

Took this picture last year on my way to see Richard Hawley on the Friday night...

IMG_82.jpg.6b4607deeec357ed5fc8a968c02db722.jpg

9 hours ago, Untz said:

There's something a bit horrible about being fucked in the SE Corner when/after the sun has come up. Doesn't feel right.

Its the same when they turn the lights on in the club. The lighting and accumulated sweat really takes away the glamour.

Edited by OffshoreToon

I arrive on the Tuesday. I'll be raising a glass (plastic) to the sunset that first eve and staying awake to witness the wednesday morning madness.I shall then endeavour to witness all sunrises and all sunsets throughout. This can be acheived (and has been) with power naps during lesser acts at the pyramid stage in the afternoon. Managed to sleep through Paloma Faith and Pharrel Williams one year. Perfect way to see their shows. Because i'm nappieeeee. :P

Just now, OffshoreToon said:

Its the same when they turn the lights on in the club. The lighting and accumulated sweat really takes the glamour away from us all.

Much worse with sunlight I think. I've felt the same when leaving a club in summer and it's intensely bright and warm outside. So wrong.